Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Louisgod posted:

He’s a tall blonde white buff dude with blue eyes, alas we shall never know the reason why insecure, racist incels care about this

They also got really upset when a black man was cast as a villain that ruled over Egypt as a Pharoah godking. I'm just hoping the MCU is (Hickman FF spoiler) one of the realities Kang turns out to be Franklin Richards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Whoops, made the mistake of looking at the SDCC scareglow. How likely is it non-attendees will have access to it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Whoops, made the mistake of looking at the SDCC scareglow. How likely is it non-attendees will have access to it?

It's going up on the Mattel creations site thursday.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Rhyno posted:

It's going up on the Mattel creations site thursday.

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled then, thanks!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Make an account beforehand!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Saw a Figuarts SSBlue Goku at Target finally, but just wasn’t in the mood to buy any toys. Great looking figure though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Saw a Figuarts SSBlue Goku at Target finally, but just wasn’t in the mood to buy any toys. Great looking figure though.

Are Figuarts toys fancy enough to justify the price tags? I've never seen one in person but it looks like they're just slightly better quality than similar figures that cost about 30 bucks.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I have no interest in the Power Rangers, but I saw Tengu Warrior today at Walmart and I picked it up. This thing is great. The sculpt, the colors, the attitude.. its a great figure. I think now I will have to invest in some other PR villains since they're all so bonkers looking. Any suggestions?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

I have no interest in the Power Rangers, but I saw Tengu Warrior today at Walmart and I picked it up. This thing is great. The sculpt, the colors, the attitude.. its a great figure. I think now I will have to invest in some other PR villains since they're all so bonkers looking. Any suggestions?

There aren't too many out right now but that's changing. The foot soldiers can be a bit plain

Lord Zedd is one of the first figures released and is still my favorite of the whole line. I've been variously unhappy with others for one reason or another, but he's been on the A Train.

Pumpkin Rapper is down to 21 dollars on Amazon and he's delightful. King Sphinx is 26.

The thing with the monsters of the line is that they're a larger scale. And if you don't mind waiting, Super7 has some amazing looking figures coming next year. Its a higher price point, but the quality is there in the sculpt.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/168147

He has a LC version, but getting one with wings is a bit of a pain and its kind of a terrible figure to mess with due to the plastic being unreasonably soft. And due to the design, despite lacking double joints in the arms and legs, there's really not going to be a pose you can get LC Goldar in that you can't do with Super 7 Goldar.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Call me if they ever make the fat chicken with a pair of hedge clippers. That was the most wtf Power Rangers villain I remember as a kid.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Burkion posted:

There aren't too many out right now but that's changing. The foot soldiers can be a bit plain

Lord Zedd is one of the first figures released and is still my favorite of the whole line. I've been variously unhappy with others for one reason or another, but he's been on the A Train.

Pumpkin Rapper is down to 21 dollars on Amazon and he's delightful. King Sphinx is 26.

The thing with the monsters of the line is that they're a larger scale. And if you don't mind waiting, Super7 has some amazing looking figures coming next year. Its a higher price point, but the quality is there in the sculpt.

He has a LC version, but getting one with wings is a bit of a pain and its kind of a terrible figure to mess with due to the plastic being unreasonably soft. And due to the design, despite lacking double joints in the arms and legs, there's really not going to be a pose you can get LC Goldar in that you can't do with Super 7 Goldar.

Awesome, thank you. I will probably check out LC Goldar even with its issues, for 30 bucks less than the Super7 version.

Any idea if they are going to be making that pig head monster? I need that one badly.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Call me if they ever make the fat chicken with a pair of hedge clippers. That was the most wtf Power Rangers villain I remember as a kid.

Oh poo poo, thats a must have as well.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

This guy straight-up looks like a Battle Beast, and that's awesome. I wish somebody would do a 6-inch Battle Beasts line...

Haven't done a new toys post in a while, but I picked up those Masterverse Battle Cat and Skeletor figures at Target the other day, which I'm leaving boxed for a while to see how I feel about this toy line overall. I feel like it has a lot of potential, but I hope they move on from the weird Revelations designs soon. I know I'd regret it if I got heavily into that line later and missed the first few.

Meanwhile MOTU Origins figures have grown on me a lot, and BBTS shipped a few long-backordered Origins figures last week and it looks like they're about to ship a bunch more; they sent me like 5 emails just saying these preorders are expected to be filled soon. It's been a long wait, but I'll have a near-complete Origins collection soon. That rad 4-inch Zorro figure is ready to ship with them.

