Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Dr. Stab posted:

That's some hosed up economics.
"If you decrease supply, the price will go up, so the supply will increase." - a real person

Actually, thinking about it some more, it's closer to "If you tax something, then that will stimulate production" which is basically the thing most incompatible with libertarianism imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ragnar34 posted:

And like white supremacists, I'm sure pedophiles aren't as rare as we prefer to think. Particularly since Western society sexualizes kids, in the advertising agency and so on.

Are pedophiles many because ads are sexualizing children; or are ads sexualizing children because pedophiles are many?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

How many liberals tried to justify it?

Zero, obviously. But he was the most recent Democratic politician to do the exact same things these pedophile-defending traitors are excusing right now, and he was rightly destroyed for it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Henry Payne remains the absolute dumbest motherfucker in this thread.

Not the worst or the most mean-spirited, but my God is he brainless.
He's not stupid. He's an evil loving turd of a human being, and knows exactly what's he's doing when he quietly omits Ailes and O'Reilly from his cartoons.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The McCoys and Branco are probably MORE evil than he is, but he is definitely evil as gently caress.

His lovely obsession with vroom vrooms above all else is what makes him come across as a complete knuckle-dragger.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean, you can argue they're all stupid, but they're not "forgetting" a goddamn thing when it comes to Republicans that have been named and shamed this year.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

It’s kinda admirable how well republicans close ranks to protect one of their own. They really do keep the eye on the prize at all times, whereas leftist solidarity collapses under the slightest whiff of something problematic.

I mean, at the end of they day they’re going on record defending pedophiles because they’re in the same party, which is monstrous, but the agenda they need his vote in the senate for is also monstrous, and it’s not like they’ll ever be punished for it by the electorate.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

man i miss my old feiffer collection

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Then away he'll schlep
on his elephant Shep
while Ivanka and Melania stay in step
wi-ith Don, Don, Donnie the Trumple

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Oh man this is ridiculous and funny.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, you can argue they're all stupid, but they're not "forgetting" a goddamn thing when it comes to Republicans that have been named and shamed this year.

I feel like we can come to an agreement here that it would be really funny if they all fell down a flight of stairs that had, like, 200 steps.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
If Payne doesn't go from Carbon Monoxide poisoning then he is not a true believer in the vroom vroom.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
So loving sick of hammer and sickle/any Soviet iconography being used as shorthand for Russia and hope that that will stop at least by the 2050's so I might be alive to see it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ularg posted:

Oh man this is ridiculous and funny.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Retromancer posted:

It’s kinda admirable how well republicans close ranks to protect one of their own. They really do keep the eye on the prize at all times, whereas leftist solidarity collapses under the slightest whiff of something problematic.

I mean, at the end of they day they’re going on record defending pedophiles because they’re in the same party, which is monstrous, but the agenda they need his vote in the senate for is also monstrous, and it’s not like they’ll ever be punished for it by the electorate.

They'll turn on someone mercilessly if they break ranks with orthodoxy. They just dont view this as a problem.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I don't remember what happened two weeks ago that inspired this cartoon.

Edit: I guess this must have been when the Russia investigation backfired on Democrats when it turned out Hillary was the one colluding with Russia. (Source: twitter.com/realdonaldtrump.)

Apple Pie Hubbub fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 13, 2017

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Cat Mattress posted:

Are pedophiles many because ads are sexualizing children; or are ads sexualizing children because pedophiles are many?

Kind of like how gratuitous nudity in movies was more than likely because they're all pervy directors and producers who just wanted an excuse to see famous womens' tits under the guise of "art".

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Courtship"" between adult men and teenage girls is not unheard of in evangelical society.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Just go gay Zelda, for the love of god.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

I don't remember what happened two weeks ago that inspired this cartoon.

Edit: I guess this must have been when the Russia investigation backfired on Democrats when it turned out Hillary was the one colluding with Russia. (Source: twitter.com/realdonaldtrump.)

It's like talking to someone who's slowly making their way through a popular TV show, and they're about to watch the huge spoiler episode.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
IIRC Carlos Danger's reputation was already in tatters for years for creeping on adult women before anyone found out he was sexting a teenage girl last year.

Which is what he's in jail for.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Animorphs reboot looking good.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Stiglich posted:

Philadelphia has elected a guy who has sued the Police Dept. more than 75 times to be its next District Attorney.
holding police accountable, is bad

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

So loving sick of hammer and sickle/any Soviet iconography being used as shorthand for Russia and hope that that will stop at least by the 2050's so I might be alive to see it.

Yeah but it's one of those things that goes unnoticed when it's not used, so it will only draw your attention when it's misused. It will only pop up here and there to piss you off, but you'll never be vindicated if it stops being misused.

It's lose-lose.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nationalize Facebook. A Good Cartoon.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Trogdos! posted:

holding police accountable, is bad

Who's Tankelewicz? When I google him, I keep getting pages about police brutality/executions in Philly, but for some reason they mention people like Yeager and his name isn't even in the article.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is indeed a stance taken by more than one prominent* libertarian political candidate, including one of the frontrunners for their 2008 presidential nomination.

f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

This is probably the hardest I've laughed at a cartoon in this thread, including edits. I want this framed on my wall

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

T-man posted:

She's following a man.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

T-man posted:

Are you saying sexual orientation is a choice?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

Isnt she bi? Either way I guess she can’t help who she’s attracted to so it’s neither here nor there.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Cat Mattress posted:

It is when you're a fictional character.

Not your choice, but it's someone's choice.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I don't recall ever seeing her showing any bisexual tendencies, she's always acted fully heterosexual..

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I too think that giant social media companies owned by an outrageously wealthy billionaire are a good representation of communism.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Fulchrum posted:

I don't recall ever seeing her showing any bisexual tendencies, she's always acted fully heterosexual..

There was a strip where she was conflicted about her sexuality because she wanted to call herself bisexual, but she only ever slept with one woman and seems to overwhelmingly prefer men.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Axetrain posted:

I too think that giant social media companies owned by an outrageously wealthy billionaire are a good representation of communism.

Do you not get the joke or are you objecting to the hammer and sickle being used as shorthand for Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

Do you not get the joke or are you objecting to the hammer and sickle being used as shorthand for Russia?

The latter, it bugs me people still use it for Putin's Russia.

• Locked thread