Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'm watching my kid play Violet. she obviously doesn't give a single gently caress about the graphics, but this looks like Dragon Age Inquisition on PS3.

Grand Theft Autobot fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

lmao

that or the bread dot jpg clips are probably my faves so far (god i hope the execs free the poke devs from the absurd scheduling one day 🙏) (they probably won't unless by force)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Large Testicles posted:

try throwing a pokeball at a mon in the water and see the awful glitch that happens, i don't have video capture available or i'd be reproducing it

hold down the screenshot button

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's great, Gamefreak obviously read this thread where people kept saying "FPS doesn't matter and I don't even see performance", and they went OH YEAH?

We should be very grateful!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This is the first one I've seen that looks like an actual problem. But it's still funny, so it's good in it's own way. Until I see random npcs freaking out like the Goldeneye tilted cart, I'm probably not going to care much. The Nintendo Madden will never stop.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

My copy of xenoblade 3 I scored from target for $35 arrived today, I'm really feeling it!

Enjoy, OP, it's a fantastic experience. Fully deserving of the GOTY nomination.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

My copy of xenoblade 3 I scored from target for $35 arrived today, I'm really feeling it!

Now it's Reyn time!

Err, uh.... Noah it's Reyn time?

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Epic haul :cheersdoge:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Happy Flat Fuec Friday, you loving losers!

I won't get to crack open Violet until tomorrow, but I hope everyone has fun today with whatever game they choose to play.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Alan_Shore posted:

It's great, Gamefreak obviously read this thread where people kept saying "FPS doesn't matter and I don't even see performance", and they went OH YEAH?

We should!

Now that I had some time playing, it looks like the new generation is a vast improvement. I mean, I liked Sword, but that generation felt a little bit on rails sometimes. This time around, it feels a lot more open, here on Tropico Island. Because that's what I will call this region from now on.

It's like I'm a citizen of one of those weird dictatorships you're building in a Tropico-game, :lol:

And my new grass kitten is the cutest!

I even spend half an hour just wandering around the starting area to look at stuff. The director's house is filled with those weirdly realistic looking paintings I of course absolutely adore and had to study for a while.

There even was a sudden glitch and a little bit of the slowdown people were going hysterical over, but nothing as horrific as people feared. If you're not waiting for it, you won't notice.

There's also a lot more detail on poo poo then in Sword, especially on clothes. Overall, the game runs fine and looks better than the predecessor. And the new Pokemon look so cute, it's incredible. I'm seriously contemplating taking a break from Harvestella for a bit.

In conclusion, people on the internet are weird. Before Rune Factory 5, I just assumed everyone badmouthing a game is just dumb or something, then RF5 indeed ran like poo poo and I changed my mind. Now internet people are 100% wrong again, welp.

I guess the lesson is, never trust anyone but yourself. :v:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Hammer Bro. posted:

Now it's Reyn time!

Err, uh.... Noah it's Reyn time?

It's not Reyn time in XC3 because Eunie is, in fact, the boss.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Alan_Shore posted:

Mine's been hitting 60 more or less consistently.

It just, you know, has to drop a lot of the walls and models and animations to do it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 18, 2022

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Libluini posted:

We should!

Now that I had some time playing, it looks like the new generation is a vast improvement. I mean, I liked Sword, but that generation felt a little bit on rails sometimes. This time around, it feels a lot more open, here on Tropico Island. Because that's what I will call this region from now on.

It's like I'm a citizen of one of those weird dictatorships you're building in a Tropico-game, :lol:

And my new grass kitten is the cutest!

I even spend half an hour just wandering around the starting area to look at stuff. The director's house is filled with those weirdly realistic looking paintings I of course absolutely adore and had to study for a while.

There even was a sudden glitch and a little bit of the slowdown people were going hysterical over, but nothing as horrific as people feared. If you're not waiting for it, you won't notice.

There's also a lot more detail on poo poo then in Sword, especially on clothes. Overall, the game runs fine and looks better than the predecessor. And the new Pokemon look so cute, it's incredible. I'm seriously contemplating taking a break from Harvestella for a bit.

In conclusion, people on the internet are weird. Before Rune Factory 5, I just assumed everyone badmouthing a game is just dumb or something, then RF5 indeed ran like poo poo and I changed my mind. Now internet people are 100% wrong again, welp.

I guess the lesson is, never trust anyone but yourself. :v:

syq

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Nice try miyamoto-san

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Honestly loving this new Pokémon, I’ve been lukewarm on the series for a while due to it being so formulaic but this one really feels like what I wanted the series to grow and expand as.

It’s jankier than deadly premonition from a tech standpoint but I’m having a blast despite it.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

By most accounts it’s a decent and charming game in and of itself apparently but unfortunately it’s also Cyberpunk levels of broken at the moment

this makes me want to try Cyberpunk now honestly, considering how wrong most accounts are about the new Pokemon right now

In all seriousness, there's sometimes a lightning-fast glitch passing by and a little bit of slowdown, apart from that it runs perfectly so far. It's certainly better than Sword, and even that had no real problems.

If something tells me it's "Cyberpunk-levels of broken", then I can only take this as hyperbole. :shrug:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol, keep trying buddy you're doing great

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Libluini posted:

this makes me want to try Cyberpunk now honestly, considering how wrong most accounts are about the new Pokemon right now

In all seriousness, there's sometimes a lightning-fast glitch passing by and a little bit of slowdown, apart from that it runs perfectly so far. It's certainly better than Sword, and even that had no real problems.