Target also had like 6 of those Rise of Evil two-packs just sitting around, which is kind of funny given how much work I put into finding one a couple months ago. Thinking of picking up one to leave boxed for the hell of it. They also had an end cap filled with a dozen Prince Adam / Sky Sled sets at half price, and it would be fun to have a bunch of Sky Sleds, but I didn't bite yet.

...I also got to take home this never-before-seen character the other day, and she's absolutely perfect:

Sorry, couldn't resist! :h:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, the sculptors behind the 90s Playmates Star Trek line are back for the new ones! :toot:

If I were in charge of the Trek figures, I’d do a line of 6” Black series-esque ones, and a ‘retro’ line that fits seamlessly into the slightly cartoony 90s ones.

https://twitter.com/trekcore/status/1415473684467396608

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Fisto posted:

Awesome, thank you. I will probably check out LC Goldar even with its issues, for 30 bucks less than the Super7 version.

Any idea if they are going to be making that pig head monster? I need that one badly.

The next monster on the docket is EyeGuy who is

Well

EyeGuy. Even my heart, that has become jaded to the Ranger side of the LC line, yearns for him.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

CPL593H posted:

Are Figuarts toys fancy enough to justify the price tags? I've never seen one in person but it looks like they're just slightly better quality than similar figures that cost about 30 bucks.

i haven't bought one in several years, but I considered them to be the best made 1/12 figures. They had a few nice things like making joints less intrusive on the sculpt and selective use of die cast parts to make them stable and balanced.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jul 18, 2021

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

...I also got to take home this never-before-seen character the other day, and she's absolutely perfect:

I managed to snag one of these a few weeks ago, but I think mine’s defective. There’s all kinds of weird liquid coming out of both ends and the sound effect feature sometimes won’t turn off.

(Congrats and welcome to the no sleep zone!)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That's an adorable addition, congrats!!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CPL593H posted:

Figuarts are like night and day compared to domestic 1:12 figures. The articulation and plastic quality alone is usually so much better than domestic figures to make the price tags worth it, but then they also sport better paint, accessories and even though some domestic lines are catching up, better sculpts.

Be wary, though. That Goku specifically is $35 because he’s a gateway figure. Most SHF (and most import figures in general) start around $55-60 and only go up. If you can’t afford it, don’t even start.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SpikeMcclane posted:

i haven't bought one in several years, but I considered them to be the best made 1/6 figures. They had a few nice things like making joints less intrusive on the sculpt and selective use of die cast parts to make them stable and balanced.

Figuarts are much smaller than 1/6. Closer to 1/12 but still not quite.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

This becomes even more hilarious considering Logan in the comics is currently in a poly relationship with Scott and Jean

Joe Fisto posted:

Burkion posted:

Fish Of Doom posted:

Joe Fisto posted:

I should fish out that collection of art books I have of all the Power Rangers/Super Sentai monsters and share it here cause when you've had a franchise last 45 series over a 46 year period you end up with a lot of monster designs

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Aphrodite posted:

Figuarts are much smaller than 1/6. Closer to 1/12 but still not quite.

Correct. I was mentally going back and forth between 6" and 1/12 and did the bad brain.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Nanigans posted:

Figuarts are like night and day compared to domestic 1:12 figures. The articulation and plastic quality alone is usually so much better than domestic figures to make the price tags worth it, but then they also sport better paint, accessories and even though some domestic lines are catching up, better sculpts.

Be wary, though. That Goku specifically is $35 because he’s a gateway figure. Most SHF (and most import figures in general) start around $55-60 and only go up. If you can’t afford it, don’t even start.

Following this up, I have exactly 1 Goku because the SHF one was so much wildly better than the other ones. So good that I have nearly gotten every other SHF Goku that I've seen even though I haven't watched Dragonball since high school.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Are there any good resources for learning how to sell things online? On eBay, or wherever else people do that lol. I definitely have a few figures I would like to sell, but I don’t know the first thing about doing it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just sold about ~40 Black Series figures on eBay and all I did was look at Sold Items from the past 30 days for each one, figure out an average price that you’re okay with (assuming you’ll get $3-$10 less on accepted offers) and do a Good til Cancelled fixed price Buy It Now (with Best Offer). You can list up to 250 items or $5000 worth of stuff per month, whichever comes first.

You can also promote your listings for a small fee (it ranges depending on listing but for mine it was $0.89-$3.50 for each) to help them sell faster and you can turn on Volume Pricing (buy x amount, get 10% off each one, etc).

eBay takes their cut of the Final Value, but imo they’re still the easiest way to sell a lot of stuff quickly. Facebook Marketplace isn’t bad, but it’s not really geared toward collector stuff and it’s a pain if you have a lot of items.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Do you ever have to deal with scammers claiming the item was lost or whatever? Given that ebay and Paypal always seem to side with the buyer is be hesitant to put any big dollar items up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
This week I had a guy do the Buy it Now on something and just never pay, but eBay lets you cancel the sale without any feedback or anything if it goes unpaid for a certain length of time.

