Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loki42
Oct 11, 2002

I have lived the ramen!

zombieman posted:

Brotherhood Of The Wolf:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237534/

YES! You're the awesomest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

I'm trying to identify a movie I read about - the scene I recall was an antagonist in a forest tearing down many exact copies of something in disbelief that the protagonist has the magical power to create all of these copies, he keeps tearing them down till he is satisfied, the at the end of the scene you see that there are only a few more exact copies left, and the protagonist barely avoided failure. I originally thought it was the 'The Illusionist', then I thought it was 'The Prestige' as each were illusion-related movies, but alas it is not either. I thought it was a pretty recent movie.

Anyone have any idea what movie this could be?

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

I have one as well! It was i guess a 90's western about a group of gunslingers who met in a town where they had shootouts to the death for all the gold or something! I remember in the last scene a woman gunslinger and the male bad guy having the final duel and her winning because of the click that the clock made before it struck noon

I don't even think it was a particularly good film It just bugs me I cant remember what it was

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Mr Owl posted:

I have one as well! It was i guess a 90's western about a group of gunslingers who met in a town where they had shootouts to the death for all the gold or something! I remember in the last scene a woman gunslinger and the male bad guy having the final duel and her winning because of the click that the clock made before it struck noon

I don't even think it was a particularly good film It just bugs me I cant remember what it was

I haven't seen it, but I bet it's The Quick and the Dead.

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

FitFortDanga posted:

I haven't seen it, but I bet it's The Quick and the Dead.

it is! thanks :)

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Ape Agitator posted:

You're likely looking for the creatively titled "Revenge for a Rape".

Wow, This looks like it might actually be it. Now to find a copy of an obscure 1976 made for tv movie that never was released on dvd...

Thanks!

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
Here's one for a friend. She's looking for an animated film, possibly from the late 80s or early 90s, about a boy who is trapped in his dreams or a dreamworld of some sort. There are repeated scenes in which he wakes up in his room only to discover that he is still dreaming. In one such scene, he wakes up to find his room completely filled with water. She also remembers there being what she thinks were nightmares that were black goo-like creatures with red glowing eyes and moved like flowing lava.

The plot may have been about the boy trying to defeat his nightmares.

Any ideas?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

Here's one for a friend. She's looking for an animated film, possibly from the late 80s or early 90s, about a boy who is trapped in his dreams or a dreamworld of some sort. There are repeated scenes in which he wakes up in his room only to discover that he is still dreaming. In one such scene, he wakes up to find his room completely filled with water. She also remembers there being what she thinks were nightmares that were black goo-like creatures with red glowing eyes and moved like flowing lava.

The plot may have been about the boy trying to defeat his nightmares.

Any ideas?

Might have been Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland.

Yeah, judging by the trailer, I'm gonna say it's that: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3717595417/

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
That's the one. Thanks The Cameo.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
Well I've got two more. I'm guessing this one will be fairly simple: A drop of blood hits this greek island where no blood can be spilled and it sinks into the ocean. The king of the island is blinded with disbelief and sinks with it. I think its a story of a man who travels around, it might be the Odyssey or something iunno, I just don't remember that story in the Odyssey, it could be something like Gulliver's travels too. Thats all that really comes to mind.

The second one might be a little bit harder: It was an old jap ninja flick or something. The two scenes I remember are is the main dude is fighting on a wooden plank type bridge and ninjas on opisite sides on water skis try to catch him in a net. Later on after defeating those ninjas he comes to a different area where ninjas are popping up out of the sand. Our main hero ends up with a bladed pogo stick and goes hopping around killing ninjas under the sand.

Props to anyone who can help me with these ;o

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

Well I've got two more. I'm guessing this one will be fairly simple: A drop of blood hits this greek island where no blood can be spilled and it sinks into the ocean. The king of the island is blinded with disbelief and sinks with it. I think its a story of a man who travels around, it might be the Odyssey or something iunno, I just don't remember that story in the Odyssey, it could be something like Gulliver's travels too. Thats all that really comes to mind.

