Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Once a Koos posted:

Homestuck is a puzzle, but also a solution to a puzzle.

Is it the same puzzle, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Hremsfeld posted:

In case anyone was wondering, no, Caliborn's "true land" doesn't actually have a name.

Either that, or my timing is just poo poo :iiam:

They're chopped-up bits and pieces of previous land names, apparently; about the only thing we can guess is that those words probably are not any of the words they're censored out with. (Kanaya's Frogs certainly didn't have any trace of Frogs in it pre-reveal.)

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Hremsfeld posted:

If Koos was serious about feeding SA money for no good reason, he'd keep buying the same avatar, too :colbert:

In case anyone was wondering, no, Caliborn's "true land" doesn't actually have a name.

Precident says that it's the Land of Frogs and Frogs.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Hremsfeld posted:

If Koos was serious about feeding SA money for no good reason, he'd keep buying the same avatar, too :colbert:

Someone on tumblr had the interesting idea that it'll be called Land of Colours and Mayhem.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I think it would be kind of neat if, since Caliborn's original planet was the Land of ____ and ____, that the glitch-text we're now seeing is actually there and he's got some sort of crazy MissingNo. planet.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Precident says that it's the Land of Frogs and Frogs.

Maybe the Land of Frogs and Pogs.

Frogs are back. In Pog form.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The Land of Land and Land.

thats the land dipshit. its just a land.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm holding out for a Land of Stairs and Falling.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Didn't see anyone post this--new album!

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Thank you Vriska. You are truly the hero we all deserve. Also Hussie uploaded two panels instead of eight so now the entire infodump is RUINED.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh no.

Oh God no! :stonk:

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Mar 17, 2013

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Elysiume posted:

Didn't see anyone post this new album!

You're about 4 pages too late actually.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Mazerunner posted:

You're about 4 pages too late actually.
Someday I'll manage to stay caught up with the thread. I looked three pages back, which obviously wasn't quite far enough.
edit: Also I forgot to set search to order by date rather than relevance so the only high rated Homestuck hits were months old.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Oh, yes.

Oh God yes!

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
I think we just hit peak Homestuck.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Have to admit, this got the biggest chuckle out of me. I hope this is Hussies way of saying "Arenea doesn't know everything"

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Line Feed posted:

Also Hussie uploaded two panels instead of eight so now the entire infodump is RUINED.

I enjoy this because it means that if Vriska hadn't intervened, Aranea would have had at least six pages' worth of things to say about leprechaun genitals. Which is probably cutting it short a bit, by her standards.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Aw man, we were about to learn about leprechaun sex.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And here we have the first action of Vriska's that I whole-heartedly approve of.

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

I enjoy this because it means that if Vriska hadn't intervened, Aranea would have had at least six pages' worth of things to say about leprechaun genitals. Which is probably cutting it short a bit, by her standards.

She herself said she can and has talked about the subject for weeks at a time.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Let me tell you about charms... :allears:

Also here's Dante Basco surrounded by internet:

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Before this update, I wanted a satisfying explanation as to where the Felt came from.

I don't want one any more. This is better.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Freudian posted:

Before this update, I wanted a satisfying explanation as to where the Felt came from.

I don't want one any more. This is better.

I love the nods to parts of the fanbase being inexplicably fascinated with the Felt for a really long time. It died off over time, but for months and months after the Intermission a huge volume of the fanart and such surrounding Homestuck was Felt-centric, and people clamoured restlessly for more adventures with these loveable (?) green coffin fillers.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Kind of obvious observation about Vriska and Aranea:

Vriska had to be the one who controlled the story, who was responsible for everything that happened in it. Since it was going to happen anyway, she had to do it. (Most infamously by prototyping Jack Noir with Bec)

Aranea has to KNOW everything about the story. Even though she is passive instead of active, she still has have that total control over what happens, even if it is just through explicating it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

:allears:

How long until we get fans unironically trying to decipher the uh, 'charm' grid?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Desfore posted:

Aw man, we were about to learn about leprechaun sex.

Did you really want to learn the true nature of Crowbar's crowbar?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The instant some fan comes up with a workable theory of leprechaun romance, I want to hear about it. I need to know if there's actually somebody that crazy out there. I'm counting on you, this thread.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Someone on Tumblr posted:

You know. The update has revealed that Clover of The Felt was hitting on everyone.

Well then.

Edit: I skimmed a lot of this update so I don't know if this is true or not, but figured it was relevant to the leprechaun genitals discussion.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 17, 2013

senseinobu
Jul 28, 2008
Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh wow, this REALLY complicates the shipping grids.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
This is the best page in Homestuck. It's all downhill from here, unless, I suppose, we ever learn about Squiddle romance.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Bongo Bill posted:

The instant some fan comes up with a workable theory of leprechaun romance, I want to hear about it. I need to know if there's actually somebody that crazy out there. I'm counting on you, this thread.

You should probably be counting on tumblr, actually.

And 15 year olds posting serious "Trigger Warning" updates because they feel society is discriminating against their "charms"

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I was really expecting to open the second Dialoglog and just see "THIS IS STUPID". I can't decide if what we got is better.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Graceful Graveler posted:

This is the best page in Homestuck. It's all downhill from here, unless, I suppose, we ever learn about Squiddle romance.

Given the theory that the Squiddles were the 48 players who launched the Trolls session, that could get really complicated.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Graceful Graveler posted:

We will not be learning about Squiddle romance, the main reason being that most monitors are 2-D, and thus unable to properly display a three-dimensional grid.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Areana is the best infallible narrator.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

And with just one update, all of Vriska's sins were forgiven, forever.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
It's Saint Patty's day you fat nasty trash :sbahj:

Also this completely explains why Spades Slick killed them all. They were all flirting with him with their pranks and jigs and he just had to kill them for it.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

AriadneThread posted:

:allears:

How long until we get fans unironically trying to decipher the uh, 'charm' grid?

Bongo Bill posted:

It is already here

http://shadowfan36.tumblr.com/post/45538730680/felt-charm-headcanons#notes

It is always already here.

Thanks, shadowfan36

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This was a Mighty Funny update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I wonder if this means this is the actual end of Aranea's story. This wasn't an 8-paged update like the other parts were. I'm hoping we'll actually go back to seeing Caliborn in action and not just hearing about it. Telling is nice, but showing is better.