Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Last night I saw a guy with a 39% win rate in the Centurion AX over 800 battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I thought the UDES was pretty meh. Then I got the upgraded gun.

This was my first game with it, and probably in my top 5 most stressful endings to a match due to my own stupidity:

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDKuYxM3rY

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/3821075

Very rarely do my hands shake after a match. This was one of those times. The thought of loving up a game that was good this good lead me to make some poor ammo decisions. But it still wound up great in the end.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Mesadoram posted:

This was my first game with it, and probably in my top 5 most stressful endings to a match due to my own stupidity:

-Ace Tanker stuff-

Nice. It's amazing what difference a not-poo poo gun can make to a vehicle; I got an Ace Tanker with the IS-3 immediately after mounting the BL-9, enabling me to just mindlessly poo poo all over everything I saw (being top tier for once helped) whereas previously to that I'd just watch all my shots do everything in their power to either miss, bounce or "crit" an enemy ("crit" meaning "do nothing at all other than be absorbed").

Also, gently caress the 110.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Please tell me you didn't grind the UDES with the stock gun.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Please tell me you didn't grind the UDES with the stock gun.

I did.

Mainly because I am so poor I am losing money typing this reply to you. Otherwise I would have blew all my gold on getting that gun and tracks.

I am not proud of it, but I did manage to get a good w/l ratio considering I was grinding with that super loving god drat awful gun.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Nice. It's amazing what difference a not-poo poo gun can make to a vehicle; I got an Ace Tanker with the IS-3 immediately after mounting the BL-9, enabling me to just mindlessly poo poo all over everything I saw (being top tier for once helped) whereas previously to that I'd just watch all my shots do everything in their power to either miss, bounce or "crit" an enemy ("crit" meaning "do nothing at all other than be absorbed").

Also, gently caress the 110.

The IS-3 is such an amazing tank when fully upgraded. Its ability to bully everything is such an amazing feeling.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You didn't need the tracks to mount the gun. :ssh:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'm going to play for the first time in about a year. I'll probably realize why I quit and stop shortly after.

That is all.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yesterday was fun very good game in my Chinese tanks, almost always good damage, but never #1 in xp, always 2 or 3 somehow, then I get a 1.3k damage 3.6k spotting game in my wz-111 1-4 to finish the stupid Leading By Example.
This game can be weird as gently caress.

When is NA finally getting that sweet premium TD?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
7v7 tournament with mediocre prize support on NA:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000674/

Tier 8s, encounter maps, 10 minute games. 128 teams TOTAL allowed (70 already confirmed) and the prizes are exceptionally weak. The listed prizes are divided amongst the team of 7, so if you get top 64 you get ~1000 gold each, which is alright but there's three group stages of between 8 to 10 teams each, so you're looking at about two hours per night, shooting gold ammo in tier 8 tanks. Also, it is irresponsible to bring a non-premium tier 8 other than the 50100 or possibly an artillery if you know exactly what you're doing.

I cannot be bothered to put in that much effort. Yeah getting to the playoffs (top 16) gets you ~3500 gold which isn't really worth the effort of the group stages, top 8 ~7k, top 4 ~10k, and the first and second place prizes would be real swell, but that's a lot of effort to put in and losing in the top 16 would be a huge downer. However if y'all can manage to put together 7 players who will all show up from Monday, Sept 25th to Wednesday October 4th, then you might want to cobble a team together - denying pubbies gold is a mitzvah and hell maybe you can scrape by against enough baddies and technicals to get a reasonably high placement.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Next season looks like the same poo poo show again too, except for maybe reaching rank 5 in the first stage for 1k bonds, which is what, 60ish games?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

You didn't need the tracks to mount the gun. :ssh:

I am just going to pretend I didn't read this.

I am at work and I cannot scream.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I think the Conqueror might have my favourite gun so far.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

I wish the alpha were higher, but it is sexy. Great pen and accuracy. Can actually hit lower plates from a distance.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The Conq is with out a doubt one of the best tanks in the game.

The gun is the cherry on top.

Edit: They are buffing it? Lolololololololo

Edit 2: Wait, they are loving the gun? Why...

Edit 3: And the mobility. gently caress you WG. The Conq is based around it's gun, not it's armor.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Sep 14, 2017

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/920-1-vehicle-rebalances/
The devs think the UK heavies are "well-armored multipurpose heavy tank"s, but the 215b is "paper". Like.... it has the most effective armour of any of the line? The armour is almost useless on all the rest of the tanks? How do the people balancing this poo poo not know that? :suicide:

Buffs for the Type 59 though, and T10 lights are getting some buffs and more ammo :toot:

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 14, 2017

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mesadoram posted:

I did.

