Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

2005 supercharged Elise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hello Spaceman posted:

And now for something different.

I stare at this every day. It has a green light. It rules.

It's attached to the steering column of this:

Which has this stupid-looking rear end.

RenaultSport Twingo 133. Same car Clarkson drove into the Irish sea. Well, not this one.

I like the shape of the new Twingo a lot. Do you have a better picture of the ricer-tach, though?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

sadnessboner posted:

Expanded the fleet in the last few weeks

1984 Statesman Caprice

Cool old Caprice. Those ones always looked good, just sad that Holden stuck with the HQ-HZ slab dashboard in them, rather than updating the interior as well as the exterior at the same time. I guess with having to keep the HQ Stateman doors, they had to keep other parts of the HQ in it.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

kimbo305 posted:

I like the shape of the new Twingo a lot. Do you have a better picture of the ricer-tach, though?

You choose: I whip out my artsy lenses and take a photo or I just get one of the press photos on my hard drive and post that instead.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Hello Spaceman posted:

You choose: I whip out my artsy lenses and take a photo or I just get one of the press photos on my hard drive and post that instead.

Well if you get a stock photo then you fall into the "I suck AI, hurrr I'd drive the poo poo outa that" crew.

OR

You get them artsy lenses and be awesome and take a photo for the poor guy of your car, this time show the green light thing you mentioned.

I like the Twingo but with those basic shapes they (or any manufacturer really) just can't do much with the rear end of them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Wait is the Renaultsport model the one with the pause, stop, play pedals? Definitely get some real pictures.

Dogtanian
Jan 31, 2007

This space intentionally left blank

Comrade Flynn posted:

2005 supercharged Elise

Yes yes yes. God drat I bet that's a riot to drive.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Tindjin posted:

Well if you get a stock photo then you fall into the "I suck AI, hurrr I'd drive the poo poo outa that" crew.

OR

You get them artsy lenses and be awesome and take a photo for the poor guy of your car, this time show the green light thing you mentioned.

I like the Twingo but with those basic shapes they (or any manufacturer really) just can't do much with the rear end of them.

Okay, okay. I'll get the camera out tomorrow and take proper photos.
In the mean time, you can enjoy this short film I shot, produced and directed, to see that green light in action. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okt_4HMwcjs

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

Hello Spaceman posted:

Okay, okay. I'll get the camera out tomorrow and take proper photos.
In the mean time, you can enjoy this short film I shot, produced and directed, to see that green light in action. :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okt_4HMwcjs

Ahh that's awesome. Also 80mph in 3rd is pretty dang good for a small car/engine plus the sound is niiice.

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Hello Spaceman posted:

And now for something different.

I stare at this every day. It has a green light. It rules.

It's attached to the steering column of this:

Which has this stupid-looking rear end.

RenaultSport Twingo 133. Same car Clarkson drove into the Irish sea. Well, not this one.

Excellent looking car. This is probably my least favorite thing about living stateside. We don't get a lot of the neat French and Italian cars :(

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Terminally Pretty posted:

- and the new z4 looks like a woman's pleasure toy - since it WAS designed by a womerns!!

Why does everyone keep saying this?

The Original E85 Z4 was designed by Danish BMW-designer Anders Warming.
Anders is not a woman, i assure you.

Hermansen fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Aug 16, 2010

SwashedBuckles
Aug 10, 2007

Have at you!

Hermansen posted:

They're talking about the E89. There was an article in one of the major U.S. magazines (C&D or R&T I think) that talked about it being designed by two women, but I can't for the life of me remember who they were.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
Ah, my mistake :P But in all fairness, he did post a pic of the E85 when the discussion began.
Wikipedia says: The new roadster features a completely revamped interior, designed by Nadya Arnaout, and exterior, designed by Juliane Blasi.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Just bought a '99 Jeep Cherokee and took a terrible photo of it:

It's lifted a couple inches and running big 31" tires which is just about the limit of what you'd want to live with day to day but still be capable of off-road fun.

And the other car, an '05 Pontiac GTO. I'll be sad to drive this less but the Cherokee's 4 liter engine has a surprising amount of power. The goat will be the weekend and fun car while the Cherokee is driven daily and off-roaded.

America (and Australia), gently caress yeah! :patriot:

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Aug 17, 2010

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

mod sassinator posted:

It's lifted a couple inches and running big 31" tires which is just about the limit of what you'd want to live with day to day but still be capable of off-road fun.

Looking at the pictures it looks like the limit you'd want to hit a speed bump at speed without ripping a fender off. Basically a freeway flyer that may go into mud because an actual trail ride would shred the body work due to lack of flex and adding big tires.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Toucan Sam posted:

Looking at the pictures it looks like the limit you'd want to hit a speed bump at speed without ripping a fender off. Basically a freeway flyer that may go into mud because an actual trail ride would shred the body work due to lack of flex and adding big tires.

