Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

BeeSeeBee posted:

Coincidentally I found out yesterday that the duck that's sitting on the hood is some sad thing where they all carry around rubber ducks to leave on other people's jeeps. :psyduck:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/duck-duck-jeep/

It's not even clever, you could at least do jeep jeep creep :gizz:

On my ride today I saw a spun out/crashed BMW on the side of the mountain I was climbing, so that was nice.

lol I have a wrangler and the first time somebody left one of those I was so loving confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

lol I have a wrangler

lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s good for what I use my car for which is primarily out of the way hikes and such in the cascades and Oregon coast range that are accessed by logging roads and such carrying three or four people and three or four dogs

It’s actually served me pretty well for that purpose

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s good for what I use my car for which is primarily out of the way hikes and such in the cascades and Oregon coast range that are accessed by logging roads and such carrying three or four people and three or four dogs

Hashtag valley girl boss

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I got off the train at the "everyone can still own a car" part.

500excf type r posted:

Hashtag valley

Hot new microhome suburb for Gen Z or suburban wasteland mod for Stardew Valley?

Precambrian Video Games has issued a correction as of 02:06 on May 13, 2024

Apr 7, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

A Wrangler is probably the worst possible vehicle you can buy today to carry four people and four dogs.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A Wrangler is probably the worst possible vehicle you can buy today to carry four people and four dogs.

lol idk man it was a good price and it’s performed at or above what I want it to do like not get me stuck on muddy logging roads. I don’t plan to get rid of it anytime soon even if I’m not a fan of the way it looks

Edit: idk it’s the full sized four door one not the tiny two door canvas roof thing but if it makes me a valley girl I can live with that

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

the only moral oversized piece of poo poo suv is my oversized piece of poo poo suv

Apr 7, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

lol idk man it was a good price and it’s performed at or above what I want it to do like not get me stuck on muddy logging roads. I don’t plan to get rid of it anytime soon even if I’m not a fan of the way it looks

Edit: idk it’s the full sized four door one not the tiny two door canvas roof thing but if it makes me a valley girl I can live with that

lol you didn't even buy a real wrangler, you bought the "Subaru Forester But Shittier" wrangler

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao you have really strong feelings about this

Idk man the price was right and it works and that’s all I can say

jetz0r posted:

the only moral oversized piece of poo poo suv is my oversized piece of poo poo suv

This guy understands

Apr 7, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Idk man the price was right and it works and that’s all I can say

lol the price was right indeed...if you're Stellantis

quote:

and it works

It's a jeep, it does not work

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

jetz0r posted:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol the price was right indeed...if you're Stellantis

It's a jeep, it does not work

Lmfao I didn’t buy it new, I didn’t buy it this year (the 60 month loan is in fact paid off), and I didn’t buy a high end trim package

Idk you really aggressively don’t like them apparently but it’s gotten me to some out of the way places and I’ve been able to get over downed trees in the middle of nowhere after a storm and stuff like that

I’m not particularly brand loyal to it or anything but the specific one I have has worked entirely fine for me

Apr 7, 2003

I drive a car using the best technology the 1930s has to offer, like fusible links and a live rear axle. The price was right - only one year's salary in 2024

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
There's no ethical consumption under capitalism

pfc: except mine

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im starting a new job a week from tomorrow and its three days a week in office. the building is technically within cycling range but i need to ride over there some time this week to see if it is possible to safely do so. i would like to be able to go by bike. but if its dangerous, well, car it is.

Apr 7, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

There's no ethical consumption under capitalism

pfc: except mine

Correct

speng31b
May 8, 2010

https://twitter.com/PaulSkallas/status/1789688352926523856

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/LeastHesFunny_/status/1789614228607001015

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Neil, to the other seals: “Watch this, lmfao”

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
campervans are for poors

campervans? drake yes

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Maybe these could even replace housing for certain demographics, we could have parks for them with like communal water supplies or something?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

now thats lindy

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

jetz0r posted:

[I hate cars] the only moral oversized piece of poo poo suv is my oversized piece of poo poo suv
Is this short enough for a thread title?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ham Equity posted:

Is this short enough for a thread title?

At ninety characters, it breaks the client‐side limit of eighty, but the forums will accept up to one hundred characters if you use developer tools to change the limit on the text box.

That’s Radium.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This person needs a VW California van.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

I remember Xi said "Cars are for living in."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PhilippineStar/status/1789498232651002166?t=bpjquIW3940XGbwdViDtUQ&s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sleep utility vehicle

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
A car is a machine for living in.
- Le Corbusier

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh god... the car IS the pod!

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Zodium posted:

that actually makes it look cooler. maybe they just need to be painted up like you're in escape from new york.

the cybertruck really would make a good platform for building a mad max car, which means there are going to be a fuckton of these things stuck in the mud at the next burning man

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Clark Nova posted:

the cybertruck really would make a good platform for building a mad max car, which means there are going to be a fuckton of these things stuck in the mud at the next burning man

No.

It is a terrible platform to create a mad max style car.

welding onto that stainless panel will leave all sorts of heat marks you are not getting rid of.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

seal to motorists: "KNEEL"

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Lladre posted:

No.

welding onto that stainless panel will leave all sorts of heat marks you are not getting rid of.
That, and holy gently caress is it hard to weld stainless

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Lladre posted:

No.

Isn't that part of the aesthetic though?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
yeah in a Mad Max scenario you aren’t going to be worried about how your welds look.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
We are talking about rich cosplayers.

They are totally going to obsess on the weld marks and heat marks.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't think the cybertruck is a good vehicle for any kind of modification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
The drums start pounding and I mount up with the war boys in my Citroën Ami