Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favourite hosed up lil' guy in games?
This poll is closed.
Waluigi 36 29.27%
Waddle Dee 34 27.64%
Gollum 7 5.69%
Sonic 13 10.57%
freaky cartwheeling grey-skinned frog men from elden ring 28 22.76%
vectorman worm things that sometimes explode 5 4.07%
Total: 123 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Jay Rust posted:

I dont want to see minsc again

The best bg2 character when you're 11. The worst when you're an adult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Jay Rust posted:

I dont want to see minsc again

Same. gently caress that guy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
will jizz't be playable in this one or just another console command easter egg summon?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

minsc was funny and cool once, but seeing him basically become the face of D&D, has gotten pretty annoying.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Fooled around in the early access as a Sorc. Very good dialogue options for dunking on everyone who wasn't just born magical. Lol, tryhards and their books or demon pacts or whatever.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Something reminded me today, "Huh, there was supposed to be a remake of Fear Effect coming 'sooner than you think'. What happened to that?"

(The devs probably went "wait, cover shooters aren't a thing any more?")

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ReptileGames/status/1674074653541781504?s=20

God, it's so close.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
maybe I'm being too optimistic but I could see Larian doing something fun and clever with Minsc. if he's just there to say his catchphrases again then yeah that'll suck

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

was it BG3 that had the scene where you just get eaten by mind flayers if your Int is high

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I'm Minsc and this is my favorite store in Waterdeep.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
he sounds a lot older and sadder, way more pathos and less teehee space hamster, if only because he's all depressed having to tragically defeat Boo who got the haunta virus years ago, Minsc never really got over it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i think the only way you can get away with minsc is to make him an older and more world weary metatextual figure who signposts how long it's been since BG2 and how much things have changed from those days

you don't gotta make the dude depressing or anything, but just having Minsc But 3D would turn the character into the equivalent of a dopefish cameo in an id game

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

cameos are cute and good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

VostokProgram posted:

cameos are cute and good

Sometimes

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Vermain posted:

i think the only way you can get away with minsc is to make him an older and more world weary metatextual figure who signposts how long it's been since BG2 and how much things have changed from those days

you don't gotta make the dude depressing or anything, but just having Minsc But 3D would turn the character into the equivalent of a dopefish cameo in an id game

But Dopefish rules.

Swim, swim, hungry

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

cameos are cute and good
they better be. i paid $75 for david hayter to read it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

I said come in! posted:

minsc was funny and cool once, but seeing him basically become the face of D&D, has gotten pretty annoying.
that's not his fault though, blame hasbro/wotc!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Everybody knows it's really D:OS3 but I don't care because I Believe in Larian.

This. I don't care about BG but Larian rules so much that I know I'll have a great time with it.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Larian bragging about how many words there are in BG3 reminds me of being a child, looking at PS1 games in the store and trying to find the game with the most discs, reasoning that it was the largest game and therefore the one that would provide the most game for the money.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope you enjoyed the PS1 version of Riven

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWCW-CkPzg

New game from Keita Takahashi revealed by Annapurna.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i did not care for wattam as much as i hoped to so, i hope this ones a bit better

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Has he ever made a second good game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

noby noby boy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wattams pretty good, on the whole, it just does not compare favorably to noby noby boy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Why does Pikmin 4 have so much talking shut up and let me play the game

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Feel like Katamari was the most "game" like game and it was all down(up?)hill into fun little experiments from there

Unethical neurological experiments to feed a wire directly into the part of your brain that makes you feel whimsically charmed

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Waffleman_ posted:

It’s a spiritual Sequel to Pikmin 2 after all

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I haven't played one of these bitches since 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTR1ny0O_io

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Post 1997 nintendo in a nutshell! !!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Pikmin 1 still has the best atmosphere and the stricter time limit kicks rear end, I love the rest but the first one is my favorite to came back to. It's very quick to start and they give you all pikmin types almost immediately, if only the pikmin pathfinding was better

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

Pikmin 1 still has the best atmosphere and the stricter time limit kicks rear end, I love the rest but the first one is my favorite to came back to. It's very quick to start and they give you all pikmin types almost immediately, if only the pikmin pathfinding was better

Definitely the tightest one and still where I would recommend people start with the series

Nothing too much wrong w 2 or 3 though I do not appreciate the loss of the move where you move your pikmin swarm around with the C-Stick in 3

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Pikmin 2 was cool in how it's kind of in dialogue with Pikmin 1, pushing the mechanics to certain extremes and daring the player to keep up. it's like they were trying to find every way possible to scare the player besides using the time limit from the first game

idk if 3 or 4 ever set out to pressure players in the same way outside of like, 3's final boss. i love that crazy fucker

https://twitter.com/Huitzell/status/1673155674568810496

not gonna beat around the bush I think it's fun when games are nasty and/or bad

Ramie fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 29, 2023

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

paramount decree for video games. end first party studios

The paramount decree... So toothless now that the studios all own their own streaming platforms

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Just wanted to reply to that post to bookmark where I am ten pages behind because I spent the past two days reading that Antimemetics Division book instead of the thread... Reading books better than threads?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just wanted to reply to that post to bookmark where I am ten pages behind because I spent the past two days reading that Antimemetics Division book instead of the thread... Reading books better than threads?

Yes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Ramie posted:

not gonna beat around the bush I think it's fun when games are nasty and/or bad

Yeah pikmin 1 and 2 conveyed the idea that nature is kinda cruel. Getting my entire teamed flattened by the Empress Bulborb was a very powerful lesson to young me

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Chev posted:

Yes, you can, but being able to play the bad guys is common in fighting games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DCy9eocBBg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
ludwig and cdawgva are auctioning things for make a wish. connor is dressed in a maid outfit. someone has bid 10,000 dollars on ludwig's vespa with the intent to blow it up
https://twitch.tv/cdawgva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Understood