Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Really basic question here but is there a term for the technique that seems really popular now, and Migos does all the time, where a second person interjects one or two words at the end of every line? Doesn’t quite feel like a call and response, but I’m not sure what it’s called.

Think these are referred to as "ad-libs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Wasnt YRN 2 also someting like 20 soungs? i just remmber that its way too long lmao.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Hasn't that been a thing during live concerts forever, having your hype man help finish lines if you don't have great breath control?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Kenshin posted:

Hasn't that been a thing during live concerts forever, having your hype man help finish lines if you don't have great breath control?

Maybe he's gotten better but when I saw Maxo his hype man rapped as many lines as he did.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Too Playa ft 2Chainz is so good. Migos and 2Chainz clearly a winning combo, and when the sax comes in... Stir Fry and Made Man my other early favourites. Doubt I'll be coming back to the album, but those songs are great.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i love christopher nolan movies i wish dark knight was 80 hours long just watch the scenes you like!! --too many people in this thread

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uhhhh their label is called Quality Control not Quantity Control 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

nomapple posted:

Too Playa ft 2Chainz is so good. Migos and 2Chainz clearly a winning combo, and when the sax comes in... Stir Fry and Made Man my other early favourites. Doubt I'll be coming back to the album, but those songs are great.

Wish takeoff had more hooks made man is great

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i loving love two hours of thematically dead unmixed nonsense songs that Bang In The Whip. my favorite part is how you could take any verse from anyone in any song and put it anywhere in any other song and it wouldnt even matter its like a goosebumps choose your own adventure album

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Instead of listening to a 100 minute plus Migos album, I'm going to listen to the new Evidence 2x.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Whoever said jpegmafia was good, to you I say, he's garbage

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

fight me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't see how it's any different to clipping or death grips

bad raps over noisy production

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Honestly I just can't stop putting Punken on repeat, maxo's come a long way since quiccstrikes

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i loving love two hours of thematically dead unmixed nonsense songs that Bang In The Whip. my favorite part is how you could take any verse from anyone in any song and put it anywhere in any other song and it wouldnt even matter its like a goosebumps choose your own adventure album

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Here you go, guys. Shuddap

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-D6-Reloaded-mixtape.877942.html

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

We can all stop talking about Culture 2hrs now cos

Dedication 6:Reloaded is out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol it must be weird for all the guys who got made fun of for saying mumble rap isn't 'real rap' to see those exact same arguments being repeated and accepted by the majority again now that the style's star is fading a bit

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
DJ AKADEMIKS going t ojail or what? why he streaming on twitch.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Culture 2 is actually fire I saw 50 unread posts and didn’t read any of them.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Culture 2 is good. Is it a meaningful conceptual sonic journey? No, but uhh it's a Migos album. Tldr: shutup nerds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's a too long migos album

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Run The Jewels played Austin City Limits, but their performance/interviews are separated over 7 different YouTube videos, and as far as I can tell, there's no playlist.

Why would they do that? YouTube money from clicks on separate videos?

That makes it kind of a bitch for the viewer lol. Like, I'm gonna watch 'em all, but that's nowhere near as convenient as, say, those KEXP live sets artists do or the NPR Tiny Desk shows that are just one long video with the whole appearance.

I regularly go to ACL tapings - The tapings are like 2 hours long and they don't use all of the material for the final cut that's shown on PBS. But that's cool they'll eventually put out the uncensored version.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

4 songs under 4 minutes long lol. I'd be fine with a migos album that's 10 hours if the songs weren't 15 decades long.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's a too long migos album
But do you think the album is too long? Couldn’t tell after your five posts saying the same poo poo.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
im listening to the maxo album again.

Buller posted:

DJ AKADEMIKS going t ojail or what? why he streaming on twitch.

who cares

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I listened to Culture II earlier while I was working, and like...after a while, almost every song starts to sound exactly the same. Stir Fry and Gang Gang loving own, as does MotorSport with that Nicki + Cardi B + Migos triple threat. But the rest of it? It just all blends together. If you left it on at party, it'd probably work well enough as a party music playlist, but as a start to finish album listening experience, it goes on for far too long and kinda loving sucks. Aren't the songs supposed to sound remotely unique/different from each other? Because there are a few that do, but like 20 that absolutely don't.

Why are the intro and outro both 4+ minutes long? Some of the choices on this thing are loving baffling

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

So there's no Kanye feature? :smith: I looked at the tracklist on Spotify and didn't see one, so that lowered my expectations for the album even more.

Saw he ghost co produced bbo. I can kind of see that

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

i love christopher nolan movies i wish dark knight was 80 hours long just watch the scenes you like!! --too many people in this thread

This comparison is extremely bad

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

highme posted:

Instead of listening to a 100 minute plus Migos album, I'm going to listen to the new Evidence 2x.

:qq:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

This comparison is extremely bad

Dont want to goobuster this so ill explain my thinking

Going to back to Kanye the variation between his songs or albums or pretty vast. You're not listening to one long rear end song even spread across 50. That and you aren't popping in a movie on a long drive or for a workout or just background for playing 2k or whatever

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Culture II owns!

Reminds me of how I felt about HNDRXX, love the move more towards pop but in a good way.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

the_american_dream posted:

Dont want to goobuster this so ill explain my thinking

Going to back to Kanye the variation between his songs or albums or pretty vast. You're not listening to one long rear end song even spread across 50. That and you aren't popping in a movie on a long drive or for a workout or just background for playing 2k or whatever

What does this dumbass post even mean

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Referring to the guy who compared listening to a long album to watching dark knight fuckface. Try reading the thread instead of being an antagonistic rear end in a top hat a couple times

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
yeah im gay as hell

nadabolt
May 17, 2009
This page is downright HATEFUL

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

It's good. Can finally listen to a version of Gummo that doesn't give plays to a pedo.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
The new Juicy J shuddafuckup mixtape is really good,

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

I listened to Culture II earlier while I was working, and like...after a while, almost every song starts to sound exactly the same. Stir Fry and Gang Gang loving own, as does MotorSport with that Nicki + Cardi B + Migos triple threat. But the rest of it? It just all blends together. If you left it on at party, it'd probably work well enough as a party music playlist, but as a start to finish album listening experience, it goes on for far too long and kinda loving sucks. Aren't the songs supposed to sound remotely unique/different from each other? Because there are a few that do, but like 20 that absolutely don't.

Why are the intro and outro both 4+ minutes long? Some of the choices on this thing are loving baffling

Sadly, the current state of the music industry is that nobody listens to albums anymore. Everybody has their own mixes they listen to at work or they listen to the radio or Spotify

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

A3th3r posted:

Sadly, the current state of the music industry is that nobody listens to albums anymore. Everybody has their own mixes they listen to at work or they listen to the radio or Spotify
I listen to albums :smithicide:

(on Spotify lol)