If something tells me it's "Cyberpunk-levels of broken", then I can only take this as hyperbole. :shrug:

Early Cyberpunk to be fair, the game runs perfectly fine nowadays

And yeah, that might have been a step too far to be honest but there is some video evidence out there of fairly major bugs that can pop up in SV (apparently due to a memory leak issue) but from what I’ve also seen your experience may vary

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sudden Javelin posted:

very concerned about investing too much time in pokemon whilst lamenting that the game hasn't put literally every single mon in

Them limiting which ones were in was an indication that they were prioritizing competitive balance, so it makes sense if that is not a part of the game you are interested in.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

Early Cyberpunk to be fair, the game runs perfectly fine nowadays

And yeah, that might have been a step too far to be honest but there is some video evidence out there of fairly major bugs that can pop up in SV (apparently due to a memory leak issue) but from what I’ve also seen your experience may vary

I'm not really convinced most of that video evidence is real, to be honest. I even tried catching Pokemon in the water, but to my utter disappointment nothing strange happened. I'll keep my eye out for any weird glitches in the future, but currently nothing so far. :shrug:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Bleck posted:

Mine's been hitting 60 more or less consistently.

It just, you know, has to drop a lot of the walls and models and animations to do it.

One weird trick to get perfect performance

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Libluini posted:

I'm not really convinced most of that video evidence is real, to be honest.

lol, yeah people are editing video to make the game look bad, that's totally what's happening

loving galaxy brain take here

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Large Testicles posted:

lol, yeah people are editing video to make the game look bad, that's totally what's happening

loving galaxy brain take here

it's pretty weird to make this post, considering that kind of poo poo is pretty normal human behavior, if that's a galaxy brain take, yours must represent like, a multiverse-level take

let's not kid ourselves, for everyone who just has one of those rare reality-warping Switches there's at least one person doing exactly this

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Libluini posted:

it's pretty weird to make this post, considering that kind of poo poo is pretty normal human behavior, if that's a galaxy brain take, yours must represent like, a multiverse-level take

let's not kid ourselves, for everyone who just has one of those rare reality-warping Switches there's at least one person doing exactly this

if you think that video in the tweet above is a faked video, i have a bridge to sell you

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Libluini posted:

I'm not really convinced most of that video evidence is real, to be honest. I even tried catching Pokemon in the water, but to my utter disappointment nothing strange happened. I'll keep my eye out for any weird glitches in the future, but currently nothing so far. :shrug:

This seems like a weird position to take as actual reviewers and people on this very forum have confirmed said glitches

The game’s fine if you look beyond all that though and I imagine most of the jank will get ironed out in future updates

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 18, 2022

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Pokemon will run at a flawless 60fps, but only if the player believes in it. The people posting videos of glitches are revealing themselves as haters and nonbelievers.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Finally, a switch game that performs so poorly that not even this thread can look past it. Feels kind of nice, like we're all in this one large table breaking bread. I'm feeling warm and fuzzy y'all.

Anyways, back to rogue legacy 2, this game continues to own so hard. It's the only game I've touched since it launched and I've drained my switch battery a few times. Just sitting there playing over and over and over again

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Pokémon Green would softlock if you evolved your starter before getting the pokédex, because it assumed that a player with two Pokémon must already have it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't think that's really comparable to constant stuttering and glitching during normal things like "walking" but point taken. I heard the first two pokémon games are an absolute trash fire of code

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Iwata had to come in and clean up Gold and Silver because the games were such messes iirc

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The first two Pokémon games are pretty good for the time, especially if you’re just looking at the NA releases. 90% of the bugs everybody brings up are incredibly obscure stuff a casual player would never notice, and almost any game from that time period has a similar number of obscure bugs that just didn’t get obsessively documented over decades as a result of being insanely popular.

Like, look at the glitches for Ocarina of Time or something. You could fill a book with them, not because the game is unusually buggy, but because it’s gotten a massive amount of attention and effort spent finding and documenting them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Libluini posted:

it has a pretty severe memory leak is the issue, so things get worse and it's kind of random when it does. if you reset the software like once a hour you'll probably be playing it as intended, such as that might be

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My lag tolerance is very high because I first played Portal on a laptop at 15 FPS. I'll report back in a couple hours about my personal experience with Violet.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

https://twitter.com/nagisa_Vzuki39/status/1593336482223525888

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I've been seeing a number of glitches for Pokemon S/V (not as many as I've expected tbh) but so far none of them seem gamebreaking, which is encouraging at least. Unless I've missed a lot of people posting those, of course.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

hatty posted:

Iwata had to come in and clean up Gold and Silver because the games were such messes iirc

They'd run out of space trying to do just Johto, and Iwata came in and optimized the code so well that they realized afterwards they could fit Kanto in there as well.

Story's always been told as an example of just how good Iwata was, but I think it might also be one of our earliest examples of just how bad GF is.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Morpheus posted:

I've been seeing a number of glitches for Pokemon S/V (not as many as I've expected tbh) but so far none of them seem gamebreaking, which is encouraging at least. Unless I've missed a lot of people posting those, of course.

yeah, nothing has made the game unplayable for me but it's definitely not as fun as it could be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Snake Maze posted:

Pokemon will run at a flawless 60fps, but only if the player believes in it. The people posting videos of glitches are revealing themselves as haters and nonbelievers.

This op