Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

25 jumps left, but on my way.

also, had to drop an 'a' out of hackman, because apparently 'hack' is a no-no word

Gene Honkman imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.
Our lovely thejanitor and anyone else involved with goosetools just pressed go on a beautiful piece of tech for ship requests and acquisition. Hip hip hooray. Get those geese a beer

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

In fact rename to that immediately if you get a free one

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

esto es malo posted:

Gene Honkman imo

goddamnit

does it cost to change your IGN or is that something that you gotta pay for?

whocares8310
Sep 22, 2010

Sir, I think it's pronounced nook-ya-ler.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

goddamnit

does it cost to change your IGN or is that something that you gotta pay for?

First one was free for awhile. May or may not be the case still.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I feel like geese can put together the funds to help this gosling if it is not free right now.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly, not that big a deal, and I can change that on payday of it really annoys me enough.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Honestly, not that big a deal, and I can change that on payday of it really annoys me enough.

Look this really isn't going to work out if you're not comfortable taking free stuff from geese.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

what is your ign i will send you a golden egg starter pack to purchase whatever ship and mods you need, i advise a vexor and getting the "Drone" skill to 5 (not "Small Drone Operation" or "Medium Drone Upgrade", but scroll all the way down to "Drone" three from the bottom on the drones tab)

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

yeah I'm not really interested in playing with anyone that expects to earn their living by picking themselves up by their own bootstraps

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as an adherent of fully automated luxury gay space cannabis and cornbread communism all i'm saying is HONK

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

as an adherent of fully automated luxury gay space cannabis and cornbread communism all i'm saying is HONK

:honk:

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."

Khris Kruel posted:

yeah I'm not really interested in playing with anyone that expects to earn their living by picking themselves up by their own bootstraps

We picked up the bootstraps so you dont have to!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Touchdown Boy posted:

We picked up the bootstraps so you dont have to!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dunking on the actual fashboys made me want to install this game but I really hated the phone UI from a few months ago, do you guys play using your phones or an emulator?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I play mostly on an emulator or my iPad. I hardly play on my phone anymore.

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

darthzeta88 posted:

I think both sides should leave out actual politics and racism from games. Both sides are at fault.

Wait. Why does that line of reasoning seem so familiar?

https://youtu.be/j9AYhdKTe1w

Oh. Right.

Mistaken Identity fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 29, 2020

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

When you think about it, the racists and the anti-racists are both equally bad. lol

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
rlly makes u think

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sorry to folks here to jump into the thread like this but I literally cannot resist. I guess I'll ask a question to make this post at least a little worthwhile:

Can you play eve without spending money on it? Is it, feasible to do so? I've always been curious about it but I remember someone saying that you needed money or a subscription to play, and i bailed on it. :(

edit: took it to dms

edit edit: holy poo poo this game looks amazing :five:

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 29, 2020

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

alexandriao posted:

Sorry to folks here to jump into the thread like this but I literally cannot resist. I guess I'll ask a question to make this post at least a little worthwhile:

Can you play eve without spending money on it? Is it, feasible to do so? I've always been curious about it but I remember someone saying that you needed money or a subscription to play, and i bailed on it. :(

the game is bad

all eve is bad.

The tears though... :discourse:

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

alexandriao posted:

A lot of people playing this game are partially using as a vehicle for fun pet projects (shitposting/propaganda/programming/etc), a core component is semi-afk play while working or watching videos for a lot, and then we do strategic ops for harvesting the shithead tears on weekends and some pvp roams nightly. The game itself is fairly thin visually and somewhat dense mechanically not exactly high octane gaming, but its good and fun for busy people who want to play a largely social mmo and for people who hunger for the wish fulfillment of killin' racists online and chaos dunking on them publically.

bird. fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Nov 29, 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

darthzeta88 posted:

I do not even know what to classify myself as, something like a national anarchist I guess.

Lmao you openly classified yourself as a supporter of white supremacy

I'm certain you came to the right neighborhood

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Game is pretty bad in all seriousness - HONK is what makes it fun.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I believe this is where I now post in this thread and say :honk:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Khris Kruel fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 29, 2020

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

bird. posted:

A lot of people playing this game are partially using as a vehicle for fun pet projects (shitposting/propaganda/programming/etc), a core component is semi-afk play while working or watching videos for a lot, and then we do strategic ops for harvesting the shithead tears on weekends and some pvp roams nightly. The game itself is fairly thin visually and somewhat dense mechanically not exactly high octane gaming, but its good and fun for busy people who want to play a largely social mmo and for people who hunger for the wish fulfillment of killin' racists online and chaos dunking on them publically.

And for some of us, the core gameplay actually does fulfill a weird niche found nowhere else in gaming. No other game has ever given me adrenaline shakes like Eve, and echoes can still do that.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
It looks like a semi idle game which is exactly what I need because i made a hosed up decision 10 years ago and work in health care now

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

the best part is you can see wiki slayer also messaging them the password lol

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

please knock Mom! posted:

It looks like a semi idle game which is exactly what I need because i made a hosed up decision 10 years ago and work in health care now

games loving awesome because its all just posting and hanging out with chill ppl who make space racists fuming mad by poo poo posting

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Which mod's patreon do I have to donate to to get this as an alt gang tag?

Because boy-oh-boy do I want that.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

its so good

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

k-spar posted:

And for some of us, the core gameplay actually does fulfill a weird niche found nowhere else in gaming. No other game has ever given me adrenaline shakes like Eve, and echoes can still do that.

I still shake everytime I'm in pvp

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Yeah there’s a real electricity in pvp here with the stakes and the pace of planning that’s involved. Like with the billion ISK cyclone we caught ratting in our pocket, that’s a significant loss of money and time for that dude. We tricked him into warping back into the anom then chased him down over 600km since his MWD was exactly as fast as my phantasm AB. The cat and mouse stuff and the psychology of hunting other players is way more of a rush (when it does happen) than clicking heads in overwatch or whatever kids play these days.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Which mod's patreon do I have to donate to to get this as an alt gang tag?

Because boy-oh-boy do I want that.

the main issue is vertical size, at the absolute max vertical size anyone is going to let you have is probably 50px (the ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS tag is 64px and is too big, tbh). if someone buys it as an avatar then it's on the server and can be handed out to handful of folks for free (or they can buy it with the file on the SA server in the title box with [img] tags (if you gently caress it up when you try to buy it you can just ask me to fix it). i can also fix whoever buys it's avatar if they keep the image location on the server because it will stay but I can only apply images that are on the SA server.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

the main issue is vertical size, at the absolute max vertical size anyone is going to let you have is probably 50px (the ONLY TRUST YOUR FISTS tag is 64px and is too big, tbh). if someone buys it as an avatar then it's on the server and can be handed out to handful of folks for free (or they can buy it with the file on the SA server in the title box with [img] tags (if you gently caress it up when you try to buy it you can just ask me to fix it). i can also fix whoever buys it's avatar if they keep the image location on the server because it will stay but I can only apply images that are on the SA server.

So what you're telling me is if I resize it to 64px and buy you it as an avatar, I can wear it? :staredog:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

So what you're telling me is if I resize it to 64px and buy you it as an avatar, I can wear it? :staredog:

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

I don't know, that size looks pretty good to me.

It'd look better under the tek9s tag I have though.