Mainly because I am so poor I am losing money typing this reply to you. Otherwise I would have blew all my gold on getting that gun and tracks.

I am not proud of it, but I did manage to get a good w/l ratio considering I was grinding with that super loving god drat awful gun.

The IS-3 is such an amazing tank when fully upgraded. Its ability to bully everything is such an amazing feeling.

*drives into a defender* *dies*

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Also theres a micropatch tomorrow that increases the chance of grand battles. This is what they're doing to try and manage the tier 8 mm problem.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

serious gaylord posted:

*drives into a defender* *dies*

Well now, the defender is a special Special tank...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So with the T-34-3 getting buffed armor with it get HD as well?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Yeah, other than the turrets i don't think anyone considers the British heavies anything even close to well armored.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Can you buy premium with gold? For some reason I remember being able to do that. I logged on last night and I still have about 3.5k gold and don't know what to use it on.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Can you buy premium with gold? For some reason I remember being able to do that. I logged on last night and I still have about 3.5k gold and don't know what to use it on.
Yes just go to the tech tree you'll see the prices listed. Some premiums are only available 'on sale' and I don't think they ever appear in the tech trees.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

:rolleyes: He's talking about a premium account.

There's a button in the top left of the garage. You can get 30 days for 2,500 gold.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

McGavin posted:

:rolleyes: He's talking about a premium account.

There's a button in the top left of the garage. You can get 30 days for 2,500 gold.

Excellent, I'll check it out. Is there a general Goon chat anymore?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Excellent, I'll check it out. Is there a general Goon chat anymore?

We use Discord for voice chat.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Before we begin, I've been grinding the Conq, and holy gently caress is that ammo rack made of tinder?!? I had to drop vents for a WAR, and I already had Safe Stowage! I mean I've never been 'sploded due to it but it gets damaged EVERY loving BATTLE! :wtc: Moving on....

How about an image dump post?

Have you ever thought to yourself, "is it possible to drive the vehicles with some of the biggest guns in the game and be completely worthless?" Well these three have the answer: "Yes!"

Here's a recent "complaint":

This team did not want to win. Me and the E4 had different plans:

Here's a battle where I couldn't carry hard enough:

The IS-3 is a 45%er and was trying to give me lessons on how to play (which I guess is why he was distracted and couldn't do any damage. :shrug:) The T29 began the battle by saying "I hope our tier 9s are better this battle, I outdamaged all of my 9s in the last battle." I :rolleyes: and said, "I find that hard to believe...." It turns out my prediction was accurate, unfortunately.

I ran into this:

That's a legit, sample-size-sufficient 39%er. With 12 WN8. :stare: I don't care if the owner's birth year is 1935; that's a loving bot.

This is an Encounter win on Steppes IIRC:

I had to drag the poo poo-eating pubbies kicking & screaming to a win. I had to dive onto the cap circle in the East to reset because they were taking their sweet time dicking around in the West. My sacrifice was not in vain, thankfully; the only reason we won was because of the resets I got.

I get a lot of these losses in arty, the GWTP in particular:

Considering the fact that they nerfed arty damage (and that thing has a 40-second reload) there's really no excuse for results like that. And on that subject:

Here's another! :suicide: This was an El Halluf Encounter battle. The T30 (and about 1/3 of the team) dicked around in the East, died uselessly (only a couple things were shooting him as the rest of their team was steamrolling in the far West,) then complained about the team, and how he was "guarding that side." He didn't even fire his loving gun once! :fuckoff:

I don't know what this dude did to "Chilsau" but he apparently got what was coming to him, and he's not even a bad player:

The "Battle Hits" mod is loving awesome; it's the thing that shows you where you got shot, and where your shots hit, after battle in the garage. I apparently threaded this shot (from the Conq) just barely around the SP's reinforced turret armor (which wasn't even anywhere near where I was aiming, but :shrug:):

My 11,000th victory was the first one played at 4k:

:toot:

(We barely won that one, we had to cap it out at the end because the M55 had plenty of time to skirt off somewhere.)

Finally, we have this shitter, who drove his E25 around and "made the enemy chase him" instead of, you know, shooting his gun. His loving rapid-fire machine-cannon.

Yes, this was apparently an actual human at the controls of this bot-stats account. :stare:

Yupppp.... :suicide:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I have 14k victories and I never got that achievement.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

I have 14k victories and I never got that achievement.

