Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Coming into this season Tua was 8-8 against teams over .500. Removing the Bills who he can’t beat to save his life, he would be 7-3 (not counting the game he threw 3 passes agains the Bills).

So basically, he can’t beat the Bills or the two best teams in the league this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes but your posting about it has increased as the Jets got worse and that isn’t a coincidence

Just today because he was loving dogshit and the Jets are such a loving abomination that they still lost by 3 TDs lol

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

TheBizzness posted:

So basically, he can’t beat the Bills or the two best teams in the league this season.

So you admit he's worse than Zach Wilson

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Black Lighter posted:

So you admit he's worse than Zach Wilson

I’ve never argued to the contrary!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Hey Tua managed to beat the Bills when he was severely concussed.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I can't imagine having my brain broke so bad that I'm going to hyperfixate on an opposing quarterback better than any my team has had at very best since the Kennedy assassination.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Hamhandler posted:

I can't imagine having my brain broke so bad that I'm going to hyperfixate on an opposing quarterback better than any my team has had at very best since the Kennedy assassination.

Whenever you see mcmagic talk about a player or team just remember that the opinions being expressed are based off the worst game or play they were involved in and since that thing happened, there is no possible way said team or player is good

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tua was bad today. The fact that the Jets can’t score is not a point in his favor

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

nachos posted:

Whenever you see mcmagic talk about a player or team just remember that the opinions being expressed are based off the worst game or play they were involved in and since that thing happened, there is no possible way said team or player is good

He also hates any player that has ever played for another AFC East team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Double post

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I just want confirmation here that you guys accept Kirk Cousins as a top QB god if you are going to rave on about Tuas stats

Just checking on the consistency

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
For a billionaire woody sure is a loving cucked beta loser huh? kinda sad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nodoze posted:

I just want confirmation here that you guys accept Kirk Cousins as a top QB god if you are going to rave on about Tuas stats

Just checking on the consistency

I’m not a Kirk hater. I think he’s better than Tua. Tua is younger and has room to grow.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Forget the stats. I think Tua is a top 10 QB who sometimes looks like a top 5. Like the jets are supposed to be this defense that embarrasses elite QBs and Tua had two awful interceptions and otherwise looked fine? Good? I've seen games where he had four passes worse than those two but he got lucky on those and this time he didn't. It happens. Maybe we'll play those good teams later in the season and he'll look like a dud and you can say he's a fraud or whatever but he's clearly not Zach Wilson or deshaun Watson or zeppo marx so why wouldn't dolphins fans be pretty happy about him?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Tua is pretty good. He's not dogshit and he's not great. He's perfectly acceptable, and Dolfans should be happy about how he's developed. I still wouldn't want to pay him $50 million a year though.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If you’re asking if I’ll take Kirk Cousins who is maybe OVER confident but will never throw for 6 yards on 4th and 13 the answer is yes.

He turns the ball over too much and is not great at improvising but he’s easily the most fun QB the Dolphins have had to watch since I became an adult.

If he could just stop having 3 awful brain farts a game he’d be really good, imo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean the jets prove you pay to have even decent QB play. As otherwise it’s just miserable to watch

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Parallax posted:

Forget the stats. I think Tua is a top 10 QB who sometimes looks like a top 5. Like the jets are supposed to be this defense that embarrasses elite QBs and Tua had two awful interceptions and otherwise looked fine? Good? I've seen games where he had four passes worse than those two but he got lucky on those and this time he didn't. It happens. Maybe we'll play those good teams later in the season and he'll look like a dud and you can say he's a fraud or whatever but he's clearly not Zach Wilson or deshaun Watson or zeppo marx so why wouldn't dolphins fans be pretty happy about him?

Because everything about NYJ is god awful and mcmagic needs something to hold onto.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Tua is pretty good. He's not dogshit and he's not great. He's perfectly acceptable, and Dolfans should be happy about how he's developed. I still wouldn't want to pay him $50 million a year though.

