Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Feenix posted:

Oh man. I want that so bad.

Do you want it $200 bad, because that's the average price on ebay right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Gotta say, I don't get the Brickheadz thing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They are pretty terrible, but not gonna lie I like that one.

Also gently caress Lego Comic con exclusives.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Habibi posted:

Gotta say, I don't get the Brickheadz thing.

Trying to get a piece of that Funko Pop pie

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
As a (Lego) parent with a Lego kid, I like fun room/shelf decor. Exactly 3 Brickheadz appeal to me.
Batman, Robin (Robin is in my daughter's room.) and now this Boba. But gently caress 200 bucks. Gatdamn.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

xzzy posted:

Do you want it $200 bad, because that's the average price on ebay right now.

Is that $200 for a signed one? I know some people were carrying around autographed ones, not sure by who.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I've got Batman and Joker sitting on my desk at work. None of the rest of the first generation appeal to me, but I have to say they look better in real life than they do in pictures.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

MaliciousOnion posted:

I've got Batman and Joker sitting on my desk at work. None of the rest of the first generation appeal to me, but I have to say they look better in real life than they do in pictures.

It's funny how often that happens. It's rare that a set looks worse in person. Sometimes they look much better, though.

Also funny how sometimes a set looks like crap until you get to the end.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The boba fett one looks good because it doesn't have the awful brickheadz face style but his helmet instead.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

The Duke posted:

Trying to get a piece of that Funko Pop pie

I will never ever understand these.

"hey here's this pop culture thing you like, except ugly and deformed"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

It's funny how often that happens. It's rare that a set looks worse in person. Sometimes they look much better, though.

Also funny how sometimes a set looks like crap until you get to the end.

Lego almost always looks better in person imo. It's very frustrating when you make your own builds and try to take pictures of it. Every time I make something and post it I'm like "cmon!!!!!" When I look at my photos

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ElwoodCuse posted:

You could make the same argument for licenced minifigures. While I'm not a fan myself I can understand the appeal of having all the pop culture things you like in the same art style.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

ElwoodCuse posted:

I've got a couple that I really like. It's pretty cool having a tiny Bob Ross looking down on me from my bookshelf :)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

veni veni veni posted:

Also gently caress Lego Comic con exclusives.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

Look how wrong you are

LOOK

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

mattfl posted:

Look how wrong you are

LOOK

Why are his eyes black?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fayez Butts posted:

Why are his eyes black?

Cuz he has no soul.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Fayez Butts posted:

Why are his eyes black?

I'm not sure, but apparently that is a funko pop thing as just about everyone's eyes are black

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Tenebrais posted:

You could make the same argument for licenced minifigures. While I'm not a fan myself I can understand the appeal of having all the pop culture things you like in the same art style.

Yeah my whole point is the art style looks terrible and lots of people think so too

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

mattfl posted:

Look how wrong you are

LOOK

Numer 332 and 333. Are these chronologically numbered? Are there literally over 300 of these things?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Ineptitude posted:

Numer 332 and 333. Are these chronologically numbered? Are there literally over 300 of these things?

I'm not sure how the numbering works, but yes, there are definitely over 300 of those things. They make them for like, everything!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ineptitude posted:

There is no rhyme or reason to their numbering. There are thousands of the things.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ineptitude posted:

Don't go on youtube and search for funko pop collectors. Don't look at their walls covered in stacked, unopened, vinyl dolls.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Went to the Leicester Square store and picked up the Halloween and Thanksgiving sets. The store is drowning in Lester minifigs, so I passed for today.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Went to the Leicester Square store and picked up the Halloween and Thanksgiving sets. The store is drowning in Lester minifigs, so I passed for today.

You didn't pick up a bunch to ship to us US goons? :(

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Waltzing Along posted:

You didn't pick up a bunch to ship to us US goons? :(

At current rate, they're US$7.82 each. I ain't running a charity here!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The_Doctor posted:

I guess I'll throw this award in the trash then.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Sounds good to me, how much with shipping?

Gotta be better than the $30+ they are going for on Ebay. :p

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

The_Doctor posted:

I would happily pay that + shipping + a few Bonus Bucks for you to grab me one! But don't feel obligated - no worries if you dont have the time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Let's say £10 for minifig plus shipping, which is exactly $13 right now. Is that ok for everyone?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

The_Doctor posted:

Let's say £10 for minifig plus shipping, which is exactly $13 right now. Is that ok for everyone?

Count me in.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

I'm in the UK and I'm okay with this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

The_Doctor posted:

Works for me. Thanks!

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, totally.

Huge Fucker Bitch
Jan 8, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I'd be in for that.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I'd be down!

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

I am also down with this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man Lego store exclusive crap gets real expensive doesn't it? I liked the MF mini poster I got on force friday, and thought the whole set would be cool to hang over my Lego SW collection. They re like $20+ each :(

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

I don't know what kinda weird moon symbol £ is, but I'd be down for it also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

DrChud posted:

I don't know what kinda weird moon symbol £ is, but I'd be down for it also.

Flanian pobble beads.