Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

canyoneer posted:

I just clowned on a guy on TTS with rebel alpha list. Guy dropped after Wedge produced 4 crits with a proton torpedo vs. a 1 agility ship.
Wedge is the best :allears:

I used to fly Jan + Wedge + Biggs for that 5 die alpha at range 3. Really came to love the proton torpedo ability, made such a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My favorite part was that his Thane Kyrell had locked Wedge with M9-G8 and forced a reroll on one of the crits.
It rerolled into a crit again.

Guy just GG'd and dropped the game.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Look at the loving dial

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

"good at low speeds but otherwise sucks"

*gives it 2 and 3 white hard turns*

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

overdesigned posted:

"good at low speeds but otherwise sucks"

*gives it 2 and 3 white hard turns*

3 reds, which are 1 speed hard turns and stop.

9 greens, all the banks and 1-3 speed straight. 4 white, the afore mentioned hard turns.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

In which the author has 0 understanding of how auxiliary arcs work.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I wish I had friends who played this game because I have zero interest in tournament play.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lots of tournament players like to fly casual. Just bring your spaceships to a game night or something at your FLGS and ask another grown up with toy ships for a friendly dog fight or two.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

thespaceinvader posted:

In which the author has 0 understanding of how auxiliary arcs work.

There's a way to do what he wants - the special firing arc on the ghost sets a precedent - but it's not what he's doing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

yronic heroism posted:

I wish I had friends who played this game because I have zero interest in tournament play.

I have friends who play, but they're all back in Michigan, so I'm going to drive two hours to Memphis tomorrow for a tourney I saw on Facebook because I need my fix :shepicide: I was going to go anyway to check out the Civil Rights Museum but that's not as funny

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Lots of tournament players like to fly casual. Just bring your spaceships to a game night or something at your FLGS and ask another grown up with toy ships for a friendly dog fight or two.

Even making it to a FLGS with a player base is a hassle for me, sadly, but my toys sure do look pretty when I don't hide them from company.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

yronic heroism posted:

Vassal or TTS.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

So I've been playing a lot of tabletop simulator recently which is just awesome. I love this game and between working full time and with family responsibilities, I don't get to get out and play as much as I'd like. So it's really great to pop into an online game at any time of day and find an opponent.

I've noticed a few interesting things in opponents' lists, both regarding Boba Fett.
One is to run extra munitions on Nym with Bomblet Generator, which seems nonsensical. It's actually a great idea, because it provides 2 points of insurance against losing bomblet generator to an enemy's Boba Fett. Very clever.
The other was a party bossk with Advanced Homing Missiles and Boba Fett crew. It was a pretty slick combo because he was able to practically guarantee he could make it hit and pull off an upgrade if he gets a low agility ship at range 2 in Bossk's giant arc. The guy pulled off Miranda's TLT which was tough to come back from, practically halved her offense and stunted regen.

Another guy had a really fun Snap Wexley build, with a TLT/Bomblet Miranda plus a cruise missile Bandit. Snap had PTL, AT, R2 Astromech, and Pattern Analyzer. It was pretty versatile, and he was able to maneuver around pretty nicely with the free boost and had a lot of green on his dial to clear PTL stress. Flipping around with a t-roll or k-turn and then boosting and taking a focus or target lock was a slick move.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I gotta say i love these downtime periods wheres theres no tournaments in sight. Im flying nothing but jank for the forseeable future and i love it.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Broken Egg Games has those metallic X-Wing tokens shipping now: http://www.brokenegggames.com/enhancements/starwarsgaming.html

The website's pictures don't do them justice. I definitely like the Imperial and Scum ones more than the Rebel. The Rebel ones have a mirrored metal on them, while the Imperial and Scum are more matte.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

canyonero posted:

Broken Egg Games has those metallic X-Wing tokens shipping now: http://www.brokenegggames.com/enhancements/starwarsgaming.html

The website's pictures don't do them justice. I definitely like the Imperial and Scum ones more than the Rebel. The Rebel ones have a mirrored metal on them, while the Imperial and Scum are more matte.

Yeah, they are awesome. Are you local to Phoenix? I've seen Zee bringing prototypes of them to open play nights for the last few months

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
So the theme for this month's wacky tournament at my FLGS is you can mix Scum and Imperials or Scum and Rebels and all the Scum-only cards are fair game.

I'm planning to do Imperials+Scum and I'm trying to see if there are any interesting combos.

I've come up with
Defenders + TIE/SFs with Mindlink
Boba and Kylo crew +/- Palp

Nothing else seems terribly effective and I would rather not fly pure scum if I can help it.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I would try some sort of Scum Nym with Bomblet and Cad Bane along with Kanan Jarrus with Rey and the Gonk, along with TLT's and reinforced shields for extra aggrivation.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'd fly two giant bricks loaded with as much auto damage and bullshit tricks as possible

(100)

•Rear Admiral Chiraneau (60) - VT-49 Decimator
Veteran Instincts (1), •Dengar (3), •4-LOM (1), •Kylo Ren (3), •Dauntless (2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Trandoshan Slaver (40) - YV-666
Gunner (5), •Darth Vader (3), •Rebel Captive (3)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

So I've been playing a lot of tabletop simulator recently which is just awesome. I love this game and between working full time and with family responsibilities, I don't get to get out and play as much as I'd like. So it's really great to pop into an online game at any time of day and find an opponent.

