Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Michael Scott posted:

Is this sarcasm?

Obviously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yes, take actual roads rather than freeways all the way down through the mountains and it's gorgeous. You can do about 70% of this or something similar: https://roadtripusa.com/appalachian-trail/

I'll be driving my S2000 out to Colorado next spring after I move there in January. Wish there were some scenic options on the way out. Guess I'll just have to save it for the awesome mountain roads once I'm out there.

Or I could have it transported out since there aren't any good routes and I don't necessarily want to throw 600 miles on it while driving on I-70.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

AvesPKS posted:

Especially through SC and GA where it's a 4 lane highway.

I desperately wish the parts in SC (from 26 to GA state line) were 4-lane instead of the 2-lane nightmare of semi trucks, 1 going 70mph and the other going 71mph, leapfrogging each other over and over again

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Dislike button posted:

I desperately wish the parts in SC (from 26 to GA state line) were 4-lane instead of the 2-lane nightmare of semi trucks, 1 going 70mph and the other going 71mph, leapfrogging each other over and over again

I mainly stick to the VA <--> NY area so I forget it's two lanes in some places.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Dislike button posted:

I just had to drive sac to Stockton on I5. 4 trucks in a row getting passed by a truck with a 1mph speed differential happened at least 3 times.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

2018 Honda Accord Kills the V6, Adds Type R Engine

I understand Honda's logic, but eh, I like that it had that NA V6.

RIP in engine heaven.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high
And life worth living

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

When hope was high
And life worth living

This part is potentially :awesome:

quote:

In the all-new Accord that Honda says will debut later this year, the basic 1.5T — a non-VTEC powerplant — will be linked to either the continuously variable transmission or a six-speed manual. The 2.0T, on the other hand, will be offered with both a 10-speed automatic or a six-speed manual.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BigPaddy posted:

When hope was high
And life worth living

It'll be some monkey's paw poo poo if the Accord gets the Type R engine, but then it turns out that it sucks

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"We de-tuned it to 200hp so it would last longer for you."

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
They'll give it an much less aggressive tune, slanted more towards torque. It'll end up about 2 tenths slower than the V6 in any given measurement and will get slightly better MPG according to the EPA, real world it'll be about 1-2 mpg worse.

It is our destiny.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

"We de-tuned it to 200hp so it would last longer for you."

Given the unspeakable things those fuckers have done to the best racing driver in the world, Fernando Alonso, it'll probably last for all of 1000 km before lighting itself on fire, exploding and throwing bits of the engine through the firewall to impale passengers. 2500 km for the detuned version.

gently caress Honda.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Q_res posted:

They'll give it an much less aggressive tune, slanted more towards torque. It'll end up about 2 tenths slower than the V6 in any given measurement and will get slightly better MPG according to the EPA, real world it'll be about 1-2 mpg worse.

It is our destiny.

I'm 95% sure you're going to be proven right.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

PT6A posted:

Given the unspeakable things those fuckers have done to the best racing driver in the world, Fernando Alonso, it'll probably last for all of 1000 km before lighting itself on fire, exploding and throwing bits of the engine through the firewall to impale passengers. 2500 km for the detuned version.

gently caress Honda.

Tell us how you really feel.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I'm 95% sure you're going to be proven right.

Eh maybe they'll just stick in the Si engine and call it a day. Isn't that also a detuned version of the Type R engine?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Eh maybe they'll just stick in the Si engine and call it a day. Isn't that also a detuned version of the Type R engine?

Naw, it's a 1.5.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

PT6A posted:

gently caress Honda.

You don't understand, they are dropping the V6 because they know they suck at them.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Fo3 posted:

You don't understand, they are dropping the V6 because they know they suck at them.

Speaking of which, are Honda transmissions still fragile little snowflakes when paired with V6 engines? I've been out of the loop about that for quite a while, now.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

I understand Honda's logic, but eh, I like that it had that NA V6.

RIP in engine heaven.

You know, I actually looked at an Accord V6 Coupe, with the manual and leather. I might have bought it, but I got my Mustang GT cheaper...

That car just made no sense.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Made sense in 2009 to 2012
Then not any more.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Q_res posted:

You know, I actually looked at an Accord V6 Coupe, with the manual and leather. I might have bought it, but I got my Mustang GT cheaper...

That car just made no sense.

I haven't driven the Accord coupe, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had better outward visibility and a roomier back seat.

...that's about all I can think of.

E:

The Arteon looks like a nice car; not sure if I'd seriously look at buying one, but it looks nice. AE888 is tunable as always.

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 10, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I test drove a V6 Accord coupe with the 6 speed a while back. Black on black. Sexy as hell, plenty of oomph to it.

Couldn't afford it, but if I could it would have been on My List.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

500-HP Acura TLX and Race-Ready NSX Hillclimb Cars Ready to Scale Pikes Peak

quote:

The new parts, as well as special engine software and in-house tuning, draw a claimed 500 horsepower from the turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6.

They should de-tune that and stick it in the street car; maybe call it a TLX-R.

(Or give it a real name like "Legend")

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2018-bmw-6-series-gran-turismo-photos-and-info-news

Somebody needs to get fired for this.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Deep in BMW's top secret underground design and marketing bunker.

"Hey whats a car a shitload of people buy and has huge markups"
"Uhhh any SUV"
"hmmm no try again"
"Uhh the paname-"
"Stop right there I Just got some inspiration

Lets make a Panamera"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I like that WAY more than a panamera.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

KillHour posted:

I like that WAY more than a panamera.

old panamera, maybe, new panamera not even close

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

That's just a 5 series GT but slightly bigger though, right?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The difference is that the Panamera still has the beans under that skin.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Finally saw an Alfa Giulia on the road. Pretty good looking car.

Hope the poor sap doesn't get reamed too hard by it.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

noted tall sedan experiment for americans who want to be up higher is now only 2" taller than a regular 5 series.

looking at pricing, maybe it's a cheaper 7 series? there's plenty of people who don't give a poo poo about all the gizmos and you get AWD standard.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
The side profile is nice but the view from the back ruins it for me.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

hifi posted:

noted tall sedan experiment for americans who want to be up higher is now only 2" taller than a regular 5 series.

looking at pricing, maybe it's a cheaper 7 series? there's plenty of people who don't give a poo poo about all the gizmos and you get AWD standard.

It's a hatchback. That's the main appeal.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

PT6A posted:

The side profile is nice but the view from the back ruins it for me.

I agree, the side profile actually looks fairly decent.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I like the blue light color line thing in the interior :kiddo:

The rest: they go up a model number so they can charge more money for the same car.

Guinness posted:

What does your heart tell you?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Guinness posted:

In cars that people are actually gonna buy, I saw an Alfa Stelvio on the road the other day. It looked fairly nice in blue. Mostly just a lifted Giulia that's trying to look butch. Something about it reminded me of the F-PACE, another horrible abomination.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BloodBag posted:

What does your heart gonads tell you?

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

In cars that people are actually gonna buy, I saw an Alfa Stelvio on the road the other day. It looked fairly nice in blue. Mostly just a lifted Giulia that's trying to look butch. Something about it reminded me of the F-PACE, another horrible abomination.

I thought it was P-FACE when I first saw it.

I still see it evryteim.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
They are chasing Model X ponderers too @ $80k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Long_Tine_Spork
May 21, 2009

BloodBag posted:

I thought it was P-FACE when I first saw it.

I still see it evryteim.

This is slightly better than I think of that name, as it always makes me think it sounds like a variable name in some computer code for a sex robot.