Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think a lot more people than you think care about that.

He already defended Trump's policies by saying they'll just be undone later. Dude is a sociopath a troll or both. gently caress him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 26, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TLny6H7frg

"I wanted Preferential Ballot, the other parties didn't, so we ain't doing poo poo. Besides, what we REALLY need to focus on is growth for the Middle Class."

Do cowardly governments in other countries hide behind the "middle class" as a shield so blatantly?

Trump nuke us please.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Someone edit that comic with the bird yelling 'Liberals' to him yelling 'MIDDLE CLASS' and then print out a thousand copies and force feed them to JT.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Coxswain Balls posted:

"I wanted Preferential Ballot, the other parties didn't, so we ain't doing poo poo. Besides, what we REALLY need to focus on is growth for the Middle Class."

Do cowardly governments in other countries hide behind the "middle class" as a shield so blatantly?

:lol: all the Liberals sitting around him look utterly stone faced and aren't even pretending to clap for anything he says:

Seriously anyone who hasn't clicked on the link it's worth watching just for the look of buyer's remorse on the faces of his caucus.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
My ex-fiancee got the Order of Canada in this current batch.

I nominated her for it because she would never ask anyone to do it, lol. Six months later, poof, CM.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
The middle class votes and it's more palatable to do them a solid than to help out the 1%.

It's also easier to sell than social assistance to low income and underemployed people.

That's our Liberal party! Too spinelessly centrist to do anything useful.

(Hashtag Trudeau Doesn't Care About Poor People.)

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
I have re-read the correspondence with JM20 from that day.

I would like to state fully, and completely and regretfully that I was wrong. I misinterpretted his intentions. His intentions were not "Ha, I doxxed you and here's how" it was "You got doxxed this way, so you don't get doxxed in future". That being said, the tone could have been a little less abrasive to begin with.

To show my contrition, I am fully willing to purchase JM20, or risky bisquick a forum update of his choice, including a forum red text for myself.

Bunnyofdoom

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

We'll probably never know, but the thread was universally reviled by it if it's any consolation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Coxswain Balls posted:

God this pisses me off!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Contact information for the PMO

The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
Office of the Prime Minister of Canada
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2
Tel: 613-992-4211
Fax: 613-941-6900
Email: pm@pm.gc.ca

There's a receptionist there right now, but the actual office seems to be closed at the moment. You'll still be able to leave a voicemail though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Coxswain Balls posted:

What a little fuckface. Repeating the same horseshit or making unrelated comments about protecting against cyberattacks. Good on Angry Tom for pressing him.

gently caress you Trudeau, whatever respect I had for him is gone now. I would never vote Conservative but this has confirmed I will never vote Liberal now. More NDP it is!

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Maybe Trump being a gigantic piece of poo poo and Trudeau being a milquetoast piece of poo poo who's progressive mask is falling apart will be what starts to mend the left in North America who have become more and more fractured.

Probably not, but it'd be nice.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Called my MP (:lol: like that will do anything)
Felt kind of bad for the staffer that answered the phone, that has to be a lovely job no matter what party you're working with.

Will also leave a voicemail at Trudeau's number too.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 26, 2018

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

bunnyofdoom posted:

I have re-read the correspondence with JM20 from that day.

I would like to state fully, and completely and regretfully that I was wrong. I misinterpretted his intentions. His intentions were not "Ha, I doxxed you and here's how" it was "You got doxxed this way, so you don't get doxxed in future". That being said, the tone could have been a little less abrasive to begin with.

To show my contrition, I am fully willing to purchase JM20, or risky bisquick a forum update of his choice, including a forum red text for myself.

Bunnyofdoom

You can donate the money to the cclu and have whomever in this thread match. I can work around the whole no pm thing.

If I reach out to people in this thread, I'm trying to help you. Except osi, I was trying to send him some lemonparty pics

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Will make a nice match to the ACLU donation I made on Saturday

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
My MP's voicemail was full, but I sent an email to both her and the PM, and will call in the morning.

What an utterly cynical decision. No wonder Coyne is defending it on Twitter.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

Hey. Sticking my dick in here for a second. Uh, this is my final straw and I quitting and walking away as soon as I get another job.

Also jm20 is the one who doxx ed me.

Good luck my man

Also calling my MP because why not.

