Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Android Blues posted:

This feels like a goofy little callback to the idea, more important in the early story, that all the kids had associated musical instruments.

e: it also feels really Charlie Brown, haha.

Finally, closure on why Vriska was so good at xylophones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Elevatorstuck is my favorite Homestuck piece :allears:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is great. Like... in every possible way.

And i love how much loving mileage Hussie is getting out of Elevatorstuck.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Via some goober on Tumblr, it's Captor.GIF:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

RandallODim posted:

Finally, closure on why Vriska was so good at xylophones.

That's easy. A toy xylophone that a kid would get has 8 notes. :buddy:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Cabbit posted:

Oh my god. This is like. the best thing.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

imma need an avatar of that

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Cabbit posted:

John is almost starting to get Hella Jeff's y-mouth.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

How to defeat Lord English: prototype a sprite with Calliope's corpse, then with Lord English, giving her another chance to predominate.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

The best Interfishin. :allears:

If Erisolsprite explodes, will we end up with two/three/however many we're at Solluxes?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ablative posted:

Oh my god. This is like. the best thing.

It reminds me of a Monkey Island game.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Given Homestuck's inspirations, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We finally got a bladder meter.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
Feferi is rockin' the bass. :coolfish:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

havenwaters posted:

Also confirmation that Pirate Feferi is great.

Hell yes, she's the best. Also clearly dressed as a captain, so she should take over the ship and lead it on an adventure of friendship, adorableness, and giant horrible tentacle monsters. Also Aranea is no longer allowed to talk.

David Copperfield posted:

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition - just an excuse to tell another dumb story inside a longer dumb story

That's really basically it, yep.

WAR FOOT posted:

I was genuinely expecting us to cut to the pirate ship and find Meenah had forked John while Areana was talking.

I was expecting her to get him the moment she returned, but nope. Oh well. Pirate Feferi makes up for that disappointment, even though it means we're getting exposed to even more ~*WORLDBUILDING*~ shortly.

loquacius posted:

Yeah I never really saw her as a bassist, but I must say she is killin' it. :golfclap:

Of course she's a bassist.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 11, 2013

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Action Shakespeare posted:

Feferi is rockin' the bass. :coolfish:

Yeah I never really saw her as a bassist, but I must say she is killin' it. :golfclap:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Another good Interfishin'.

When are we getting a flash with a song other than Elevatorstuck?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

loquacius posted:

Yeah I never really saw her as a bassist, but I must say she is krillin' it. :golfclap:

This is like fishpuns 101 man

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Roland Jones posted:

Hell yes, she's the best. Also clearly dressed as a captain, so she should take over the ship and lead it on an adventure of friendship, adorableness, and giant horrible tentacle monsters.

We already have a captain. Feferi is clearly dressed (to the gills) as an admiral.

And I'm surprised that I missed that she was playing bass. :downs:

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My boyfriend was working at the mall today and saw two teenagers just hanging out dressed as Finn and Aradia (horns and all). :ughh:

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 11, 2013

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Thundarr posted:

We already have a captain. Feferi is clearly dressed (to the gills) as an admiral.

I beg to differ. As a well-qualified Master of Ships, Nepeta should be the REAL admiral around here.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Grrl Anachronism posted:

My boyfriend was working at the mall today and saw two teenagers just hanging out dressed as Finn and Aradia (horns and all). :ughh:
But did the Aradia have gray skin? Any troll cosplayer without the gray makeup is automatically terrible.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Speaking of cosplay,

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Speaking of cosplay,

Is this a Real Thing that people believe? Like, did someone, at some point, put this on the internet with the belief that the thing they wrote was actually true? Jesus Christ.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

Speaking of cosplay,

"In my eighteen years of living"

This has to be a joke. No one could be this funny unintentionally.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I think that might be some sort of satire, but on the internet, you can never be sure.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

There are things on the internet called jokes and I pray that's one of them.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 11, 2013

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a joke; I saw it before, during an instance of that drama over "your race/weight/whatever is wrong for that character so you can't cosplay them" stuff.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

lotus circle posted:

But did the Aradia have gray skin? Any troll cosplayer without the gray makeup is automatically terrible.