It's on factory rims with stock backspacing so there's actually a lot of fender clearance (apparently will only rub fenders at extremes of articulation). The problem is that the tires rub the lower control arms at the limits of steering. I'm looking at swapping in either aftermarket or grand cherokee control arms that have a bend to them and allow the full range of motion without rubbing.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
It looks close, maybe the shots are deceiving but actual articulation looks to tear a flare right off.

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009

Feel free to post pictures of your R all day long - it's awesome to see one in such clean condition with no rice.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I really like how the facelift round-light front looks, much more unique than the Japanese one

Not my car but my younger brothers Jap import 96-spec for comparison

Daily driven and parked outside so its much, much less tidy (the cellphone pic hides it well)

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
For the white Integra trifecta here is my rusty riced-out 1995 Integra. I think I posted it earlier in this thread but since then I have:

Tinted the windows
Put in seats from a 1993 Honda Civic del Sol
Lowered the car on Koni shocks, Skunk2 springs, and some ebay aluminum lower control arms

The car is an SE model so it has the GS-R wheels and suspension, but a base LS motor. It is a 5-speed.

Click here for the full 1950x706 image.

Click here for the full 1894x1054 image.

Click here for the full 1544x972 image.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Took some photos of the car today. Figured I'd better get it in pictures before the rust finally eats it all away ...

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Hermansen posted:

I was referring to the 2010 Z4 Nadya Arnaout and Juliane Blasi, both designed the exterior - I know the olderZ4 was "man" made but this new 2010 model is strictly lady business heehee!

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande
Grand Tetons, Wyoming.

I neglected to take a picture of it when a new Mazda 3i parked next to me in Yellowstone. It was hard not to laugh with it's :haw: compared to my :geno:

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
:)

Xeno fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 22, 2013

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Xeno posted:

The Car Holds Up To High Reputation
For On-road Drifting.
It Enjoys A High Level Of Design

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish I had a Ferrari.
Or even just a Ferrari to take photographs of.
Are you trying to drift it properly or just arsing about?

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
One could smell the clutch
Whats it like with new chav money?
Someone let me sell drugs

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Hatebreed posted:

ePenis Envy :)

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

Xeno posted:

Some arsing around in car park shots:

The rear: Impala?
The front screams bad JDM
Driver needs hairplugs.

:effort:

I dunno, I just wanted to play too. :(

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

ssh posted:

Driver needs hairplugs.
Driver needs Ferrari to combat receding hairline :)

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Xeno posted:

This should work, actually. You can tell people it's not receding, it just got temporarily pushed back when you took your car up past 200 mph.

\/\/\/ I think it's implied that after arsing around the lot for a bit, he could take it to a track with nice warmed-up tires.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 21, 2010

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Cause that's what he's doing in that parking lot.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Hatebreed posted:

Shittiest haiku ever.

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

Xeno posted:

It could be a lot worse than trying to outrun a midlife crisis. Buddy of mine lost his gf of a decade, and thus decided to get a used lambo and start working out, listening to lovely pop music, and most recently, 'body tanning'.

I'm fully expecting him to have a boyfriend with a Miata next week. Your car purrty. The rear end does make me think of an Impala, though. :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ssh posted:

It could be a lot worse than trying to outrun a midlife crisis. Buddy of mine lost his gf of a decade, and thus decided to get a used lambo and start working out, listening to lovely pop music, and most recently, 'body tanning'.

Besides the lovely pop music, there's nothing really wrong with any of that. Life is short, do what you wanna do. People put too much emphasis on the midlife crisis poo poo because they refuse to admit that having one is just a release from probably 20 years of doing what someone else wanted/s and not living for yourself enough. I mean, what else is he gonna do, buy a used volvo, get fatter, and be depressed? If improving his image is something he wants to do to help him feel better about himself, who gives a gently caress. Even if he decides that the self improvement sucks, he's still got a fun car out of it.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Naky posted:

what else is he gonna do, buy a used volvo, get fatter, and be depressed?

Works for me!

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

Naky posted:

:words:

I wasn't insinuating anything here other than a complete change of one's personality in an attempt to reclaim misspent youth seems fairly, uh, futile. It's my 15th year graduation this year, and I really couldn't give a poo poo less - however, it is fairly depressing to think that BTTF is now 25 years old.

I own SAABs, the way the rest of the world appears to work is strange to me. v:v:v

LloydDobler posted:

Works for me!

:mmmhmm:

Sweet lord I abuse emoticons quite a bit these days.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
:)

Xeno fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 22, 2013

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Xeno posted:

Me and some other 'chavs' and 'midlife crisis' people this morning :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abuSm14jD6E
430 Scuderia, F355, Lotus Esprit, Maserati 3200 and my 360 :)

Back end of a CS and another 360 there too.

Nice to see you can drive better than Ronaldo through those tunnels:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Here's my new car.

Boring, but I love it.