Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Aaaahahahaha

Arden: 60/36/11/41/16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sigurd is probably the best mixed tank in the game even if the stats end up a bit lower

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
drat, Arvis seems fragile AF

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope Arya's sword is inheritable. I want Lon'qu to be good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm way behind on my squad assaults, they're seriously hard. I need to sit down and try to puzzle some of them out soon

after all the tries i took to do squad 2, i did 3 in one try

4... i think maybe it will be hard. is there a way to preview the map from the stage select screen because if not that's dumb.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

blizzardvizard posted:

Aaaahahahaha

Arden: 60/36/11/41/16

Power creep power creep

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
This has to a second banner? Way too many new units.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
uh does ayra's blade have a speed buff or does she just legit have 40 base speed.....

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

uh does ayra's blade have a speed buff or does she just legit have 40 base speed.....

It has +3 speed

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

tithin posted:

Power creep power creep

creep is right that dude looks like he's very into nonconsensual things

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

please don't bully arden

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jesus loving Christ 41 base defense

AverySpecialfriend posted:

creep is right that dude looks like he's very into nonconsensual things

Mongo want to smash

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Ayra is ridiculous and it's funny.

Deirdre seems like she has worse stats than Julia. That extra speed doesn't do her any favors, since it puts her right in a useless dead zone. Although I guess maybe Speed Ploy is supposed to help with that?

I've heard from other sources that Arvis has a unique skill called "Follow-up Ring" which lets him get a guaranteed follow-up attack as long as he's above 50% HP. So his speed doesn't actually matter all that much, he'll be doubling everything for free (like Brash Assault or Quick Riposte, but with less restrictions).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
knowing my luck i'll get him as my free roll, and then get him again clearing the rest of the pull

blizzardvizard posted:

please don't bully arden
i'm gonna bully him w rein

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Swordbreaker Rein still kills Sigurd so I don't mind him

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Clarste posted:

Ayra is ridiculous and it's funny.

Deirdre seems like she has worse stats than Julia. That extra speed doesn't do her any favors, since it puts her right in a useless dead zone. Although I guess maybe Speed Ploy is supposed to help with that?

I've heard from other sources that Arvis has a unique skill called "Follow-up Ring" which lets him get a guaranteed follow-up attack as long as he's above 50% HP. So his speed doesn't actually matter all that much, he'll be doubling everything for free (like Brash Assault or Quick Riposte, but with less restrictions).

Are you sure it's Arvis with that skill and not Arden? Because Arden has a special event where he finds that item in FE4

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
here's my teamcomp of four armors with ward armors and renewal

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
It's a shame Arvis isn't an armor mage, but he's still pretty much what I need. He's a good red mage at least. They all seem really good actually, on a scale of 1 to powercreep they all rate at least an 8.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE loving MOON posted:

It's a shame Arvis isn't an armor mage, but he's still pretty much what I need. He's a good red mage at least. They all seem really good actually, on a scale of 1 to powercreep they all rate at least an 8.

Eh, Deirde and Tailtiu are just normal good units, nothing special. Arvis too.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Oct 16, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Are you sure it's Arvis with that skill and not Arden? Because Arden has a special event where he finds that item in FE4

I'm not sure and that certainly sounds fairer.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My first impressions:

Sigurd is good but in the way where I'll look at him, go "yup he's good" and then never use him
Deirdre is literally Julia
Tailtiu is blue Nino
Arvis is fine I guess
Ayra is pretty busted
Arden exists and is funny and I'm glad he exists

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Andrast posted:

Swordbreaker Rein still kills Sigurd so I don't mind him

I don't really run Rein so I don't know but is that generally a useful skill for him? Or does Rein not have any other B skill he'd rather have anyway.

Also, some of those guys look ridiculous. I'm kinda expecting some of those stats to be a different just for things like 31 defence on a unit seemingly designed to be speedy and strong, or just the fact that Arden has 60 hp. Glad they're good though, strong chance i'll find another favourite among them.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

Eh, Deirde and Tailtiu are just normal good units, nothing special

Yeah. They'd probably be an '8' there. They both have a strong place in the meta, but not a unique one. Tailtiu is now the easiest blue blade to set up, which is nice.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Deirdre is another Reinhardt counter at least

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Arden is funny entirely because at neutral he gets quadded by neutral Rein.

E: Oh, I didn't notice Arden has a brave weapon, that explains it.

Akett fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 16, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't really run Rein so I don't know but is that generally a useful skill for him? Or does Rein not have any other B skill he'd rather have anyway.

Also, some of those guys look ridiculous. I'm kinda expecting some of those stats to be a different just for things like 31 defence on a unit seemingly designed to be speedy and strong, or just the fact that Arden has 60 hp. Glad they're good though, strong chance i'll find another favourite among them.

Rein can run pretty much anything in the B-slot. I've used lancebreaker and BTomebreaker most of the time. If Sigurd ends up a popular unit swordbreaker seems like a good investment for Rein and it doesn't hurt his performance that much.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I need Benny in the game so I can run a tricolor armor boys comp

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
does it matter if you complete a chain challenge for hm grinding?

I know you get less exp but do you get less hm too?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't particularly like this trend of giving some units better BST for no reason.

Unique skills and actually good prf weapons I do like though (even if some them are a bit over the top).

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

lmao arvis has def ploy for that sweet triple debuff

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
Xander Mobus for Arvis yeeesssss

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

lmao arvis has def ploy for that sweet triple debuff

Defense Ploy on a GHB unit? Interesting.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

lmao part 2: Arya's special is 2 CD

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
arya must be somebody's waifu

honestly, should give her a skill that buff the useless astra line.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Are we sure we're actually getting her? Maybe she's a new boss unit of some kind.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Ayra should have astra yeah. That wouldn't even be too awful with the heavy blade effect

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

She has a super version of Astra called Regnal Astra (Sword Princess Astra in Japanese). It's like Black Luna.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

There are six empty slots in the Catalog, so presumably we're getting all of them.

Of course take all of this with a grain of salt but so far datamine info has been reliable

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Clarste posted:

She has a super version of Astra called Regnal Astra (Sword Princess Astra in Japanese). It's like Black Luna.

Not sure how I feel about all the unique skills. It's not really any different than prf weapons but still. I wonder if the TT is going to have more than 1 hero as a reward. Unless they're doing 2 GHBs there's one too many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It might be a clarisse/legion situation with Arvis and Ayra being GHB units since she technically started as an enemy. That would leave Arden as the TT unit.