Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well you can't seem to link a picture in your post, so it's possible that the problem is that you're really dumb.

Edit: Here are the forums by the way.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Aug 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I've never, ever had any isues with Trion's account system. In fact, it's one of the best account management systems I've seen. I really have no idea what's happening to you but try putting a ticket in at https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

KaneTW posted:

I've never, ever had any isues with Trion's account system. In fact, it's one of the best account management systems I've seen. I really have no idea what's happening to you but try putting a ticket in at https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask

Bad post here.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 27, 2013

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
No, just give up now. I mean, you're the first person in the history of this thread to have any problems like this, so I guess that's proof that Trion employs monkeys and can't do poo poo ever. Get out while you still can, mouthfrothingly angry dude.

Johnson79
Sep 4, 2004
EDIT: My point is.. nevermind. See above^

Johnson79 fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 25, 2013

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

Yes I have posted in here already, what is your point exactly?
Bad post here.

goldjas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 27, 2013

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

goldjas posted:

But I'd really like to at least see what this Rift's game is like, so maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow or Monday depending on when they have people working and usch.

I logged in just fine and my characters were still there. I'm going to have to go with the problem being that you're a mouthbreathing fuckwit.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

goldjas posted:

Yes I have posted in here already, what is your point exactly?

Edit: Let's all be honest here, I'm a programmer myself, and I'm sure the problem is that their Defiance >- Rifts code is just hosed, because it probably almost never happens(and god knows, at least where I work, if something almost never happens, you pretty much never work on it, this isn't uncommon). I just happened to try it...and it broke, and that's all there is to say here.

But I'd really like to at least see what this Rift's game is like, so maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow or Monday depending on when they have people working and usch.

That's some sick debugging skills you have there, can I hire you?
Seriously, put a loving support ticket in.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

goldjas posted:

Should I just give up and assume that the Rift/Defiance devs are just loving worthless,

this is a pretty good assumption to make

im pretty sure the disappearing character thing is a known visual bug and the character reappears later. either that or you're looking at the wrong shard. either way you could have just played a guest account up to 20 or contacted a gm if your character was actually deleted but considering that level 8 takes less than half an hour after you've done it the first time restoring it would take longer than re-leveling.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I am guessing that you logged in using the guest feature maybe?

Haha I just saw your post in the general discussion rift forum.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

shut up gelly posted:

this is a pretty good assumption to make

im pretty sure the disappearing character thing is a known visual bug and the character reappears later. either that or you're looking at the wrong shard. either way you could have just played a guest account up to 20 or contacted a gm if your character was actually deleted but considering that level 8 takes less than half an hour after you've done it the first time restoring it would take longer than re-leveling.

It's less about level 8 being quick or whatever and more about being afraid any character I make ever will just be deleted/ nonexistent like my current ones are. Also, if it is showing incorrectly...what do i do to make it show correctly? I've already made a support ticket, so here we are.

And yes, I did post my issue on the forums, since that's what they are for.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

goldjas posted:

Well, I've actually tried this already and it just sits on Continue.. forever on the support thing.

Was this just a bad day to randomly try this? Everything seems to be honestly just completely hosed and not working at all. I mean, I get that MMO developers generally aren't super great, but this is just kind of ridiculous, I really have no options to even play here. I guess I could make an entirely new e-mail account and try an entirely new thing or whatever, but god knows what that could gently caress up if my current account is already loving up this bad?

It's literally just you. I've never seen a complaint even remotely like yours.

Are you using anything like NoScript that could be loving up webpages unintentionally?

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

goldjas posted:

Rift's: once
Rifts: once
rifts: three times
RIFT: once
RIFTs: twice
Rifsts: once
Rift: once
RIFTS: once

Are you sure you're playing the right game? :laugh:

The change password link you arrived at is a broken link, so however you got to that, it isn't the right page. This is: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account/profile/change-password-flow.action

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

goldjas posted:

It's less about level 8 being quick or whatever and more about being afraid any character I make ever will just be deleted/ nonexistent like my current ones are. Also, if it is showing incorrectly...what do i do to make it show correctly? I've already made a support ticket, so here we are.

And yes, I did post my issue on the forums, since that's what they are for.

I seriously hope you don't play. You're already annoying as poo poo.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
I play both Defiance and Rifts/RIFT/RIFTS/RIFTs/Rifs just fine using a single Trion username/password combination.

When loging in to Riff, and you see an empty character list instead of freaking the gently caress out and wordshitting all over us, hit the 'shard' button and make sure you have the right server selected first. Sometimes if a server goes down or you can't connect to one it connects you to another one.

ritf

edit: if you're a programmer, use your debugging skills here come on now

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 26, 2013

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'm just impressed with the vitriol.

At least Trion gives you your confirmation code/account info/lets you play the game, unlike Square Enix.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm pretty sure he was high while making those posts.

