Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

Tua is pretty good. He's not dogshit and he's not great. He's perfectly acceptable, and Dolfans should be happy about how he's developed. I still wouldn't want to pay him $50 million a year though.

Id agree with this. Tua does a few things truly elite, like his ball placement and timing, but he does very very dumb things randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's very funny that Saleh watched his offense for the whole of this season and chose to go out there today and poo poo on Breece Hall. He really has his finger on the pulse, doesn't he?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

don't teams with qb situations this dire usually try something that de-emphasizes the qb as much as possible

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Saleh should get up that that podium and immediately call Tua a noodled arm bitch

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Saleh should get up that that podium and immediately call Tua a noodled arm bitch

Go post about Tua on Tuanon twitter. Can we move on?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

please stop chatting about the afc east quarterback in the afc east thread

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Id rather post it here tho

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

It's very funny that Saleh watched his offense for the whole of this season and chose to go out there today and poo poo on Breece Hall. He really has his finger on the pulse, doesn't he?

I think he’s kinda right about Breece Hall tbh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I think he’s kinda right about Breece Hall tbh

He's right but who gives a poo poo. that isn't the reason they can't score any points.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Phillips likely won't be good for 2 years if ever again knowing pass rushers and that kind of injury so............ the Dolphins are definitely going to sign Bryce Huff, right?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Jets fans, can we interest you in a gently used Will Grier?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Dolphins fans have decided Bryce Huff needs to address where he stands on Tuas atm before we’d even consider it. I’m sorry, that’s just how it is.

Phillips will be back. Gotta give him his shot to prove it. Poor dude was having a great year when he wasn’t injured.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1728455574692692177?t=Iz3-fGBgonrJ6Ttd7yJoHg&s=19

You can go ahead and write next year off as a wasted year too. I've seen enough from these geniuses to know if even one of them stays, so's the hopelessness

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
For anyone wondering the most recent best case scenario for a pass rusher recovering from an Achilles tear is… T Suggs.

Mcmagic is right in that the historical precedent isn’t great. Maybe Phillips can learn from Ramsey and his recovery.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/1728455574692692177?t=Iz3-fGBgonrJ6Ttd7yJoHg&s=19

You can go ahead and write next year off as a wasted year too. I've seen enough from these geniuses to know if even one of them stays, so's the hopelessness

I think there's still this general sense that Hackett would have been fine with Rodgers because Rodgers did so well with him in GB. Worth remembering that there was an offensive HC that actually did the play calling.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Amy Pole Her posted:

For anyone wondering the most recent best case scenario for a pass rusher recovering from an Achilles tear is… T Suggs.

Mcmagic is right in that the historical precedent isn’t great. Maybe Phillips can learn from Ramsey and his recovery.

Luckily, there's a quarterback who's taught himself how to heal such injuries through the power of mud right there in his own division

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Black Lighter posted:

Luckily, there's a quarterback who's taught himself how to heal such injuries through the power of mud right there in his own division

If he comes back and looks decent, I’m all for Phillips going into a dark cave for 3-5 days or whatever he did.

https://x.com/VBSofficial_/status/1728194641563128052?s=20

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Sounds like this Tua guy is pretty drat good

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fsif posted:

I think there's still this general sense that Hackett would have been fine with Rodgers because Rodgers did so well with him in GB. Worth remembering that there was an offensive HC that actually did the play calling.

FWIW Rodgers overrode adjusted a lot of LaFleur's calls. The Packers offense this year has looked really different compared to the past few seasons. Much more focus on play action and 10-25 yard passes especially over the middle. Rodgers mostly threw short or deep, not in between, and almost never over the middle of the field.