Erik the Viking.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

MAJOR STRYkER posted:

The second one might be a little bit harder: It was an old jap ninja flick or something. The two scenes I remember are is the main dude is fighting on a wooden plank type bridge and ninjas on opisite sides on water skis try to catch him in a net. Later on after defeating those ninjas he comes to a different area where ninjas are popping up out of the sand. Our main hero ends up with a bladed pogo stick and goes hopping around killing ninjas under the sand.

Definitely not it, but this should satisfy your desires for ninjas popping out of the stand in the mean time:
Ninja in the Dragon's Den (1982)

Gobeachfrog
Jan 30, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Some french movie in north africa. A man blames a Doctor for his wifes death and lures him into the desert to kill him. Also some asian movie Starring chow yun fat? where he has a swordfight but instead of swords it is chainsaws.

Flynner Magee
Nov 24, 2005
.....bad craziness.....

Gobeachfrog posted:

Also some asian movie Starring chow yun fat? where he has a swordfight but instead of swords it is chainsaws.

Tiger on the Beat
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095491/

Gobeachfrog
Jan 30, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Flynner Magee posted:

Tiger on the Beat
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095491/

yeah thats it thank you

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
I remember a scene from some mid-late 90s crime movie, where one of the henchmen is walking up the stairs in a foyer with a gun out. He trips and somehow falls directly on the gun so it shoots him through the forehead. That's really all I can remember.

It was a bald guy I think.

Flynner Magee
Nov 24, 2005
.....bad craziness.....
Sounds like Out of Sight
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120780/

yum meatballs!
Jan 21, 2004

Yea Bitches
im looking for a movie that has a group of college teachers and they are celebrating the main teachers leaving. they all gather around the camp fire and begin to discuss things like religion. this is where the poo poo hits the fan because this dude said he was Jesus and he will throw the religion stuff on its head.

it also has a major twist in it that happens in the end.

please tell me this movie title plllllllz

Rusty Listerine
Feb 10, 2004
the H in Jesus H. Christ is for Harold??.....that's right, it's Jesus Harry Christ.

yum meatballs! posted:

im looking for a movie that has a group of college teachers and they are celebrating the main teachers leaving. they all gather around the camp fire and begin to discuss things like religion. this is where the poo poo hits the fan because this dude said he was Jesus and he will throw the religion stuff on its head.

it also has a major twist in it that happens in the end.

please tell me this movie title plllllllz

Sounds like "The Man From Earth".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

yum meatballs!
Jan 21, 2004

Yea Bitches

Rusty Listerine posted:

Sounds like "The Man From Earth".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

thanks, thats it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I've had a couple of scenes from a movie stuck in my head for a while. I don't remember a lot about it or who the actors were, but people are discussing the fate of a Huey helicopter and depending on who is asked they get conflicting viewpoints. Anyone know??

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Two Finger posted:

I've had a couple of scenes from a movie stuck in my head for a while. I don't remember a lot about it or who the actors were, but people are discussing the fate of a Huey helicopter and depending on who is asked they get conflicting viewpoints. Anyone know??

Basic?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nah, that's not it. The people they are asking saw the helicopter go down and I remember one line as being something about 'that Huey was still banging away', and the guy is quite sure about it because it's using an M60 that he says doesn't sound like any other weapon. I want to say it's set around the time of Vietnam or Korea, but I'm not certain.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Two Finger posted:

Nah, that's not it. The people they are asking saw the helicopter go down and I remember one line as being something about 'that Huey was still banging away', and the guy is quite sure about it because it's using an M60 that he says doesn't sound like any other weapon. I want to say it's set around the time of Vietnam or Korea, but I'm not certain.

