Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

BraveUlysses posted:

hmm i dont think those are oem because they have the cheap-as-poo poo looking hub design that can be drilled for two different bolt patterns.

dude had seriously turbocurbed every bit of both wheels. i think you can see it if you zoom in on the full res version:

https://i.imgur.com/8HnaGvO.jpg

haha holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

hmm i dont think those are oem because they have the cheap-as-poo poo looking hub design that can be drilled for two different bolt patterns.

dude had seriously turbocurbed every bit of both wheels. i think you can see it if you zoom in on the full res version:

The entire lip is ground down the whole way around

That had to be on purpose. Right ? No one is that consistent with their curb rash

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My theory is they accidentally curbed it once, and after looking up the cost of new rims, decided to go all in on the ground down aesthetic.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, it's certainly intentional. There's no way to curb equally like that. It's a lovely home grind job.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Looks like just in front of the rear wheel the body work is actually a little hosed up.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

BraveUlysses posted:

Ah I didn't mean they were OEM wheels, I meant that they were aftermarket wheels with a two tone design but yeah, after seeing the high resolution photo that's definitely a lovely DIY job.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Looked at the ground down wheels, then noticed the chunks of rubber missing from the tires at the lip of the rim. I want to see them take a right turn at speed.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That actually reminds me of a Micro Machines set I had as a kid. It came in a little toolbox with 2 Nascar looking cars, several bolt on engines, multiple sets of wheels including monster truck ones and the axles were adjustable so you could if you wanted, put the racing slicks on the front and jack up the back end with the monster truck wheels.

...so for this guy to basically be driving around cool toy poo poo from my childhood, I can't hate this. It just needs a massive V8 out the bonnet and a huge spoiler on the back :allears:

I had this exact set! I loved the yellow and black car so much.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

I don't know if the 'DOGED' is intentional on the part of the owner or just a very negligent body shop, but it sure is mediocre.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Our new Subaru will beep at you if the car in front of you starts to pull away from a stop.

Great, so now manufacturers are coddling people who bury their nose in their phone at a stop.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

xzzy posted:

Our new Subaru will beep at you if the car in front of you starts to pull away from a stop.

Great, so now manufacturers are coddling people who bury their nose in their phone at a stop.

Sounds like a backwards front collision warning , maybe they just hooked it up wrong ? Indicating when things are getting further away instead of closer

I can't find anything on their website aside from the usual pre collision braking , warning etc. Which is quickly becoming standard on almost all cars

At least it's not the vibrating seats cadillac decided would be a good idea, in normal city driving you are treated to a free massage the whole trip without even asking for one

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Anymore I'm impressed when someone takes their eyes off their phone and pulls away from a stop light.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

No, it's intentional. The car beeps and a pop up shows on the LCD that says the car in front of you is moving.

Discovered it because the guy in front of me decided to roll onto a set of railroad tracks and I didn't want to. :v:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
What a brilliant design feature that totally won't drive people mad when the person in front of them plays the 'stop, scooch up, stop, and scooch up again' game.

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

IPCRESS posted:

What a brilliant design feature that totally won't drive people mad when the person in front of them plays the 'stop, scooch up, stop, and scooch up again' game.

I've only had it go off in our 2016 Outback once, when I let the radar cruise control take me all the way down to a stop at a red light (on a low-travel highway that passes through a bunch of small towns). I was hovering the brake to see what the system would do, and on the highway -> town transition it took me from 60 to 0 following the car in front of me. When the light turned green and the car ahead went, the Outback wouldn't just blindly follow the car forwards - it beeped and let me know the car had moved.

It also took probably 5-10 seconds after the car moved before it beeped. I've never had it go off in normal traffic, so it's not that sensitive.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cellular Suicide posted:

I've only had it go off in our 2016 Outback once, when I let the radar cruise control take me all the way down to a stop at a red light (on a low-travel highway that passes through a bunch of small towns). I was hovering the brake to see what the system would do, and on the highway -> town transition it took me from 60 to 0 following the car in front of me. When the light turned green and the car ahead went, the Outback wouldn't just blindly follow the car forwards - it beeped and let me know the car had moved.