Claims of lost items have been rare for me, but I use tracking on everything and it’s easy for me to tell eBay to check and verify if some claim is false. In cases where things are (possibly) genuinely lost you can report it as “Damaged (or Lost) in Transit” and eBay almost always will refund the buyer and credit you the lost value.

eBay and PayPal aren’t intertwined like they were in the past and in my experience it’s been a much smoother process for sellers since.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Congrats man!

Got in the Buzzmod Tanjiro and Nezuko. Figs are pretty awesome, and right stuff anime turned out to be legit, haha. Cheapest place I could find them too!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If I were to go the eBay route, I’d be making a new account (I might have an account from a while ago, but I never sold anything with it). Don’t people look for sellers with high ratings? Will it be tough for me to sell anything as a new user?

My other questions are like, super basic. So I sell something on eBay… then what? How do I get the boxes and ship it out? Guess I go to a fedex or ups store for that. How do I know what shipping amount to charge when I crate the listing?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Save the boxes you get from stuff sent to you and use them to ship stuff. Go get a mini postal scale and weigh your stuff in a box before you list it, then add a couple ounces for filling. Also thermal label printers rule, but you probably would want to be doing a bunch to justify the cost of one.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
About two years back I was selling off a lot of my DBZ collection (and then subsequently repurchased a lot of it...) and I would just charge a flat fee for shipping since I didn't have a scale. Sometimes I'd lose a little bit of money, sometimes shipping would actually be cheaper than what I charged, so it mostly worked out. But yeah, a scale would be the best bet. I think making an account on Stamps.com gifts you a digital scale and it would save you the trouble of going to the post office as long as you have a printer/tape/boxes, etc. You can buy all that stuff cheap online.

I have a few things I need to sell too, but I'm too lazy to do it right now, but once I do, I will definitely go the eBay route. Facebook marketplace is much more of a hassle.

There's also Mercari. It's essentially the same thing as eBay, so you may have better chances of selling your stuff by listing the items on both. Just make sure to take down the listing as soon as the item sells on whichever other site.

In my experience, if the items you're selling are desirable, your user rating doesn't really matter. What matters are negative reviews. I always check recent ratings from any seller I'm buying from. If it seems fishy, I'll look elsewhere.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Save the boxes you get from stuff sent to you and use them to ship stuff. Go get a mini postal scale and weigh your stuff in a box before you list it, then add a couple ounces for filling. Also thermal label printers rule, but you probably would want to be doing a bunch to justify the cost of one.

If you're in the US, your local Post Office probably sells a postal scale for around $25, that costs just a bit more than ones you'll find in other stores but is accurate to about 10 pounds more. I think it's the best value in small electronic scales.

Figure out what you're going to ship things in before you make your listings, so you have the total weight and size known. Never offer free shipping, it's surprisingly easy to get shipping costs into the $15+ range. Also eBay's shipping cost calculator (what customers pay) never takes into account signature confirmation ($2.75 I think) and postal insurance, which is cheap but usually comes out to $1-3 on pricier things, so you might want to either list a handling fee or overestimate your weight just a little to compensate (a half pound is usually close, I eat a few cents on most shipments). I've emailed eBay about not providing checkboxes for that stuff and they just don't care.

Always do signature confirmation unless you want to run the risk of being scammed. I shipped an item to what as far as I can tell was a dead drop once, and had the "customer" claim it wasn't received. A search of the address later revealed that said property had been on sale for some time and nobody lived there. eBay didn't care and refunded the "customer". Fortunately it was something cheap.

Another little thing to watch out for on sales listings is the checkbox that says something like "relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell" - it's not checked by default (why?), and also kinda half-hidden outside one of the CSS frames that contains the other controls.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just sold about ~40 Black Series figures on eBay

What were you selling? :raise:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Fuzz posted:

What were you selling? :raise:

I had doubled up on a lot of troopers just for photos, so I sold those. I had been collecting the main trios of each trilogy for photos as well, but that meant I had like every single costume variation for each one, so I just sold off the ones I liked least. My Black Series habit was absolutely out of control last year, so this was kind of a relief and a space saver.