Also, preorder at Amazon not SE. SE's infrastructure is royally hosed.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

goldjas posted:

So like is this game just completely broken and unplayable? I mean, that's cool if it is, I'll just ignore it's existence then, but all I wanted to do was create an account, so I used my old Defiance account...and everything was compeletely hosed. I made a character, logged out. and like 3 hours later, logged back in, character and account didn't exist, my defiance stuff existed but not my RIFT stuff..it asks me to make an enitrely new RIFTs account and such even though I've used my Defiance acount to get my rifts character to like level 8, my Rifsts character doesn't show up at all when I look at my acount and log in..I't just all hosed up. Should I just give up and assume that the Rift/Defiance devs are just loving worthless, or am I missing something obvious? I played Defiance just fine when it was out but trying to play rifts and log out and log back in is apparently the loving most impossibilist thing ever.

edit:
(http://i.imgur.com/cHDS48S.jpg?1)
Edit: Made it so people who don't know how to right click can see the picture.

What the motherfucking gently caress? Is this just useless?

I mean, I kind of want to try this game, but it's apparently being ran by 2 year olds who don't know how to INTERNET, so gently caress.

Edit: So I looked for official forums to post this poo poo on to figure out what the gently caress...but apparently Trion has no official forums for RIFTS? SO yeah, WHAT THE gently caress?!! I have no idea what to do , poo poo is completely broken, I was interested in this game at one point but now I'm just frustrated and done or some poo poo. gently caress, how could you do something so terrible. All I wanted to do was play RIFTs but apparently that's just loving impossible.

Ahahaha this post loving owns.

Edit: RiFTS??'S

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Not to mention the LittlePo(ny) Tab.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

deimos posted:

Not to mention the LittlePo(ny) Tab.

That's actually this:
http://littlepodcast.com/ Pretty cool site if you've never heard of it.

But yeah, those were bad posts, so I just edited them away. Still not 100% sure what happened here but, eh.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

goldjas posted:

That's actually this:
http://littlepodcast.com/ Pretty cool site if you've never heard of it.

But yeah, those were bad posts, so I just edited them away. Still not 100% sure what happened here but, eh.

So uh, what drugs were you on?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

necrotic posted:

So uh, what drugs were you on?

Just copious amounts of booze, my bad, I didn't even realize I made any of those postings at all until today. Don't leave forums open before going to a party is lesson learned here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving
mentioned this to vandee but I wanted to expose the idea for people to poke at and / or poke holes in:

Our problem on Regulos right now seems to be two-fold:

1) Ability timings are worse than they were on our mass of attempts last week (ie. we're getting two eye spawns before platform phase). Someone said that use priority was based on dps - which makes sense, as our only real delta week-to-week has been the increased DPS. If we assume that is true:

2) Our real roadblock has been the platform phase; notably, we can't kill the bridge nerd fast enough because the Molinar group usually lands with 7-10 seconds remaining.

What if we alter where we pop Flaring Power? My suggestion was to use the fact that Sicaron / Molinar are far enough apart to use a FP on each Molinar phase, but Hedo rightly pointed out that we'll probably not have enough DPS to beat the enrage timer without application on Regulos himself. We could just hold it for bridge add+Reg, but then we'd lose effectiveness on it and still run into the same problems as we switch from the add to Regulos.

Something that ... Zoness, I think? mentioned was using 61 Archon and point to point to get people to the bridge faster. Maybe worth thinking about?

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I like the idea of Point to Point. Drop it as we go into the fight, drop the other as soon as we enter Molinar.

I was actually thinking about that DPS problem. We don't seem to be able to recover when Reggie goes Eye first. I think holding FP would be a good tactic, and then we might always hit Tentacles first.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
We're hitting portals about 2:30 after the start (based on my cool down timers). I'm not sold on saving FP, but folks should definitely be saving shorter CDs for the mini bosses.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

StumblyWumbly posted:

We're hitting portals about 2:30 after the start (based on my cool down timers). I'm not sold on saving FP, but folks should definitely be saving shorter CDs for the mini bosses.

Me either. If we can stop failing at eyes if the pop up early (which happened pretty consistently last night) then we should be fine getting to the portal phase. The thing that hurt us the most when it happened was the far eye dying so much later than the rest of the eyes. Would it be possible for the tank hanging back at that point to mark it? Then ranged could target it that way...

Once we can figure that out I think we nearly have the add phase. We don't need more DPS there, we just need people to stop dying (and the 3rd tank to finish the thing on time, which I think Loracia has an easier time of doing).

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

necrotic posted:

Me either. If we can stop failing at eyes if the pop up early (which happened pretty consistently last night) then we should be fine getting to the portal phase. The thing that hurt us the most when it happened was the far eye dying so much later than the rest of the eyes. Would it be possible for the tank hanging back at that point to mark it? Then ranged could target it that way...

/tar death

Then keep shooting them until they're all dead.

This works for picking Death Spines over Eyes of Death too!

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

necrotic posted:

(and the 3rd tank to finish the thing on time, which I think Loracia has an easier time of doing).

There's a secret. Even though it seems like it would be faster, any time you are pressing a key other than walk backwards you are open to snare and open to being hosed up and knocked out of your easy figure-8/circle rotation (didn't seem to be a big difference for me running them, though the figure 8 may have been a little faster). Once you get used to it though, you can easily get done with it with time to spare on the bridge (the last attempt where we didn't have people die ahead of time I died on the bridge).

And the very last time since I only had aggro on the Nightmare due to having died immediately beforehand, the stuff reset with me alive on that island. Didn't even port me back or anything (so it was time for me to get the gently caress back to TB).

Zoness posted:

/tar death

That's useful to know, maybe I can incorporate it into my targeting macro (and by my targeting macro, I mean Tsu's targeting macro, since my targeting macro is target tsu target @targettarget and hastily typed /tar commands if he dies or isn't present or I'm tanking Baziel or whatever)

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

/tar death

The issue is the last eye on the far side in his armpit. Folks need to have their camera angled correctly to target it, and if you're angled that way you may not see the tentacles or red you're standing in.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

StumblyWumbly posted:

The issue is the last eye on the far side in his armpit. Folks need to have their camera angled correctly to target it, and if you're angled that way you may not see the tentacles or red you're standing in.

Target macros don't really care about camera angle. The way I have my camera set for Regulos so that I can see everything effectively, tab won't hit anything and basically no eyes or spines are clickable so I target everything in that fight by macro.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

marhom posted:

Hedo rightly pointed out that we'll probably not have enough DPS to beat the enrage timer without application on Regulos himself. We could just hold it for bridge add+Reg, but then we'd lose effectiveness on it and still run into the same problems as we switch from the add to Regulos.

You completely missed the point of what I said.

quote:

This was my point, we will probably need 2x FP to beat Regulos.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Zoness posted:

Target macros don't really care about camera angle. The way I have my camera set for Regulos so that I can see everything effectively, tab won't hit anything and basically no eyes or spines are clickable so I target everything in that fight by macro.

You're probably right, I was remembering that the macro was having trouble but it was probably tab targeting that was the issue.
One thing to not do is if you put the /tar in your spam macro you'll target dead bodies a lot, so don't do that.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Zoness posted:

I already use that macro. My point was the far one is usually the "last eye standing" and ended up killing a few people when we hit the platforms.

marhom
Jul 1, 2004

bear is driving

deimos posted:

You completely missed the point of what I said.

This was my point, we will probably need 2x FP to beat Regulos.

Sorry. I was completely exhausted last night so I was kind of out of it.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
loving finally, ranged interrupts for warriors

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #17 - 8/28/13

GENERAL
* Fixed an exploit with Ascend-a-Friend summons.
* PVP Auto Flag is now disabled by default.

RIFT STORE
* New Boosts are now available in the Boosts section of the store:
* Artifact Tracking
* Artifact Hunter's Tracking Vials
* Twisted Artifact Hunter's Tracking Vial
* Mounting Speed Reduction
* Spring Loaded Pow Kickers
* Portable Auctioneer is now available in the Services category.

SOULS

MAGE

NECROMANCER
* Parasite: Now ends when the target dies.
* Corpse Explosion: Now deals reduced damage in PVP.

WARRIOR

REAVER
* Spasm: Now has a 20m range.

PALADIN
* Face Slam: Now has a 20m range.

VOID KNIGHT
* Furious Rage: Now has a 20m range.

ZONES
* ZE: Fixed loot issues in a few old zone events.

MOONSHADE HIGHLANDS
* Increased zone event frequency.

SCARLET GORGE

SCARWOOD REACH
* Additional mentoring rewards have been added to the Exuvia of Khargroth zone event for Scarwood Reach! Bling bling!

THE DENDROME
* Fixed a Hailol foothold at Simoom's Edge whose Hailol invasion path was often blocked by a stronghold.
* Stronghold abilities, such as Mass Incinerate, Landslide, Catastrophic Flood, and Mass Drowning, are now less punishing.

PVP AND WARFRONTS
* Guns for Hire weekly now only requires a single victory in Port Scion.

CRAFTING
* All relic quality planar essences are now salvageable.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

quote:

Fixed an exploit with Ascend-a-Friend summons.

Welp.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

quote:

PALADIN
* Face Slam: Now has a 20m range.

PALADIN
* Putting points into this soul now turns you into a giraffe.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

quote:

RIFT STORE
* Artifact Tracking
They are going to make so much money.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

We didn't even get to successfully abuse it for anything :(

I hope it doesn't just flat out disable the ability in instances, though. That would suck.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

quote:

RIFT STORE
* Artifact Tracking
Hrm. There go my credits.

• Locked thread