Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Landsknecht posted:

i have never once ran a spacebank

My b it was the Ordo GArr superfund, it owned tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kmillion posted:

Well that went about as well as could be expected lol

just apply to karmafleet, odds are they will take you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Landsknecht posted:

i have never once ran a spacebank

investment scams on the other hand.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

orange juche posted:

My b it was the Ordo GArr superfund, it owned tbh

didn't want the door to hit me on the way out

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
why do people try to join goonwaffe when they clearly dont meet the requirements and karma fleet is around? Having been in EJB, I have found as long as you're in the swarm it's literally the same, no?

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 1, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Holyshoot posted:

why do people try to join goonwaffe when they clearly dont meet the requirements and karma fleet is around? Having been in EJB, I have found as long as you're in the swarm it's literally the same, no?

It's not literally the same, but it's close enough. Goonwaffe proper has no activity requirements and basically no corp programs/benefits, where karmafleet has almost no activity req (3 fleets per 3 months or something) and they have better corp programs/reimbursement. Other member corps have varying degrees of requirements/benefit.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Holyshoot posted:

"BUT I WANNA BE IN GOONWAFFE AND BE WITH ALL THE GOONY GOONS GOONY GOONY GOONS"

this is pubbies rationale for trying to join goonwaffe.

Goonwaffe is pretty much a parking corp for your dead alts if you meet the requirements to join. Most cool poo poo will be done/provided by people in other corps within goonswarm.

EVE is free and I still can't get up the motivation to log in.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I think plenty of people want to join goons then find out about karmafleet through here. There are still tons of people who are completely oblivious to the existance of KarmaFleet and Pandemic Horde.

Those also happen to be the type of people who have no idea that Burn Jita is happening as they're about to jump in with a fully loaded JF. Praise Miniluv in all its glory.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

orange juche posted:

Hasnt happened yet so :toot:

I don't leave anything on the seats though and I don't park on the street.

If you don't park on the street, you should be good. I'd be more worried about idiots not paying attention and dinging your car, either in traffic or in parking lots.

I have a 1999 model (10th anniversary edition) mostly for track days and it's a fun little car for sure.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

the best car that has ever existed

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!
I keep trying to join KF so I can finally get paid to FC and have extra reimbursement and other benefits. When you're a try-hard like me the "no participation requirements" thing doesn't work. But KF keeps rejecting me. Merki-chan looked at the numbers and realized he would have had to pay me 36b last year if I had been in KF. So I'm stuck in stupid goonwaffe not getting money.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I've lost 50b this year so far. How much would goons pay me? edit: I dislike Anime, if that helps.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 09:00 on May 2, 2017

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

vulvamancer posted:

I keep trying to join KF so I can finally get paid to FC and have extra reimbursement and other benefits. When you're a try-hard like me the "no participation requirements" thing doesn't work. But KF keeps rejecting me. Merki-chan looked at the numbers and realized he would have had to pay me 36b last year if I had been in KF. So I'm stuck in stupid goonwaffe not getting money.

Maybe if you did a podcast once in a while you might get money.

April Fool
Apr 1, 2016

FranktheBank posted:

I've lost 50b this year so far. How much would goons pay me? edit: I dislike Anime, if that helps.

Up to one billion a month for peacetime losses. After that you only get srp for logi or strat ops. Thats just alliance srp, membercorps/squads maybe have additional srp.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FranktheBank posted:

Far less than KF or really any other corp in goonswarm.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
what is considered the best corp in goonswarm? shadowstate?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Which one has the Chinese gold farmers in it?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

the best corp in GSF is GBS Logistics and Fives Support [MY 5S]

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Well its full of Gold farmers, but how many Chinese?

yogizh
Oct 12, 2015
Dumb Helicopter Joke Enthusiast

nex posted:

what is considered the best corp in goonswarm? shadowstate?

MAGEL

Edit: Look up their SSTATs paplink requirement. :drat:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

vulvamancer posted:

If 'waffe had an Asher tax or something and we bought you a super every year I could get behind that.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

vulvamancer posted:

Oodles posted:

Maybe if you did a podcast once in a while you might get money.

:colbert:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Being in KF is okay. I wouldn't leave it for waffe, unless I was about to get kicked for going AFK for months.

It does come with trade-offs, though. Xenuria, mostly.

Wookybear
Dec 14, 2016

How does this work?

Baculus posted:

Being in KF is okay. I wouldn't leave it for waffe, unless I was about to get kicked for going AFK for months.

He interacts with hostiles much more than he does with us so it works out ok.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I meant more the everlasting tarnish and irreparable damage to our reputation for having played host, but that would imply that I care about personal reputation and e-bushido in a spaceship game.

I do not.

e: He clarifies as he scams his way to babby's first super.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

vulvamancer posted:

blind app saying you're a cyno alt then use retvet to change corps izi pizi

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Baculus posted:

Is the KF jabber any more bearable than it was last year?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Baculus posted:

Whatever karmafleet gives you is not worth that.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vulvamancer posted:

You wouldn't be the first goon that corp jumped for better benefits. I know Pookie didn't start in Amok. but went there later on because they double reimbursed. When waffe started doing it too it was pretty nice, it meant I could drag my alts around with me on deployments instead of having one prepped to JC back to dek and afk rat in an ishtar in a while to make up reimbursement dividends for peacetime shenanigans.

Baculus posted:

I wish someone would just chuck him out already. I know a few active goons who just said "This game isn't for me anymore I guess" when he was invited in. Mo' hit the nail on the head when he said covering yourself in poo poo while yelling "Made you smell me!" isn't quite the sick own people thought it would be.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 3, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the best part about xenuria being in GSF is the message it sends to people that got kicked out

eve's pariah is more desirable than you

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
:chloe:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the best part about xenuria being in GSF is the message it sends to people that got kicked out

nah eve's pariah is searinthebreach or whatever the gently caress that irish fucker spells it

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Who? And why?

Never heard of them.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

orange juche posted:

So there's an eve online chat room on my work's jabber network, I am debating popping in there and asking how many people are salty about goons.

tell them to join hole squad

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ugh I'm getting the urge to log in and sort out my overview. Might have to drag hole squad on a suicide roam if I do.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

You wouldn't be the first goon that corp jumped for better benefits. I know Pookie didn't start in Amok. but went there later on because they double reimbursed. When waffe started doing it too it was pretty nice, it meant I could drag my alts around with me on deployments instead of having one prepped to JC back to dek and afk rat in an ishtar in a while to make up reimbursement dividends for peacetime shenanigans.

I wish someone would just chuck him out already. I know a few active goons who just said "This game isn't for me anymore I guess" when he was invited in. Mo' hit the nail on the head when he said covering yourself in poo poo while yelling "Made you smell me!" isn't quite the sick own people thought it would be.

I joined amok because ish got me unblacklisted not for benefits, I've filed for amok reimbursement less than five times probably.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

amok has been a pretty effective tax shelter for some time now

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

gief ratting taxes

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Reverand maynard posted:

nah eve's pariah is searinthebreach or whatever the gently caress that irish fucker spells it

Searbhreathach. I think he managed to find his way into Goku at some point and dick about whining at us.

Regarding buddhistpee being in the Imperium at all, the bright side of his presence is we have a very easy goal for newbee assimilation - if you can fit in better than that guy, you're probably going to be just fine. It's a low bar, and there are some people who just can't meet it. Ravana or stunt, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Rhymenoserous posted:

covering yourself in poo poo while yelling "Made you smell me!" isn't quite the sick own people thought it would be.

• Locked thread