I ended up making around $1k in two weeks between that and some vintage dupes I also sold. The market for current Hasbro lines in general right now is just loving nuts.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Really probably isn’t worth doing signature on delivery unless the item is over $100, I don’t do it unless it’s $300+.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

If I were to go the eBay route, I’d be making a new account (I might have an account from a while ago, but I never sold anything with it). Don’t people look for sellers with high ratings? Will it be tough for me to sell anything as a new user?

My other questions are like, super basic. So I sell something on eBay… then what? How do I get the boxes and ship it out? Guess I go to a fedex or ups store for that. How do I know what shipping amount to charge when I crate the listing?

It doesn't hurt to try SA Mart. When I buy stuff online I keep some of the boxes that look like they'd be useful for shipping stuff I'm going to sell. In all the times I've sold poo poo online I don't think I've ever actually purchased a box for shipping. Shipping estimates can be a pain in the rear end so you can do what the other poster said and weigh it at the post office. But be aware that if you're using USPS (which is by far the cheapest) the rate will vary based on the location, if you're in the US anyway. There are also flat rate boxes which in some cases will be the best method once again depending on the weight and location of the buyer. When I've sold stuff if it's something particularly expensive that I know will fit into a medium flat rate box I list the shipping as ten bucks because the shipping cost can make of break whether or not someone will buy the thing and in the case of a medium flat rate I'm basically losing five bucks on that. But you'd be surprised how often something like five bucks makes a difference to the buyer. There's a lot of annoying poo poo to dead with when you sell on ebay but unfortunately that's just what you have to deal with because it's the fastest way to sell poo poo and the easiest if you're really trying to get it out there. It's worth just trying SA Mart anyway because you've got the demographic built right in and there's less bullshit than selling on ebay. Plus you don't lose money from ebay's crazy high fees.

fake edit: I forgot to mention that the USPS provides all kinds of boxes for free if you're using whatever shipping method is marked on the box. All the flat rate USPS boxes are free as are various sizes of priority mail boxes.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 18, 2021

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Also if you’re in the US pretty much anything under 1lb in total weight will ship for $4 or less with USPS First Class and it includes shipping. I use it for all my figures.

Also Google your local area and see if there’s some kind of discount box/shipping supplier nearby. I get my boxes from a place literally called Half Price Boxes and a 10x6x4 that ships 1-3 Black Series costs $0.89.

Also because I keep forgetting poo poo, look at using PirateShip if you’re just shipping to goons or anywhere outside eBay. It’s usually the cheapest rate for USPS and it’s legit, I’ve used it to send things in the lower 48 and the UK so far without any hiccups. eBay gives you about the same discount if you purchase the labels through them though.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 19, 2021

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Also if you’re in the US pretty much anything under 1lb in total weight will ship for $4 or less with USPS First Class and it includes shipping. I use it for all my figures.

Also Google your local area and see if there’s some kind of discount box/shipping supplier nearby. I get my boxes from a place literally called Half Price Boxes and a 10x6x4 that ships 1-3 Black Series costs $0.89.

Also because I keep forgetting poo poo, look at using PirateShip if you’re just shipping to goons or anywhere outside eBay. It’s usually the cheapest rate for USPS and it’s legit, I’ve used it to send things in the lower 48 and the UK so far without any hiccups. eBay gives you about the same discount if you purchase the labels through them though.

I've always used the PayPal print and ship to get a USPS discount. Never heard of Pirate Ship before. I need to look into this!

Why do you limit is use? Meaning to goons and such?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I've always used the PayPal print and ship to get a USPS discount. Never heard of Pirate Ship before. I need to look into this!

Why do you limit is use? Meaning to goons and such?

Oh I just mean that because the eBay discount is about the same as Pirate Ship’s there’s really no reason to use it if you’re already selling on eBay. Just that it’s cheaper than buying from stamps.com or at an actual post office if you’re selling here in SA Mart or Facebook, etc.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Oh I just mean that because the eBay discount is about the same as Pirate Ship’s there’s really no reason to use it if you’re already selling on eBay. Just that it’s cheaper than buying from stamps.com or at an actual post office if you’re selling here in SA Mart or Facebook, etc.

I usually use PayPal print and ship, that is likely the same as the ebay discount and therefore the pirate ship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I had doubled up on a lot of troopers just for photos, so I sold those. I had been collecting the main trios of each trilogy for photos as well, but that meant I had like every single costume variation for each one, so I just sold off the ones I liked least. My Black Series habit was absolutely out of control last year, so this was kind of a relief and a space saver.

I ended up making around $1k in two weeks between that and some vintage dupes I also sold. The market for current Hasbro lines in general right now is just loving nuts.

drat, if you'd had a Bespin Leia, I'd have grabbed it.