Literally every time I see Tua play his throws have less on them. He has the worst throwing arm of NFL QBs and it's not remotely close. He can throw to wide open WR's in perfect conditions and if they can run under his floating ducks and throw it within 5 yards of the LOS pretty well but he's incredibly limited and if you don't see that when you watch him play you're lying to yourself.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Professor Funk posted:

This is completely fair. The Dolphins really have no other choice though and I think most reasonable Dolfans (who don’t think Skylar should be starting) are ok with it, though I understand why Bills and Jets fans would also be fine with it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

mcmagic posted:

Literally every time I see Tua play his throws have less on them. He has the worst throwing arm of NFL QBs and it's not remotely close. He can throw to wide open WR's in perfect conditions and if they can run under his floating ducks and throw it within 5 yards of the LOS pretty well but he's incredibly limited and if you don't see that when you watch him play you're lying to yourself.

21 perfect conditions so far this season! :)

edit: 22

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Nov 25, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Tua is good. I want to pretend he's not but that'd be cope. He's in the top 10 and probably basically worth the absurd contract he'll command.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah how many jets fans would have salivated over trading for Kirk cousins just a couple weeks ago lol

Not looking forward to paying Tua with his health history but also what the gently caress are you gonna do, trade for some 40 year old guy? At least Tua isnt Daniel Jones level. And I think Tua does respond well to coaching and would benefit from an actual line and some cleaner playcalling. It's not like you look at the offense and think it's peaked with him when there's still so many glaring issues

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

He’s a good enough QB to get the ball reliably to his excellent skill players and it’s shocking how many qbs can’t even do that

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I agree with the three posts above me and I’m a little bit more worried about sus playcalling than Tua atm.

Edit: I saw what the Dolphins looked like in games without him last season and it’s cope to pretend he doesn’t make a positive impact.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 25, 2023

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think you take Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Herbert, Stroud, and Jackson over Tua without debate.

Then I think you can place him reasonably anywhere in the Lawrence, Purdy, Prescott, Cousins, Goff, Stafford grouping and be good. I'd personally probably put him ahead of all of those except Purdy and maybe Prescott.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wouldn’t take Herbert. Herbert makes even Tua look clutch.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I would absolutely take Dak over Tua 10 times out of 10. I'd probably take Cousins over him too? That's a much closer call.

CubanMissile posted:

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm so loving tired of talking about tua. i'm sorry if i've contributed to that. i'll try to do better.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Most of the posts in this thread are about the high irrelevant NYJ, so it’s fine by me.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
All credit due to mcmagic, dude creates content like nobody else. Without him this thread would just be any other divisional thread and have half as many posts.

We don’t have to agree for me to respect your steeze.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

I'm so loving tired of talking about tua. i'm sorry if i've contributed to that. i'll try to do better.

drat bro right before my shout out?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

CubanMissile posted:

I would take Herbert over anybody except mahomes. Thank God he's stuck on the chargers

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Professor Funk posted:

Really insightful stuff, this has never been talked about before

Sorry.

I'm just now getting caught up on NY Jets football history after never having a reason to bother since I came out of the womb. One of my earliest memories of discovering football was seeing grainy footage of some dude named Joe Namath. I'm probably one of the only people posting here who ever saw him play.

And I honestly didn't realize until recently that Joe was as good as it ever got.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Tua's good and easily top 10. But it's another situation in which everything has gone right for him. Firing Flores, bringing in McDaniel, getting Hill. Much the same as Hurts & Mahomes in which it's easy to see them going anywhere else and failing.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tua’s better than every dogshit QB mentioned here

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Best QBs of All Time

1. Marino
2. Tua
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Tom Brady
5. 2008 Chad Pennington

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Tua was on the Jets mcmagic would never shut up about him.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

fsif posted:

I think you take Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Hurts, Herbert, Stroud, and Jackson over Tua without debate.

Then I think you can place him reasonably anywhere in the Lawrence, Purdy, Prescott, Cousins, Goff, Stafford grouping and be good. I'd personally probably put him ahead of all of those except Purdy and maybe Prescott.

Hurts is the one I’m really still doubting which tier he’s in purely bc he’s surrounded by insane talent and still looks inconsistent as gently caress most of the time. He’s got the best o-line in football too. Idk I think he’s probably closer to that 2nd tier but I’m a hater.

Otherwise yea pretty much agreed. I actually like Tua better than Prescott but not with his injury issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

god doesn’t want you to win and has cursed your team, jets fans

simply choose another team