Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

But for real, The General has serious and irrational issues and I hope they recognize it some time soon and work to get healthier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Step 1 is getting them to acknowledge that it *is* an issue with them and not with the world around them, and that seems to be the sticking point.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god he just keeps doubling down and saying even more embarrassing poo poo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Silly Newbie posted:

Is there a setting to make these work in the android awful app, or do they just not?

Step 1 is to get the app recoded by Radium

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Silly Newbie posted:

Is there a setting to make these work in the android awful app, or do they just not?

Settings > Images

there's a switch to make gifs autoplay

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

niggerstomper58 posted:

this is sort uhof a bad thread, but has anyone here done psychdelic drugs?????? discuss them pleaes. what kind of ppl do you think should take them, what kind of ppl shoudlnt, are they beneficial or harmful. indigneous ppl took them all the time, especially in the amazon and the congo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I sometimes forget it was a real poster.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Paladinus posted:

I sometimes forget it was a real poster.

I never knew. :aaa:

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Dareon posted:

I never knew. :aaa:

yeah not only were they real, but their famous post was made in 2012, which feels oddly recent

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:actually: SA is a Chipotle Friendly forum, how DARE you :actually:

KittyLitter posted:

Gently Caress Subway... It's all their fault, really, that the entire world seems to think that everything needs a chipotle kick. Back in the 80's nobody gave a poo poo about chipotle peppers. They barely cared about jalepenos. All anyone needed was drat salt and black pepper. About 7 or 8 years ago Subway started selling some bullshit "chipotle sauce" on some of their subs and awaaaaay we go.

Now every goddamn thing has chipotle cheese and chipotle sauce and chipotle bread... The whole world is making GBS threads chipotle now. Goddamn it can't I just have a loving cheeseburger anymore without it being a Chipotle cheeseburger?

Any soups that aren't Chipotle soups?

Can I have a glass of loving milk without it being CHIPOTLE loving MILK.

GOD GENTLY CARESS drat CHIPOTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why the gently caress don't they just put chipotle peppers on stuff? It always has to be in some loving sauce or ground up in something... Suuuure you can get sliced jalepenos on something but HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A loving CHIPOTLE ON ANYTHING? NO??? Wonder why...

Maybe it's like that L. Casei Immunitas bullshit Dannon (or who the gently caress ever) is spouting like it is some magical culture which will make you immune to death.

They slap the word Immunitas onto the end of a common bacteria name and suddenly the world wants THEIR yogurt.

BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT CHIPOTLES HERE.

I swear to God I think there was a hint of Chipotle in my Cap'n Crunch this morning. If there are any big business execs reading this thread then PLEASE LAY OFF THE GODDAMN CHIPOTLE. Come up with a new gimmick... say... Hint 'o Broccoli or some poo poo... Maybe RickRoll people during your commercials or some poo poo.

CHIPOTLE! :argh:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Also:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

How do you get that angry about it without knowing what chipotle is

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

People here get angry at/for/about things without knowing what the hell said thing actually is all the time.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I personally like that they thought "gently caress" was just how we talked around here but still let a gently caress slip in.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

freeedr posted:

How do you get that angry about it without knowing what chipotle is

He knows what chipotle is, though: it's the name of a variety of chili pepper. The restaurant chain took their name from the chili pepper. Dude's annoyed at a flood of chipotle-flavored foods onto the marketplace.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He knows what chipotle is, though: it's the name of a variety of chili pepper.

Congratulations! You are as dumb as that guy

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Chipotle is actually the name of the cook

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

flavor.flv posted:

Congratulations! You are as dumb as that guy

If you say so. I wasn't saying he was smart or even correct in the first place, just that he knew what a chipotle pepper is.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

If you say so. I wasn't saying he was smart or even correct in the first place, just that he knew what a chipotle pepper is.

Except he didn't, and apparently neither do you do, since it's not a variety of pepper, it's the word for a smoked jalapeño.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Yeah, it's smoked and dried and that's why it's always in sauces and never shows up as slices on top of a burger or something.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Martman posted:

Chipotle is actually the name of the cook

Chipotle's monster

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

John Lee posted:

Except he didn't, and apparently neither do you do, since it's not a variety of pepper, it's the word for a smoked jalapeño.

I know that too, genius, I just didn't bother elaborating because this isn't a loving test.

And yes you can actually buy whole chipotle peppers and put them on stuff if you really want to. The results are bad because of course they are, but I've seen it.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

I know that too, genius, I just didn't bother elaborating because this isn't a loving test.

And yes you can actually buy whole chipotle peppers and put them on stuff if you really want to. The results are bad because of course they are, but I've seen it.

Ah, so chipotle is a 'variety' of pepper in the sense that it's a pepper that's had stuff done to it

my favorite variety of pepper is stuffed

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

John Lee posted:

Ah, so chipotle is a 'variety' of pepper in the sense that it's a pepper that's had stuff done to it

I didn't know jalapenos ceased being chili peppers if they were smoked.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

my preferred pepper is better than your preferred pepper

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Malachite_Dragon posted:

my preferred pepper is better than your preferred pepper

You're right about this.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

John Lee posted:

I think you mean this sarcastically but I believe that to be a perfectly valid answer.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Just going to drop this here to help out some of you.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

A lot of 'chipotle' is just regular chilli with caramel colour and smoke flavoring.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Atticus_1354 posted:

Nice try, but Colorado is a state.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Lone Badger posted:

A lot of 'chipotle' is just regular chilli with caramel colour and smoke flavoring.
Uhh Chili's is a completely different restaurant, you moron!!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

christmas boots posted:

Nice try, but Colorado is a state.

It's called "colourado" in the Queens English.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Atticus_1354 posted:

I knew a few of these but I didn't twig anchos were dried poblanos. Thanks!

I've made chipotles a few times Buy a kilo or two of jalapenos when they're on sale, smoke them in a Big Chief smoker (very un-2021 brand, really) and leave them in a box drier for a week or three. They come out super smokey and awesome and way better than store bought.

Great for putting on your homemade hoagies which are very different from subs, obviously.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

The Lone Badger posted:

What's a regular chilli?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I dunno, what's a regular chilli with you?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

THE MYSTERY SWITCH

The offending lights.

The lamp must be plugged in to outlet C (behind couch) and turned on. If you flip switch A, the lamp turns off and the porch light turns on. Switch B will turn the porch light off, but has no effect on the lamp.

My dad's diagram (labels say outlet, wire nut, and porch light). He says "There is no three way switch, just two simple switches. One thing I didn't check is the possibility that the porch light switch might be one that is open when on instead of closed when on. Still don't know what the light bulb has to do with the function, though."

That strange guy posted:

I think I see your problem.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is this Loss?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EorayMel posted:

:actually: SA is a Chipotle Friendly forum, how DARE you :actually:

Also:

The worst sin here is they didn’t even spell it right. It’s “chipolte”.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
wot

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

…will it happen…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

hamlord posted:

Lowtax is a gook lover, gently caress him srsly.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)