Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

twistedmentat posted:

I thought Wreck is Ralph 2 was about the Disney Princesses casual outfits

Sameface Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

No break the internet means she's posing nude in a giant wine glass

Oh I thought it meant she poured champagne into a wine glass balanced on her rear end

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I won't accept a Witcher series unless Geralt asks everyone to play Gwent.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Lurdiak posted:

Is that what Wreck It Ralph 2 is going to be about?

Just wait til you see John C. Reilly’s rear end on that cover

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just wait til you see John C. Reilly’s rear end on that cover

Full spread. And I mean full spread man. He pulled his buttcheeks apart and everything

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Full spread. And I mean full spread man. He pulled his buttcheeks apart and everything
/

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Codependent Poster posted:

I won't accept a Witcher series unless Geralt asks everyone to play Gwent.

Cavill has it in his contract that one entire episode is a Gwent tournament.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
And Then There Were None but in a Gwent Tournament

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/DorianParksnRec/status/1037370735847559169?s=19

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Zomg did the Internet break yet?!?

(Seriously, it looks fine - when are they going to release a trailer or some footage already?)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
This is more of what it'll be like in the actual movie

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
I hate that phrase too, but the costume looks good!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah that looks drat good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
More pics

https://ew.com/movies/captain-marve...e-reckoned-with

Oh?

quote:

The film sidesteps the traditional origin-story template, and when it begins, Carol already has her powers. She’s left her earthly life behind to join the elite military team Starforce on the Kree planet of Hala.

quote:

Lashana Lynch as Maria Rambeau

site fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 5, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I thought Wreck is Ralph 2 was about the Disney Princesses casual outfits

If they’re smart they’ll make a killing selling these.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Ok, those movie stills look infinitely better. Why do EW covers always look like poo poo?

[edit]

Sweet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Needs the Mohawk helmet, imo.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I second this motion

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I don't like the strip of blue going up the middle to her neck, feel like it'd be better just to stay red with the rest of her top part, but otherwise yeah, good costume.

teagone posted:

And the sash tbh.

:agreed:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

And the sash tbh.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

teagone posted:

Ok, those movie stills look infinitely better. Why do EW covers always look like poo poo?

[edit]

Sweet

Oooooo Korath the Pursuer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Oooooo Korath the Pursuer.

The guy with the hammer is Lee Pace/Ronan the Accuser. Also the rumor is that Jude Law is Mar-Vell and you see him in Kree costume in the pics.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This makes me so happy

Looks like Carol is part of some Kree squad lead my Mar-vel?

Skrulls!

I figure her origin will probably be told in flashbacks or maybe done in a cold open? You could get away with it in Spider-Man because everyone knows that, but Captain Marvel isn't a well known origin, hell its barely known among comics fans.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If they’re smart they’ll make a killing selling these.

EDIT: Yea, they're really well observed with what women actually were when given the choice of dressing themselves too. A lot of women I know are saying 'I have that exact outfit'.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 5, 2018

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
So, would Maria Rambeau be the mother of Monica, then?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

muscles like this! posted:

The guy with the hammer is Lee Pace/Ronan the Accuser. Also the rumor is that Jude Law is Mar-Vell and you see him in Kree costume in the pics.

Korath is the dude in Carol's group far left with the two swords or whatever on his back

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Rand Brittain posted:

So, would Maria Rambeau be the mother of Monica, then?

Explicitly so from what I've been seeing on the Twitter.

Also, goddamn, the Skrulls look really good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

muscles like this! posted:

Yes but Djimon Hounsou who is in the group with Marvel is Korath.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pubic works project posted:

Yes but Djimon Hounsou who is in the group with Marvel is Korath.

Its going to be great to see him and Ronan not as insane religious fanatics trying to kill everyone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Djimon, Djimon Honsou, Djimon is the champion

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm more hype for Skrulls and Korath than anything else really. Brie's cool I guess.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is one of the first times I've been hyped for a movie off pictures alone. All the Kree/Skrull stuff looks amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If she don't get that sash the whole movie is ruined.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Looks loving awesome and not the kind of story I expected.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Monica Rambeau being hinted for a future MCU movie is hype as gently caress

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Eh, I dunno about future movies. Considering she's that age in the '90s when this is set. Maybe she gets powers that make her not age? If not I wouldn't expect her popping up in future films.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Eh, I dunno about future movies. Considering she's that age in the '90s when this is set. Maybe she gets powers that make her not age? If not I wouldn't expect her popping up in future films.

Wait, someone just said that's her mom. Her name on the jet is Maria. Monica is off somewhere frying stray dogs in an alley.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

X-O posted:

That’s her mom in the 90s isn’t it. Not Monica herself. Monica is her daughter which would age her appropriately right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When do I start worrying that it's not going to do very well and this is the one that sinks the MCU :ohdear:

twistedmentat posted:

I figure her origin will probably be told in flashbacks or maybe done in a cold open? You could get away with it in Spider-Man because everyone knows that, but Captain Marvel isn't a well known origin, hell its barely known among comics fans.

From the article:

quote:

Directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, Captain Marvel sidesteps the traditional origin-story template, and when it begins, Carol already has her powers. She’s left her earthly life behind to join an elite Kree military team called Starforce, led by Jude Law’s enigmatic commander.

But before long, Carol finds herself back on Earth with new questions about her past. And she’s got a formidable enemy in the form of the Skrulls — the notorious Marvel baddies made all the more dangerous by their shape-shifting abilities. Ben Mendelsohn plays their leader Talos, who spearheads a Skrull invasion of Earth.

Speaking of Earth, Captain Marvel takes place in the mid-’90s, long before Steve Rogers was defrosted or Tony Stark built his first suit. That allows the film to introduce younger version of familiar Marvel faces — like Jackson’s Nick Fury, who’s still a two-eyed S.H.I.E.L.D. desk jockey — as well as let Carol carve out her own, unique space in the MCU.

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 5, 2018

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

zoux posted:

When do I start worrying that it's not going to do very well and this is the one that sinks the MCU :ohdear:

From the article:

Right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Avengers infinity war made over 2 billion dollars and ant man and the wasp made like 700 million I'm sure the MCU will be just fine.

• Locked thread