Haven't seen it in 10 years and I don't remember much of it, but could it be Courage Under Fire?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

That sounds like it! Thanks.

oceanside
Nov 4, 2009
A friend mentioned a movie he thought I'd like but couldn't himself remember the name of it. He described it as "with a guy carrying his dead uncle in a carpet across the country, and it gets stolen".

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Asking for a friend, the details he provided:

80's movie, set in a castle, people are trying to get to a treasure, the rooms are boobie-trapped, people die.

Basically it's Cube in a castle.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I am trying to flood a friend with shity b horror movies. Most of the stuff I have been finding for have been poo poo from the masters of horror or stuff I saw when I worked at a video rental.

What I am trying to find right now is a movie that's like teeth but made in the 80s and of course with over the top nude scenes. Basic story was about a hooker who well she ate guys with her vagina. Any one have the name of it? I use to know it but no idea any more.

Edit found it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0366894/
Penetration Angst

Darth Freddy fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Dec 22, 2009

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
I'm trying to remember this movie that was semi-recent. The main character works in an office of some kind, and his boss keeps talking about the women he hosed in the rear end and all the women that walk by the office and how he'd gently caress them in the rear end. Anyone remember what movie this is?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Adaptation? Ron Livingston would be the assfucker in question.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

morestuff posted:

Adaptation?

Just came back here to post that it just spontaneously came to me that the guy was Ron Livingston, and after a quick IMDB, yes, it was Adaptation. Thanks!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
edit: nm, I'm wrong

CHOICE COD
Mar 11, 2007
Sometimes I'll eat money. Just to do it. Just to see how it feels. It feels good, it feels powerful.

oceanside posted:

A friend mentioned a movie he thought I'd like but couldn't himself remember the name of it. He described it as "with a guy carrying his dead uncle in a carpet across the country, and it gets stolen".

Bal-Can-Can
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369258/

oceanside
Nov 4, 2009

CHOICE COD posted:

Bal-Can-Can
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369258/

Thanks! I'll ask him if that's it but regardless, it looks like a good movie.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I am having the hardest time remembering a movie I watched as a child.

It had a group of stalwart kids who made themselves a space ship and met some aliens and then at one point the ship got eaten up by the mommy ship then THAT ship got eaten up by the daddy ship which was enormous in comparison to the ship the kids made.

That's all I can remember from the movie :(

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Hung Yuri posted:

I am having the hardest time remembering a movie I watched as a child.

It had a group of stalwart kids who made themselves a space ship and met some aliens and then at one point the ship got eaten up by the mommy ship then THAT ship got eaten up by the daddy ship which was enormous in comparison to the ship the kids made.

That's all I can remember from the movie :(

Explorers, 1985.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089114/maindetails

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This one is a horror movie or suspense or something, I can't place when it was made. (late 90s?)

basically this family moves into a house, and a ghost of some teenage girl is haunting them, appears on the tv, in the basement, etc. eventually she writes the word dig, the father of the family tears up his front yard to no avail, and realizes that he had to "dig" into the basement wall. he finds the body.

anyone?

e: vvvvvvv jesus christ that was fast

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Dec 27, 2009

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

dusty udder smoker posted:

This one is a horror movie or suspense or something, I can't place when it was made. (late 90s?)

basically this family moves into a house, and a ghost of some teenage girl is haunting them, appears on the tv, in the basement, etc. eventually she writes the word dig, the father of the family tears up his front yard to no avail, and realizes that he had to "dig" into the basement wall. he finds the body.

anyone?

Stir Of Echoes with Kevin Bacon

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Ok I have another question, there was a tv show that was played around the time of reading rainbow, and lambchops and stuff and it was all about kids making music and thats all I can remember

it had to be at least over 10 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Hung Yuri posted:

Ok I have another question, there was a tv show that was played around the time of reading rainbow, and lambchops and stuff and it was all about kids making music and thats all I can remember

it had to be at least over 10 years ago

Kids Incorporated, maybe?