Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Is this how far gone backers are now? I just read this article. Besides the words "From the outside, Star Citizen basically just looks like a ponzi scheme.", and "fans wonder why some people think this is a scam" Nothing about this is factually wrong or even that negative. It tells you to check out r/starcitizen if you want more, it explain what exists currently, it doesn't mention the unbelievable amount of bugs. CIG hasn't put out a solid release date. Hell it's even being favorable to CIG with this rewrite of history.

quote:

Having initially started as a stretch goal for Star Citizen’s funding campaign, Squadron 42 is a standalone single-player campaign designed to feed into the Star Citizen universe while rewarding players with in-game Star Citizen bonuses.

Love that the original pitch is now the stretch goal.

Drunk Theory fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sabreseven posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/377070/they-just-closed-miggs-katy-perry-thread-on-spectrum/p3

This thread made me laugh, until it felt the rage of Maul218, and Dave Huxley ate a probation.

lol, that star wars reject is still doing awful moderation there - quelle surprise.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point the SC trades subreddit is at best a place where people are dumping ships at below the price they paid. There is still some demand, but people are getting $0.70 on the dollar. Compare that to a few years ago when you could sell some ships for hundreds more than they cost from RSI.
Someone figure how much those big spaceship dealers have lost by now. I know there have to be some with hundreds of ships they were looking to flip for profit.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

thatguy posted:

Someone figure how much those big spaceship dealers have lost by now. I know there have to be some with hundreds of ships they were looking to flip for profit.

There are definitely sellers with thousands of dollars worth of "inventory" that have been sitting idle for months. I haven't really paid attention much but the newest activity is for people buying/selling RSI credit at 70%. A year ago I was able to sell most of my stuff at cost, and stuff I sold two years ago went for $100+ over the original price.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Its pure profit to streamers etc whether they sell it for over MSRP or .70 on the dollar.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Humble Intergalactic Bundle this week. Let's see how these released games stand againt the dream.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
hey thread i made you something

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Fatkraken posted:

:eyepop: Well that's just bloody good :)

:negative:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fatkraken posted:

Do one of :reddit:, you know we'll need it one of these days

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At this point the SC trades subreddit is at best a place where people are dumping ships at below the price they paid. There is still some demand, but people are getting $0.70 on the dollar. Compare that to a few years ago when you could sell some ships for hundreds more than they cost from RSI.

Don't forget the rumor that there are employees and friends of CIG that are buying ships with absurd discounts to flip them on the grey market. If this is true, then CIG is double dicking their own customers by 1, overinflating their own funding numbers and 2, flooding the secondary market with cheap ships.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

It's the perfect time to buy a completionist package. When there is absolutely nothing good on the horizon.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

hot balls man no homo posted:

It's the perfect time to buy a completionist package. When there is absolutely nothing good on the horizon.

Speak for yourself, buddy. I'm pretty hyped for the rumors of a potential plan to publish the tentative schedule for Star Citizen version 3.0.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It does pretty much scream "money laundering" when you look at it. Why else would they need 17 corporations?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

hot balls man no homo posted:

Don't forget the rumor that there are employees and friends of CIG that are buying ships with absurd discounts to flip them on the grey market. If this is true, then CIG is double dicking their own customers by 1, overinflating their own funding numbers and 2, flooding the secondary market with cheap ships.

Even better if the whole thing is a giant front. Send CIG money, buy ships via secondary sales, and the difference goes to maintaining the illusion that the game is being made.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

I love all the speculation, but I will miss Derek coming in all :smug: like "guys, this is the tip of the iceberg" and "wait til my blog hits live" and "100% guaranteed hot space court action" and

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/656s1c/who_are_these_awesome_people_buying_completionist/

gonn valor stolen

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

Fryad just isn't feeling it for this thread anymore either

End times

Cat collar doxx, :rip:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

JugbandDude posted:

I love all the speculation, but I will miss Derek coming in all :smug: like "guys, this is the tip of the iceberg" and "wait til my blog hits live" and "100% guaranteed hot space court action" and

:bravo::five::five::bravo::downs::f5::f5:

Wait sorry no Derek Smart is a bad poster

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Ten thousand posts pass again, and I implore, give me the answer! Is the game out yet?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Paladinus posted:

Ten thousand posts pass again, and I implore, give me the answer! Is the game out yet?

Yes it is here

in all of our hearts

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Paladinus posted:

Yes and it's wonderful. The new ascension perks, government civics and traditions add a whole new layer of customization to your space race. I can see myself playing another 300 hours easily, except work and family won't allow that.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Paladinus posted:

the real star citizen was the friends we made along the way

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I've just spent hours in the first room! The texturing, the advanced lighting effects, looking at my own facial animations in the mirror, so many things!
I think may never leave the wankpod.
11/10

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Kosumo posted:

It's unlikely that CIG could even manage to make it complete pants, It will be more like 1/2 pants, 1/3rd skirt and 1/12th singlet - that's right, at best they will get to 96% mangled bit of clothing cloth.

:golfclap:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AlbieQuirky posted:

the real star citizen was the friends we made along the way

That's beautiful friend, brought a tear to my eye

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JugbandDude posted:

Or even from Master of Orion, but I'm sure that's based on something else.

Bottom line is, most sci-fi tropes are derivative and not very interesting.

I would say it goes farther back than that to the Yehat from Star Control.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Samizdata posted:

Or Torik from Shadowfire.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Please remove my tinder profile pic from your post

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Here goonie goonie. Big wif goonieboy GentlyCaressOffTM
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/656s1c/who_are_these_awesome_people_buying_completionist/

mission successfur some dude broke himself.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its like a million posters suddenly cried out and were archived...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hav posted:

Or Torik from Shadowfire.

Sorry, man, but Prince Vultan was just Brian Blessed if he had wings and a big stick to hit people with. I used to have a 64 and I had never heard of Shadowfire.

Man, it has been so long since last I snyped, I almost forgot the fee...

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Apr 13, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samizdata posted:

Well, yeah, but Star Control was extremely aware of how dumb it was and therefore Shofixti.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Raskolnikov posted:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Its like a million posters suddenly t-posed and were archived...

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

trucutru posted:

Well, yeah, but Star Control was extremely aware of how dumb it was and therefore Shofixti.

But the Shofixti were raccoons that learned from the Yehat.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

A great disturbance in the farce

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Stats just in:

On Steam in Elite 8,700 players
No Man's Sky 800 players
Spectrum 241 lol

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Jobbo_Fett posted:

This better be the title by the end of the day or I will be very upset.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
More stats just in:

Across all live Twitch channels, combined viewers: 128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Breaking - even more stats: star citizen is doo doo