Dreylad fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 2, 2017

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hey bunnyofdoom gently caress you you shill gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Hey where is the debate about the appropriateness about vandalising Kellie leitch's constituency office I think it's pretty hasty to pass judgement that we should be destroying private property like that like fascists

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I don't have time to read the thread anymore but I'm sure today's news has been discussed at length so all I'll add is ~gently caress the liberals~

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Here's where you explain what part of hanging a banner is destruction of property.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

namaste faggots posted:

Hey where is the debate about the appropriateness about vandalising Kellie leitch's constituency office I think it's pretty hasty to pass judgement that we should be destroying private property like that like fascists

Yeah man! Today it's banners but tomorrow it might be placards! Or bunting! :ohdear:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
goddammit i was hoping someone in the world at last would promise electoral reform in a country and then not abandon it the moment they realise it wouldn't necessarily benefit them in the short term

well so much for that one, commiserations canadians

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Heaven forfend!

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Risky Bisquick posted:

If I reach out to people in this thread, I'm trying to help you. Except osi, I was trying to send him some lemonparty pics

You're a terrible poster but I take back what I said about you--sorry. Also good luck trying to send me shock images because I've seen every thing worse than blue waffles. :smug:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

Coxswain Balls posted:

Contact information for the PMO

The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
Office of the Prime Minister of Canada
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2
Tel: 613-992-4211
Fax: 613-941-6900
Email: pm@pm.gc.ca

There's a receptionist there right now, but the actual office seems to be closed at the moment. You'll still be able to leave a voicemail though.

and you can send physical letters free of postage

you could also get creative and write his address on stuff then send it. like a potato. cause hes a potato head

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Before I leave let me just drop this genius bomb, courtesy of me from the past

Heavy neutrino posted:

Actually I think they're going the opposite way. They're bringing up the words "broad consensus" often enough that I'm guessing they're working as hard as they can to fail to find any broad consensus.

CBC posted:

​"There has been tremendous work by the House of Commons Special Committee on Electoral Reform, outreach by Members of Parliament by all parties, and engagement of 360,000 individuals in Canada through mydemocracy.ca," Trudeau writes in his letter to Gould.

"A clear preference for a new electoral system, let alone a consensus, has not emerged. Furthermore, without a clear preference or a clear question, a referendum would not be in Canada's interest. Changing the electoral system will not be in your mandate."

Gould was appointed minister last month, replacing Maryam Monsef.

"Our view has always been clear. Major reforms to the electoral system, changes of this magnitude should not be made if they lack the broad support of Canadians," Gould told reporters at a news conference convened to comment on her new mandate letter.

"It has become evident that the broad support needed among Canadians for a change of this magnitude does not exist."

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

namaste faggots posted:

Hey bunnyofdoom gently caress you you shill gently caress

I guess well never know who doxxed bunny

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

RBC posted:

you could also get creative and write his address on stuff then send it. like a potato. cause hes a potato head

Or a human foot.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

OSI bean dip posted:

You're a terrible poster but I take back what I said about you--sorry. Also good luck trying to send me shock images because I've seen every thing worse than blue waffles. :smug:

I honestly thought you would bite after I double double double doubled down on some stupid opinion that made no sense. Maybe next time.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Today's a big day in canpol history.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

RBC posted:

Is there a size limit to this because I'd love to mail him a giant loving concrete post with 'you'll never be the first one past this ever again' stenciled on the side.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Stickarts posted:

Today's a big day in canpol history.

A whole new generation learned what a bunch of lying shills the Liberals are.

And now they can all stay home in 2019 because their "votes don't matter" and the CPC can sweep back to power.

gg Liberals.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

Woops

Edit for when they inevitably scrub it: the Liberals forgot to remove their campaign pledge to change FPTP before announcing they were dropping it.

Heavy neutrino fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Feb 2, 2017

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

Make sure to save it:
https://archive.fo/sHQAY

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

A whole new generation learned what a bunch of lying shills the Liberals are.

And now they can all stay home in 2019 because their "votes don't matter" and the CPC can sweep back to power.

gg Liberals.

At least I can be vindicated after some of my friends gave me poo poo in 2015 for not voting Liberal, yay :smith:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Reddit straight up shut down /r/altright today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I've really enjoyed the past 8 hours of pissing and moaning from you dumb stupid fucks who voted for the federal Liberals, honestly believed they weren't campaigning on a pack of lies, and are now remembering that "Oh, yeah, they've pulled this trick for over 40 loving years". Really, it's gullible little munchkins like you who do our country proud. :allears:

I can't wait until they back out of legalizing weed, too, and all the loving stoners clog up some arterial roads to bang on drums and generally display some grand cognitive dissonance about reality.

Oh yeah, double points if any of you went to that stupid Trump protest march last week and don't roll out of bed to make some noise about this garbage. :fuckoff: