Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

he's actually picking up a new modern aesthetics.

the twist is it will work on catdads and buns as well. he'll then stab the wol while they stand boggle eyed at the aesthetician bell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Eopia posted:

The datamined scythe looks like poo poo because it A: wasn't actually datamined and B: is from FF11

yeah i thought that was an obvious joke

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Zenos picked up a Geomancer's Bell and it's gonna be the new melee class, hope everybody's ready for Conjurer But Melee DPS

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Gnossiennes posted:

I... may have thought it was true.

To be fair I'm the type who falls for pranks constantly.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i really want a cool scythy dps so i fully understand!!!!

pls sqeenix, give me the edgiest of blades

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

FFXIV drk is not edgy enough, souleater heals you instead of killing you. 0/10

Give me the real edge.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I like the idea of a job using HP as a resource but if it ever actually happened PF healers would boycott it so hard it'd become the first player-enforced limited job.

Give BLU a few skills for it instead.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Making 'healers adjust' a central class mechanic would be such a bold move I'd have no choice but to respect it, but if that were going to happen it almost certainly would have with DRK's Darkside. Anything which prys our hands off Glare though, I'll take

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

multijoe posted:

Making 'healers adjust' a central class mechanic would be such a bold move I'd have no choice but to respect it, but if that were going to happen it almost certainly would have with DRK's Darkside. Anything which prys our hands off Glare though, I'll take

Darkside used to apply a dot to you for as long as it was up when drk first existed as a job. also dragoon's lance charge used to be called blood for blood and increased damage taken by half of the amount it increased damage dealt.

e: wow it's been long enough that i deadass forgot darkside drained mp, not hp. but there was still the thing where dark knights didn't want shields because of mp recovery from blood weapon

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Vitamean posted:

I like the idea of a job using HP as a resource but if it ever actually happened PF healers would boycott it so hard it'd become the first player-enforced limited job.

Give BLU a few skills for it instead.

final sting already uses hp as a damage resource, technically

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Gnossiennes posted:

I don't know dick all about ff11 and people will take the tinest stupid thing as a sick leak so

Nope, Poe'd into the ground.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vitamean posted:

scythe is a red herring to divert attention from the actual new maiming armor job, Dragoon Two

Come on, Double Dragoon was right there.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The scythe is a level 1 weapon because they're finally bringing back the full leveling experience. 1-90, baby

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Come on, Double Dragoon was right there.

why would it be named after a quest

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

multijoe posted:

they've phased out self-hurts but I'd definitely rather have it as a gimmick on a dps than a tank

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

AoE Superbolide.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Zenos is gonna follow the trail blazed by his great grandfather and just use a gun.
Maybe next he can gain a personality trait

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bold of them to make Botanist the new DPS.

Maybe they can make Dragoon the new disciple of the land

'cos they're always pushing up daisies. heh

Dedekind
Sep 6, 2003

The blasphemer, uncontrite, must be punished mightily.

Bruceski posted:

AoE Superbolide.

I have never wanted anything more.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Vitamean posted:

scythe is a red herring to divert attention from the actual new maiming armor job, Dragoon Two

Hell loving yeah let's go

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dragoon 2 spends its entire rotation in the air jumping

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dragoon 2: Insect Glaive

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I hope level 90 Dragoon gets to turn into phase 2 of nidhogg, like glowy floating Estinien

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Lv90 DRG can fly in non-restricted areas by pressing the Jump button.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Dragoon 2's Jump has invincibility frames.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't know much about Dragoon lore/mechanics but a mini-version of Nodhogg's final verse ultimate seems like it would be a pretty sick capstone skill for 90

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
We already have most of Nidhogg's moves, at least in name, and many have similar animations too

Can't wait to get hot tail

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

DRG gets Akh Morn but instead of the enemy needing to stack to soak damage, your team has to stack with you to do full damage. Good luck with that, bud!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

We already have most of Nidhogg's moves, at least in name, and many have similar animations too

Can't wait to get hot tail

Her name was Tioman and we killed her.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

broken pixel posted:

DRG gets Akh Morn but instead of the enemy needing to stack to soak damage, your team has to stack with you to do full damage. Good luck with that, bud!

In line with the chains design-wise this is signaled by a stack marker but in blue.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

multijoe posted:

I don't know much about Dragoon lore/mechanics but a mini-version of Nodhogg's final verse ultimate seems like it would be a pretty sick capstone skill for 90

Isn't this what Stardiver is

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Make the 90 capstone a button that turns you into the Estinen Nidhogg fusion form. Just let you go SSJ.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
maybe the mysterious figure in white in the 5.55 trailer is moonbreeder returning from the lifestream with new insights about the planet's aether

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Isn't this what Stardiver is

I said I didn't know very much about Dragoons!!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't want to have to redact this in the main thread so here it goes

Someone's got a fun theory on twitter

https://twitter.com/northgalis/status/1387384751045087236?s=20

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I keep forgetting to do the weekly Nier quest, hope this doesn't mean I will get locked out of story stuff

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
See, I don't think that works out, for a couple reasons.

1. How does that account for the fact that Amon is around in Syrcus Tower, which takes place to my knowledge while Emperor Solus is still alive?

2. How does it account for the pronounced difference in Xande's personality after resurrection, which is credited in the game itself as a major component of the fall of Allag?

Personally, my reading of the events are this:
-Emperor Xande the first time around was Emet-Selch. Like with Garlemald later, he builds a giant, totalitarian empire that's so heavily tied in a cult of personality to its original emperor that it struggles without him.
-Unlike Garlemald who fell into violence before eventually a pretty not-terrible replacement stepped up, Allag fell into malaise afterwards, not having an especially strong leader.
-Amon (who is not Emet-Selch, but I have a theory I'll get to) gets the bright fuckin idea to bring back Xande to make a new golden age. It works!
-...except it doesn't, Xande doesn't act right, because he's not Emet-Selch. This 'new' Xande is either the original, pre-possession Xande having a major case of imposter's syndrome, or another Ascian deciding to drive the Allagan car off a cliff.
-Amon goes 'oh gently caress yeah' to New Xande's ideas, either because he believes it's the real Xande or because he's also an Ascian who wants to crash the whole thing.
-Moon launches, everyone dies.

So the question becomes: are Amon and New Xande Ascians, or just chucklefucks who wound up in the dumbest possible position? Well, if they're Ascians, they actually can't be any of the ones we know are still operating elsewhere during 2.x, when they turn up again. Whether they were always in the Tower or came back when it reopened we don't know, but let's say 'they were always there' just because it changes very little and there's no evidence of a change in demeanor or cleanup from it. However, since every Ascian turns up in meetup scenes, we also have to assume they can take time for the all-hands Zoom meeting. So Emet's out (busy being Solus), Lahabrea's probably out (busy setting up Calamity Seven then failing in the Praetorium), Emmerololth's out (busy dying on the Isle of Val), Elidibus is out (busy being vaguely ominous), Nabriales is out (busy watching the Scions/preparing the swing at the Rising Stones), Loghrif and Mitron are out (busy setting up the First).

I think Xande is just legit regular Xande, personally, there kind of isn't a lot of chance for someone else to step in given cloning is involved. But Amon, I actually think might've been Fandaniel. He's unaccounted for at both the time of the moon launch and the events of the game up to Syrcus Tower, he is remarkably whimsical (I would say moreso than Emet), and in the present day has both a predeliction towards guiding an Emet-Brand Empire to its downfall, and using the exact same population as a cudgel to do it--the dragons of Meracydia.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Apr 30, 2021

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Allag had clones and tons of 'em. The Amon we fight could literally just be a cloned body. Amon caused enough trouble that it would track that he'd be an Ascian of some sort though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/NUEH__/status/1324345683789295618 Guess the theory must be gaining some traction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Amon and Old Xande and New Xande are all just assholes. New Xande is just Old Xande, but really hosed up from being dead. None of them are Ascians.

The Crystal Tower and everyone inside of it have been frozen in stasis for 1000's of years. Unless Emet-Selch also has the ability to be two people in two places at once, anyone in the CT are pretty much ruled out as Ascians.

Might as well call Jenomis cen Lexentale Emet-Selch too because he has a penchant for drama.