I've noticed a few interesting things in opponents' lists, both regarding Boba Fett.
One is to run extra munitions on Nym with Bomblet Generator, which seems nonsensical. It's actually a great idea, because it provides 2 points of insurance against losing bomblet generator to an enemy's Boba Fett. Very clever.
The other was a party bossk with Advanced Homing Missiles and Boba Fett crew. It was a pretty slick combo because he was able to practically guarantee he could make it hit and pull off an upgrade if he gets a low agility ship at range 2 in Bossk's giant arc. The guy pulled off Miranda's TLT which was tough to come back from, practically halved her offense and stunted regen.

Another guy had a really fun Snap Wexley build, with a TLT/Bomblet Miranda plus a cruise missile Bandit. Snap had PTL, AT, R2 Astromech, and Pattern Analyzer. It was pretty versatile, and he was able to maneuver around pretty nicely with the free boost and had a lot of green on his dial to clear PTL stress. Flipping around with a t-roll or k-turn and then boosting and taking a focus or target lock was a slick move.

It's clever but two points to ensure against a card almost never used is overkill, and that build to pull off an upgrade is great - but you have to gte range 2 arc with a PS7-to-9 ship. Miranda should NEVER have been caught by that.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

FenZukiggs

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

ConfusedUs posted:

I'd fly two giant bricks loaded with as much auto damage and bullshit tricks as possible

(100)

Veteran Instincts (1), •Dengar (3), •4-LOM (1), •Kylo Ren (3), •Dauntless (2), Engine Upgrade (4)

Jesus Christ.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Biggs Fenn Serissu and Lowhhrick.
With mindlink.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

ConfusedUs posted:

(100)

How the hell do you come up with these lists?!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

thespaceinvader posted:

Biggs Fenn Serissu and Lowhhrick.
With mindlink.

Eh. To give Biggs mindlink you would need to give him EPT Droid over damage reducer. As well he wouldn't benefit being lowest ps.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

(100)

Ahaha, win or lose that game is over in 15-20 minutes.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

How the hell do you come up with these lists?!

It's a gift?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Ahaha, win or lose that game is over in 15-20 minutes.

Yes. Yes it would be.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I think I may change my answer to this

(99)

•Dengar (39) - JumpMaster 5000
•A Score To Settle (0), •Darth Vader (3), •R5-P8 (3)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Uh, can't have two Dengars? Probably?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Uh yeah that's a problem.

So lets go back to the original

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That said, Dengar with Vader is hilarious.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Gonna die amazingly quickly though.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kanan Biggs won Canadian nationals

So if you werent sick of that list before...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I'd rather play literally anything else, to the point that I've conceded instantly at league nights and monthly tourneys.

People complain about bombs and mindlink and Nym, but at least you have CHOICES when playing those.

With K/B both players can simply play by flowchart.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Is it just that the list absorbs tons of damage while eroding the opponent in the least fun way possible?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Yeah its like if you took fairship rebels and just mushed all the non biggs ships together in a blob.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

I played Dengar Nym heavy munitions this past store champ season and was pumped to play against K/B. Playing against it without missiles is horrible undoubtedly, but Biggs got out of hand here and every list I would make would be to get around him. I loved dropping that list onto rebel squadrons and watching their hopes dashed immediately.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

Kanan Biggs won Canadian nationals

So if you werent sick of that list before...

That dude got absurdly lucky in some of those top 16 matchups. I don't know what his top 16 opponent had, but his top 8 match was vs. a Dash/Miranda. Miranda gets eaten badly by double TLT shots, and Dash's HLC is actually a liability vs. R4-D6 Biggs.
Kanan/Biggs SHOULD have lost that top 4 match against 4 ship rebels, but his opponent was trying to be a gentleman or something and, while ahead on points, tried to go in for the by turning in a 1 hull Jess to engage an 8 hull Kanan instead of running out the clock and winning. The mind boggles.
Then of course, in the finals, his opponent trades Rey for 4 shields on Kanan. That's an unwinnable match for Rey and Miranda, even from the beginning. The whole game lasted 7 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I'd rather play literally anything else, to the point that I've conceded instantly at league nights and monthly tourneys.

People complain about bombs and mindlink and Nym, but at least you have CHOICES when playing those.

With K/B both players can simply play by flowchart.

That is why I never feel bad about playing tons of ordnance and bombs. Killing Ghost in 2 turns or that magical one turn is worth it. Same goes for any bloody Biggs list.

Somehow I am around 6-0 against it in tournaments in the last year.

• Locked thread