Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Hyur lady isn't a major character because she has a default player face model, qed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
strictly speaking we don't know if wuk has one or not

my wildest guess is that the lady at the top is actually the wol, as in she's the standin for us when they retire meteor like yoshi said they were thinking of

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
One thing that made Hildibrand quests more fun - my wife and I play through them together and do our own voice acting. She voices all of the female characters. I voice all of the male characters.

Having to go through a few hours of just reading text is boring, so this spices things up a bit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

One thing that made Hildibrand quests more fun - my wife and I play through them together and do our own voice acting. She voices all of the female characters. I voice all of the male characters.

Having to go through a few hours of just reading text is boring, so this spices things up a bit.

Aw, that's cute

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

gtrmp posted:

Hyur lady isn't a major character because she has a default player face model, qed

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

This is Thancred.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

G’raha is also a default face lol.

Urianger too I’m pretty sure. At the very least they’re both very easy to build in the character maker. You just can’t have their tattoos/G’raha’s exact eye color.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Y'shtola as well, minus the eye texture.

Though she has different nose/chin options than I do.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pretty sure all the Scions with the Archon tattoos are technically unique faces because of that but they're otherwise stock parts. I think Minfilia has a special eye color and that's it. Oh and they have their own hairstyles that might all be in the store now with their outfits.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Cleretic posted:

I kinda just thought that aside from that final Wuk guess, those were everyone's natural assumptions, unless you're talking about people who've instead gone all-in on 'Solution Nine Is The Real Story'. I know my theories mostly start here and then build on other plot beats, like how I assume the warmonger's gonna have some 'oh poo poo war sucks actually' revelation.

My only alternative is that the white lady might instead be an also-ran that's nominally in the contest but is basically out of the contest by the second zone.

I wouldn't mind that thought, but she's in such a place of prominence in the poster that I cannot imagine she is not important somehow.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Imo the lady is on the poster because she got lost.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Mister Olympus posted:

strictly speaking we don't know if wuk has one or not

my wildest guess is that the lady at the top is actually the wol, as in she's the standin for us when they retire meteor like yoshi said they were thinking of

Meteor is also on the poster, so probably not.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Looking at old expansion posters and who was at the top
Heavensward -- Thordan
Stormblood -- Lyse
Shadowbringers -- Rynefilia
Endwalker -- Venat

From this I can conclude that the mystery person on the Dawntrail poster is A: blonde, B: white, and C: a character in the plot.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

she's going to be a boss fight but not the final boss

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm still all in on "That's the brother she's talking about" and we've appropriately have a Kuja for this FF9 expac.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Ishikawa scribbling furiously on a notepad as thunder crashes outside Square Enix Tokyo. "Tired of male sympathetic war criminals, are you?! I'll show you! I'll show you all! A FEMALE sympathetic war criminal!"

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

1stGear posted:

Ishikawa scribbling furiously on a notepad as thunder crashes outside Square Enix Tokyo. "Tired of male sympathetic war criminals, are you?! I'll show you! I'll show you all! A FEMALE sympathetic war criminal!"

She already wrote Yotsuyu, though.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I was going to say "a sympathetic female war criminal without a sexual-abuse backstory," but we did already get Fordola. I'd take another Fordola, though.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
How about we have more Fordola.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Yeah, sure, I'm down for more Fordola.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I would also be fine with more Fordola! I just assume she's in the "halfway around the world, not relevant to the upcoming plot arc" box at the moment, and that's fine.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

But what about second Fordola?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Cleretic posted:

She already wrote Yotsuyu, though.

She screams heavensward towards an uncaring god before remembering she isn't the lead MSQ writer any more and this is Oda's problem now.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Yeah, but how many NPCs from 1.0 even had unique faces? Merlwyb, Raubahn, Kan-E-Senna, Cid and Louisoix off the top of my head; are there others?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

The Louisoix stuff they added recently was really weird because it had an NPC who looked like Thancred

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Qwertycoatl posted:

The Louisoix stuff they added recently was really weird because it had an NPC who looked like Thancred

This is NOT Thancred

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

I started over at level 20 with a new character because I accidentally made Thancred in the character creator the first time around and that's around the time I realized this guy was prob gonna be sticking around

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Whenever Fordola's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Fordola?"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Looking at old expansion posters and who was at the top
Heavensward -- Thordan
Stormblood -- Lyse
Shadowbringers -- Rynefilia
Endwalker -- Venat

From this I can conclude that the mystery person on the Dawntrail poster is A: blonde, B: white, and C: a character in the plot.

Glagha posted:

Whenever Fordola's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Fordola?"

She's hanging out with Hoary Boulder and Coultenet.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It has been determined that not only has there been enough Fordola, there has actually been a surfeit of Fordola, so part of the 7.0 patch will be retroactively replacing appearances of Fordola with fan favorite Iscar quo Matthias.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Kheldarn posted:

She's hanging out with Hoary Boulder and Coultenet.

in Gridania?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Hogama posted:

It has been determined that not only has there been enough Fordola, there has actually been a surfeit of Fordola, so part of the 7.0 patch will be retroactively replacing appearances of Fordola with fan favorite Iscar quo Matthias.

Compelling, but I have a better idea for how to include Iscar:

To ensure that people who like the game's worldbuilding aren't held back from it by content they don't enjoy, we'll be including Iscar as the protagonist of the pioneering alternative content, 'Hildibrand: No Jokes Edition'.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I feel like if anyone is getting replaced by Iscar Matthias it's Alphinaud. Maybe Tataru.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zeruel posted:

in Gridania?

No, that's Aenor hanging out with Ocher Boulder.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nessus posted:

But what about second Fordola?

Make her a dark knight so she can have an angry echo.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
So, here's a thing that might be interesting to chew on: FFXIV's got an actual, not-just-a-stall panel at PAX East, titled 'Journey to Dawntrail: The 10 Year Adventure of FINAL FANTASY XIV'. It's on the main stage, getting more spotlight than FFXVI's panel that definitely is talking about new information (and, I'm gonna be honest, has a better attendee handout). They're doing something there, and it's probably something bigger than just showing us more comparison shots of the graphical update.

...what the hell do they even have left to show us, besides the release date? They've never done a 'pre-expansion hype' panel like this at PAX to my knowledge, but as far as I know, they've hit every single thing we'd expect to know before the expansion at this point.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Release date is the obvious thing. Surely that's enough?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Release date and probably some general panel/interview stuff with a little dev insight, some vague details maybe. They might also say when the media tours are.

Considering the panel is named more for the anniversary than the expansion, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a lot of DT details

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Mar 2, 2024

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

They still have to release the benchmark. When did that happen for previous expansions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
About 6-8 weeks before launch, so at even the most optimistic DT estimates it's a bit off still