14k victories, or total battles? That being said, I have no idea when they originally implemented those "milestone" notifications, but it's entirely possible to overlook them entirely (they pop up in the midst of all the "mission complete" windows) and also maybe they can be missed if you earn one but the client crashes, or the battle is still running after you die and you just close the client.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had originally typed up the following content last night, but SA went down before I could post it, so, uh, here you go:

Hellsau posted:

Getting a sub-40% winrate in the Hellcat and Stug with over 200 games is a pretty impressive achievement.

Nah, that's just an obvious bot. Like, there's no way you get 38 WN8 over >4k battles by actually playing. That account has average damage & XP that would be mediocre at tier 1; he's clearly botting and/or quixperiencing. The other day I ran into a guy who also was an obvious, albeit non-obligate botter, because he was in a battle where he basically "played" by driving his E25 around and making the enemy "chase" him without firing a shot himself. You know, in his rapid-fire TD. I'll have to remember to post screenshots.

McGavin posted:

Last night I saw a guy with a 39% win rate in the Centurion AX over 800 battles.

Why would you bot that, of all tanks? :psyduck:

I'm going to play for the first time in about a year. I'll probably realize why I quit and stop shortly after.

That is all.

They always come back. :getin:

Tahirovic posted:

Yesterday was fun very good game in my Chinese tanks, almost always good damage, but never #1 in xp, always 2 or 3 somehow, then I get a 1.3k damage 3.6k spotting game in my wz-111 1-4 to finish the stupid Leading By Example.
This game can be weird as gently caress.

When is NA finally getting that sweet premium TD?

I'm guessing they'll offer it at the beginning of October, when the STG sale ends. :shrug:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Atomizer posted:

14k victories, or total battles? That being said, I have no idea when they originally implemented those "milestone" notifications, but it's entirely possible to overlook them entirely (they pop up in the midst of all the "mission complete" windows) and also maybe they can be missed if you earn one but the client crashes, or the battle is still running after you die and you just close the client.

I've been playing this game for a while, it's why I have an SGLE tag. https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1000168891-Tyrlol/
These days I am playing hard mode, no mods, only platoons for one match (click some random people who might profit your missions during the countdown).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tahirovic posted:

I've been playing this game for a while, it's why I have an SGLE tag. https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1000168891-Tyrlol/
These days I am playing hard mode, no mods, only platoons for one match (click some random people who might profit your missions during the countdown).

https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1000107943-Mesadoram/

Us beta players are a rare sight nowadays.

On a side note: I really want a new French heavy line or the ST-II to replace the IS-4.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Tahirovic posted:

I was in SGLE once upon a time. But I changed my username (used to be PBR4Life) and when I did all my old clan history was lost by wargaming (https://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1000655646-CompeAnansi/). It's funny, you can usually tell the people playing at release because they have way too many games played in the Lowe (or the Clownshoe).

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Great news everyone!

Wargaming has fixed all the balance issues with their game so they had plenty of time to add the feature that everyone's been begging for:

:toot::siren:Added new sounds to Personal Missions::siren::toot:

1.Added a special sound track for the Personal Missions
2. Added interactive sounds: the more missions within a set are complete, the more intensive music is played

:wtc::ughh:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Sometimes I take my Beta Sherman for a spin and almost no one has any idea what it is or where it came from.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Sometimes I take my Beta Sherman for a spin and almost no one has any idea what it is or where it came from.

I never got one, I was about 20 battles short.

I know I am not missing much, but it still breaks my heart a little...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Yeah, I think I was at 800 battles when they mentioned the deadline for it so I spent the whole night after work just joining games and then esc back to garage to get 200 games in.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Looks like the 183 might become the next target for retirement, with a Tortoise-looking type td replacing. It might be interesting if the t10 Tortoise also increased the 4k+ DPM the t9 Tortoise has.

Mesadoram posted:

On a side note: I really want a new French heavy line or the ST-II to replace the IS-4.

Looks like you might get a new French heavy line.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Artillery is poo poo for cunts.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I hope we get a new tier X for the Object 430 that is like the tier 9 but better. I am not doing well with the tier 10.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears: They look great :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Tahirovic posted:

Ah ok, I've seen your name before. You might as well platoon with goons though, as it's pretty much the only thing that makes this game playable. (Although to be honest I think I have better matches solo than platooned. :iiam:)

I'm just going to guess that you passed the 11k wins (and other milestones) point before they implemented those notifications.

Strike Anywhere posted:

Looks like the 183 might become the next target for retirement, with a Tortoise-looking type td replacing. It might be interesting if the t10 Tortoise also increased the 4k+ DPM the t9 Tortoise has.

Looks like you might get a new French heavy line.

Uh, I thought the 183 was the "real" vehicle and the 215b was the Wargaming creation? :confused: