Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

By the Numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Reverse Isiah Mustafa.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Voting By The Numbers with the advisory that if the strike on the S-300 fails the remaining flights should be instructed not to enter its engagement radius (if known).

If we can't find it at all, I think "proceed with caution, run away if necessary" should be the plan. I don't want us to feed our entire force to one unit, that would be embarrassing.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
I'll refrain from voting for now, since I need to refresh my memory. That Kickstarter is certainly... uh... something. As other goons have said, it seems like we dodged a bullet!

And I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point but I liked the interview snippet posted earlier.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Sandman posted:

Don't worry, they'll never suspect we're posting over a decade in the past.

Oh god, I just had a brilliant idea (admittedly, it'll only work once): we get them to unknowingly hire some of our pilots, then just fly off with their planes.

can we call this Operation Turnc(o)at in any gloatposts afterwards?

also By The Numbers, and try to hijack the S-300.

I'm also shocked their kickstarter doesn't include lifesized undressable Touhou anime statues

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 25, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

The Sandman posted:

Don't worry, they'll never suspect we're posting over a decade in the past.

Oh god, I just had a brilliant idea (admittedly, it'll only work once): we get them to unknowingly hire some of our pilots, then just fly off with their planes.

This is a good plan I like this plan

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Soup Inspector posted:

I'll refrain from voting for now, since I need to refresh my memory. That Kickstarter is certainly... uh... something. As other goons have said, it seems like we dodged a bullet!

And I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point but I liked the interview snippet posted earlier.

Agreed!

If you guys ever want to get creative, go for it. Backstory, paint jobs, ringtones, gently caress I don't care. As long as you're not steering the narrative, go wild.

I'm going to have this guy, http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/pricing/master_pricing_001.html, do a JAS 39C Gripen in Hired Goons colors.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

At the same time, idiots with a ton of money and no sense are the traditional goldmine for mercenaries. We probably could've made huge amounts of money with the Free State while doing very little actual dangerous fighting.

More fun to bomb the assholes into paste, though.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yooper posted:

Agreed!

If you guys ever want to get creative, go for it. Backstory, paint jobs, ringtones, gently caress I don't care. As long as you're not steering the narrative, go wild.

I'm going to have this guy, http://www.clavework-graphics.co.uk/pricing/master_pricing_001.html, do a JAS 39C Gripen in Hired Goons colors.

What are Hired Goons colours anyways?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Quinntan posted:

What are Hired Goons colours anyways?

No idea. I'm not sure anyone has brought it up since like page 3.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Black Diamond minimizes our exposure to enemy anti-air assets while still hitting all the objectives. The S-300 is extremely scary but By The Numbers tasks too many Gripens to dealing with it when it isn't a mission objective, relying on Phantoms to handle CAP against potential F-16s and Su-27s for other packages

e: also i said we should hit the truck with a cruise missile earlier and that's the only plan that goes with that so :getin:

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 25, 2017

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Agree, Black Diamond is the most efficient use of our resources.

(Except for the cruise-missile-meets-truck thing, but ridiculous overkill is incredibly Hired Goony. And it's the safest option!)

PenguinSalsa fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 25, 2017

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yooper posted:

I thought we were rolling with the green. I'm working on something using green, but it's not too late to change the colours

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vote for Reverse Isiah Mustafa

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

PenguinSalsa posted:

Agree withh the previous poster, Black Diamond is the most efficient use of our resources.

(Except for the cruise missile meets truck thing, but ridiculous overkill is incredibly Hired Goony.)

This is the best plan, because it includes cruise missile hits truck. Black Diamond.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'll vote for Operation Reverse Isiah Mustafa

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yooper posted:

Would something like this do?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Quinntan posted:

Would something like this do?

No Bees or Pride Rainbows around a Grenade?

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Yooper posted:

Operation Doodlebug

Operation Black Diamond

Operation By The Numbers

Operation Falafel Ranger

Operation I Love War Crimes

Operation Reverse Isiah Mustafa

Operation Down the Throat

Operation Pocket Rocket Monster

Holy poo poo. The Pentagon didn't have that many plans for the invasion of Iraq. This is outstanding!

Right! If no one plan gets a majority we'll take the top three and do a run off.

To all the voters out there, I'm open to minor last-minute suggestions and tweaks to Black Diamond (assuming Yooper is ok with it).

Think we should add an extra Tornado to SEAD or something? Let me know and we'll see if we can make it work.

The Sandman posted:

Don't we happen to have a brilliant, misunderstood rogue pilot who is definitely isn't working for us?

Crazycryodude posted:

I'm pretty sure we could turn him for, like, 3 cases of liquor and a plane ticket.

Add in some hookers and we'd be good to go.

PenguinSalsa posted:

Agree withh the previous poster, Black Diamond is the most efficient use of our resources.

(Except for the cruise missile meets truck thing, but ridiculous overkill is incredibly Hired Goony.)

What better way to scatter a ton of diamonds over a dozen acres of Angola?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Operation Black Diamond.

Because we were hired to make that shipment disappear, and hilarious overkill is ideal.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Groggy nard posted:

No Bees or Pride Rainbows around a Grenade?

I knocked that together in like five minutes, I didn't think about any of that sort of thing.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Yeah, I'll throw in for Black Diamond

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
Black Diamond might be in the rough but it is a diamond still.
Beside it has that hilarious overkill factor.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Black Diamond!

Also yooper, put me in whatever fighter craft youve got coming up, cheers :) Callsign PCONE

Awesome LP!

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

I like a bunch of these plans but I think Black Diamond is our best bet.

This is a pretty varied environment with a small force attempting (too) many disparate missions considering our (lack of) reserve to respond dynamically; therefore, a conservative stand-off/hilarious cruise missile overkill plan is best.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

To all the voters out there, I'm open to minor last-minute suggestions and tweaks to Black Diamond (assuming Yooper is ok with it).

What better way to scatter a ton of diamonds over a dozen acres of Angola?

I'm cool with revisions up to the moment I run the mission.

Colors and Logos

There's some iconic SA features I'd love to see incorporated. (Though not required, just an idea)

:catdrugs:

:frogout:

There's a shitload of FatBees made for GoonFleet as well, some are quite creative. Lots of very inspirational Goonfleet propaganda, but unless you were there for it most of it won't make any sense. Not to say it's not entertaining. Also hi to any other EVE bro's. I, like 99% of you, don't play EVE anymore. :ccp:

Yooper fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 25, 2017

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Bacarruda posted:

My tweak is still "what do we do if the S-300 is covering the rest of the Bulgarian force like it obviously will be?"

e: also I still technically "play" Eve, after a fashion. High five and also commiserations.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

You people voting for my plan understand that it's an absolute gamble and has even odds of half our stuff getting shot down, right? And expends a ludicrous amount of expensive munitions. I'm still supporting it just to see what 16 SDBs vs a radar looks like.

Soup Inspector posted:

Thanks!

I also feel like the only valid Hired Goons livery is every aircraft having a unique one. Bonus points if the multiseaters get to paint parts of their aircraft separately.

The Reaper is unpainted. gently caress the haters.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

power crystals posted:

You people voting for my plan understand that it's an absolute gamble and has even odds of half our stuff getting shot down, right? And expends a ludicrous amount of expensive munitions. I'm still supporting it just to see what 16 SDBs vs a radar looks like.

FWIW, I agree that we definitely need to do something about the S-300. But I also see the value in Bacarruda's stand-off plan with limited incursions. I tried to thread that needle with Pocket Rocket Monster, which I still support, even though it's clear that no one else does :smith:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Blood Diamond

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Black Diamond

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Vando posted:

My tweak is still "what do we do if the S-300 is covering the rest of the Bulgarian force like it obviously will be?"

e: also I still technically "play" Eve, after a fashion. High five and also commiserations.

If the s300 is far enough forward to cover maverick range over the front its drat near covering our airfield and the answer is for five guys and a mortar to get behind the lines and shellac it

also we would know before the op when it smites our drone well behind the lines

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

UberJew posted:

If the s300 is far enough forward to cover maverick range over the front its drat near covering our airfield and the answer is for five guys and a mortar to get behind the lines and shellac it

also we would know before the op when it smites our drone well behind the lines

Orders as written don't say to do anything different if it smites said drone well behind our lines so my point stands :colbert:

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Yooper posted:

Colors and Logos

There's some iconic SA features I'd love to see incorporated. (Though not required, just an idea)

Stuff like that (other than cat drugs because how do you do an animation on a supersonic fighter) could be different unit markings, akin to the Luftwaffe's geschwader markings during WW2. There'd still need to be a company insignia (the crown) and a registration, because these are nominally civilian aircraft.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

power crystals posted:

Thanks!

I also feel like the only valid Hired Goons livery is every aircraft having a unique one. Bonus points if the multiseaters get to paint parts of their aircraft separately.

The Reaper is unpainted. gently caress the haters.

I was running with my SK60 in that tiger livery.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Yooper posted:

I'm cool with revisions up to the moment I run the mission.

Colors and Logos

Rough draft idea:

Border is from snipping tool, Colors subject to change, the idea is we'd have one grenade for every original pilot, a # I'm not sure of at the moment.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

beautiful.

And purely because I had a hand in its creation back in the day (before changing my username from CitrusFrog), I plan on painting goatstairs* on whatever aircraft I end up in.

*No I will never let that glorious flag die :v:

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 25, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Had a bit of a fiddle with this Gripen, tell me how it's crap.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Quinntan posted:

how do you do an animation on a supersonic fighter

LED's. But you're right, no one could see it, except at night, when everyone could see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Going to vote for Black Diamond today.