It also took probably 5-10 seconds after the car moved before it beeped. I've never had it go off in normal traffic, so it's not that sensitive.

This is my experience in my wife's 2016 Impreza.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

xzzy posted:

No, it's intentional. The car beeps and a pop up shows on the LCD that says the car in front of you is moving.

Discovered it because the guy in front of me decided to roll onto a set of railroad tracks and I didn't want to. :v:
That is totally not going to condition people to a knee jerk reaction of just flooring the pedal without taking their eyes off the phone since clearly the car is already moving.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Hmmm, yes, driving around on taxpayer funded roads is an excellent way to find John Galt.

:thunk:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Remember the dude who dunked his brand new C63 AMG?

https://youtu.be/Z7ZSX03t8XA

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

Remember the dude who dunked his brand new C63 AMG?

https://youtu.be/Z7ZSX03t8XA

I couldn't watch the whole thing. I got fed up with his constant whining.

Car's got an electrical problem? OK, it sucks, but you you just make a plan to get it back to the dealer and let them sort it out. Take your shoes off, pop a beer, turn on the game and forget about it for a while. Nothing else you can do.

Recording 15 minutes of nonstop bitching is not a worthwhile use of your time.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

"I'm not one of those youtubers who makes everything dramatic to get views"

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Deteriorata posted:

I couldn't watch the whole thing. I got fed up with his constant whining.

Car's got an electrical problem? OK, it sucks, but you you just make a plan to get it back to the dealer and let them sort it out. Take your shoes off, pop a beer, turn on the game and forget about it for a while. Nothing else you can do.

Recording 15 minutes of nonstop bitching is not a worthwhile use of your time.

It is when you consider what he makes off the views money wise.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I kept waiting for the MB sponsorship notice.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I liked the part near the end where he was bitching at the pleb in the Hyundai for having some sort of problem in front of him.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cab?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah, apparently a taxi in Baghdad

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
This better not be an elaborate loss edit.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Fuckin smokers. I'd totally do that if I paid for my own car to be a cab.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Gomi Day posted:

donks are cool and good.

Not a donk, but I'll allow it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wasabi the J posted:

Fuckin smokers. I'd totally do that if I paid for my own car to be a cab.

My first thought was barf-proofing [before I read the location], but yeah, this is probably the real motivation, innit

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Code Jockey posted:

My first thought was barf-proofing [before I read the location], but yeah, this is probably the real motivation, innit

Or, given the location, hosing off blood.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Or, given the location, hosing off blood.

Just like Grandma's :allears:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
They smoke any time in The ME. I used to be a smoker and it still seemed excessive.

Iraq isn't necessarily peaceful, but life goes on in places like Baghdad. So what I'm getting at is it's probably not for blood.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This thing was a hot goddamn mess. Grim Reaper badge on the back, different rims front to rear, execrable body kit, mismatched colour on the front quarter panel, and if you look closely, you can see the exhaust nearly scraping along the ground.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Memento posted:

This thing was a hot goddamn mess. Grim Reaper badge on the back, different rims front to rear, execrable body kit, mismatched colour on the front quarter panel, and if you look closely, you can see the exhaust nearly scraping along the ground.

Is the front just plastic or is it a matte finish? Because it looks like it would shatter from a hard look.

A MEGA EXPLODING
Oct 4, 2012

I may be an underachiever, but I do have a name!

Memento posted:

that poor soarer :(

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

1JZ turbo, 2JZ or 1UZ d'ya reckon judging from the exterior?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Olympic Mathlete posted:

1JZ turbo, 2JZ or 1UZ d'ya reckon judging from the exterior?

Dual exhaust tells me it should be a 1UZ.