Nope, no facepaint. Just a random teenage girl in ripped clothes and horns.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Also am I reading the info dump wrong but is the entire point of the main villain of Homestuck is an alien trying to get laid

This is strangely fitting.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

WAR FOOT posted:

Also am I reading the info dump wrong but is the entire point of the main villain of Homestuck is an alien trying to get laid

This is strangely fitting.

It's not even that-- the main villain of Homestuck is an angry, petulant man-child who did not mature properly.

And, rather than Calliope, I think everyone appears to be searching for his mom

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Cabbit posted:

It's not even that-- the main villain of Homestuck is an angry, petulant man-child who did not mature properly.

So Homestuck will end with Lord English's mother giving him a...time out. :downsrim:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cabbit posted:

What gave you that idea?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Ariong posted:

What gave you that idea?

Well, this is a whole story about coming of age and maturity and such-- Caliborn, however, is pretty much a giant walking example of somebody who hasn't, and probably won't ever. It's written plainly into his character. So what do you do when an unruly kid is tearing poo poo up?

You go get his mom.

Being that his mom has shown herself to be a intergalactic space badass who was even able to thrash his dad, I'm liking her odds of telling her boy to sit down and shut up. Calliope-- even some sort of beta Calliope who took control instead of Caliborn-- not so much.

Plus, she's still got to be out there somewhere. Call it Chekhov's Giant Space-Lizard Angel Thing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Cabbit posted:

Well, this is a whole story about coming of age and maturity and such-- Caliborn, however, is pretty much a giant walking example of somebody who hasn't, and probably won't ever. It's written plainly into his character. So what do you do when an unruly kid is tearing poo poo up?

You go get his mom.

Being that his mom has shown herself to be a intergalactic space badass who was even able to thrash his dad, I'm liking her odds of telling her boy to sit down and shut up. Calliope-- even some sort of beta Calliope who took control instead of Caliborn-- not so much.

Plus, she's still got to be out there somewhere. Call it Chekhov's Giant Space-Lizard Angel Thing.

As fitting as I think the idea of Caliborn representing the antithesis of Homestuck's root theme is (a kid who failed to grow up in a story about growing up), it'd be awfully anticlimactic if the major conflict was resolved by his space mom showing up, grabbing Lord English by the ear, and dragging him off stage against his whiny protestations. It'd also undermine every single other character in the comic and be lovely writing in general if the only way to defeat LE was to bring in a brand new super-powerful character to fight him.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Thundarr posted:

As fitting as I think the idea of Caliborn representing the antithesis of Homestuck's root theme is (a kid who failed to grow up in a story about growing up), it'd be awfully anticlimactic if the major conflict was resolved by his space mom showing up, grabbing Lord English by the ear, and dragging him off stage against his whiny protestations. It'd also undermine every single other character in the comic and be lovely writing in general if the only way to defeat LE was to bring in a brand new super-powerful character to fight him.

This is how I feel about the idea of finding an alternate universe Calliope being the end goal or whatever.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thundarr posted:

You mean in the same way it would if they solved the whole thing by getting super-Calliope to save the day? Because the two are the same except for that one detail. Which is why I don't like either, really.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Is it that you don't like the beta calliope plan itself or that you wouldn't like if it succeded? Those are two very different things.

Tevruden
Aug 12, 2004

Obviously the takeaway from Homestuck will be that the Giant Space-Lizard Angel Thing was inside them all along.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Roland Jones posted:

You mean in the same way it would if they solved the whole thing by getting super-Calliope to save the day? Because the two are the same except for that one detail. Which is why I don't like either, really.

I don't think alt Calliope will end up being that character either. because she's evil and thus isn't interested in LE that way :ssh: I think that whole aspect of the story is a red herring that will inevitably go horribly wrong when it is resolved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Thundarr posted:

I think that whole aspect of the story is a red herring that will inevitably go horribly wrong when it is resolved.

Come to think of it, has there ever been a case of a Serket-built plan ever not blowing up in their faces in some way? It's practically their thing.