One of the biggest difference going from 2019-2021 to losing Hackett in 2022 made was in the red zone efficiency.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The sequence as I recall was…

1. Back breaking Hail Mary pick six
2. Sideline interview with a Saleh that sounds like he's fighting back tears
3. This commercial

https://twitter.com/highlightheaven/status/1728166676414210319?s=20

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

The sequence as I recall was…

1. Back breaking Hail Mary pick six
2. Sideline interview with a Saleh that sounds like he's fighting back tears
3. This commercial

https://twitter.com/highlightheaven/status/1728166676414210319?s=20

Yeah that's correct

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol we’re really doing this today? Sauce gave up 1 catch yesterday on 2 targets.

https://twitter.com/nealdriscoll/status/1728449211585474908?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

so is saleh just some kind of idiot or an rear end in a top hat

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Saleh is going to make a nice DC for the Bills.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

lol we’re really doing this today? Sauce gave up 1 catch yesterday on 2 targets.

https://twitter.com/nealdriscoll/status/1728449211585474908?s=46&t=DcBXErlGIUJUj8quAgYfkQ

When you're bottom of the barrel dogshit you have to take it from fans of slightly better but still dogshit franchises.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

WalletBeef posted:

Saleh is going to make a nice DC for the Bills.

He's probably going to go work for one of the Shanahan boys.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Cam Wake ruptured his Achilles the same year as Suggs and came back amazing so I’m going to assume Phillips will do the same.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

Cam Wake ruptured his Achilles the same year as Suggs and came back amazing so I’m going to assume Phillips will do the same.

Achilles surgery and rehab has definitely improved significantly. Phillips should still be able to play good ball if it all goes well

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I completely forgot Wake had that injury. God he was such a beast.

I really think Phillips will be fine. Ramsey looks like the best corner in the AFCE after rupturing his earlier this year. Fingers crossed hes okay.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 25, 2023

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Amy Pole Her posted:

I completely forgot Wake had that injury. God he was such a beast.

I really think Phillips will be fine. Ramsey looks like the best corner in the AFCE after rupturing his earlier this year. Fingers crossed hes okay.

Ramsey was a meniscus tear.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah I confused Ramsey with White on the Bills tearing his. Brain broken

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If Phillips gets in the infrared room with dolphin love making noises he could be back by the Super Bowl

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Diva Cupcake posted:

Well, he was pretty obviously holding on the one pass he "defended".

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

torgeaux posted:

Well, he was pretty obviously holding on the one pass he "defended".
lol imo

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

You're right, that big handful of jersey clearly shown on video is part of the McMagic alternate universe.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holding? Sauce has a limp noodle hand, can’t grab jersey with such noodle hands. Big noodle

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Sauce is still excellent and so is Bryce. I’m not going to say they’re intentionally not playing as hard but it’s tough to give it your all for a lost cause especially in Bryce’s case.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mulaney Power Move posted:

so is saleh just some kind of idiot or an rear end in a top hat

He's either a clueless moron or he has so little power in the organization that he can't decide who starts for the team.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

quote:

“Gabe Davis had zero catches in the game but in my mind was the Player of the Game,” Brady said. “It was a selfless mindset what he was doing in the run game, what he was doing in the pass game to get guys open.”

Here's hoping Gabe can be Player of the Game tomorrow as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

They're punishing non-Jets fans now. The offense is just as bad but it's not as funny (Hail Mary returned for a pick six notwithstanding).

Oh I don't know about that. It's very funny in a sick way.

Aaron Rodgers. 4x MVP, Champion, 475 TDs.
And available...
The ultimate prize for a team delirious for good quarterback play. Dolfans and Bills fans (Pats fans would also have done what the Jets did too) pretend like this was so stupid of the Jets but this was irresistible. If the Bills were in the same situation of Nathan Peterman starting would I want them to "bet the farm" for Aaron Rodgers? Yes.

Rodgers brings his own farm with him and his "farm animals."

One of the farm animals is a dull cow named "Nathaniel Hackett"

Another is a just a regular ol pig "Tim Boyd"

The loss of Rodgers is made exponentially worse because not only do you lose the asset of Rodgers as a QB but you have to sit and watch as his lovely, talentless friends destroy your team.

Every snap Tim Boyle takes is a reminder of the Faustian bargain the New York Jets made. They reached for that, which was too good to be true and were completely thwarted so to speak.