Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

JaggerMcDagger posted:

The War that Was

We don't know if the war is over yet but it's not too early to mull over some things we learned.
Labels: Gaza, Hamas, Human Shields, Israel, Palestine, Terrorism, UN, UNRWA
During the last incursion, did they ever even take the effort to TRY and prove that there were munitions stored in those schools? I mean, the only thing I saw come out of them was dead children and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Go stand in an Israeli bombing, Kirschen. You loving rear end.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
loving hell, why do I live in the same country as this guy? Or live in this country? gently caress.

e: referring to Kirschen

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I kind of love the surreal nature of Obama casually chatting with Tiny Shoulder Nixon.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Monkey Fracas posted:

I kind of love the surreal nature of Obama casually chatting with Tiny Shoulder Nixon.

In a surprise twist, Dubya is on the other shoulder, as a devil.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Saint Sputnik posted:

In a surprise twist, Dubya is on the other shoulder, as a devil.

Except all he does is repeat what the even tinier Devil Dick Cheney on his shoulder says.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, those drat dirty Dumbocraps, trying to scare up support before the midterms by making them think Republicans desperately want to impeach Obama...

...which is TOTALLY A THING THEY SHOULD BE DOING, by the way...

...which is a thing that Obama is lying to you about...

...ALL THE MORE REASON TO IMPEACH HIM...

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Shugojin posted:

Except all he does is repeat what the even tinier Devil Dick Cheney on his shoulder says.

Paradoxically, on Cheney's shoulder is a miniscule Obama devil, reading off an itty-bitty teleprompter.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

The War that Was

We don't know if the war is over yet but it's not too early to mull over some things we learned.

But more good news: Israelis have a comfy place to sit and watch UN schools get bombed.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

During the last incursion, did they ever even take the effort to TRY and prove that there were munitions stored in those schools? I mean, the only thing I saw come out of them was dead children and stuff.

No, they just say it over and over again as if it's true and no one in the media will actually call them out on it

Fake edit: That and you'd have to do forensic inspections to determine if there ever were bombs in those basements and by then nobody gives a poo poo anymore

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
There were what, 14 kids killed in that school? And Kirschen is cracking puns?

I swear I used to get mad at the likes of Branco, Lester, and the McCoys, but nothing really compares to the seething bile put out by this loving piece of poo poo.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

There were rockets found in two empty schools that weren't used by anybody else at the time. When UN workers noticed, they reported them and they were subsequently removed. There hasn't been any evidence of rockets being found in the schools that were used as shelters, and you'd think that any of the hundreds of people actually living in those would have mentioned it if any rockets were lying around there.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 6, 2014

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Domestic spying - invented by Obama. Can't believe they let him push that Patriot Act through :jerkbag:

ElrondHubbard
Sep 14, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nah. UN terror schools / rocket warehouses are commonly brought up online and occasionally on the news, but officially Israel shelled it because Hamas was "in the vicinity" and Israeli artillery crews aren't very accurate / don't give a poo poo about 17 instances of the school giving its exact coordinates in an attempt to prevent tragedy.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

alnilam posted:

Domestic spying - invented by Obama. Can't believe they let him push that Patriot Act through :jerkbag:

Look, man, when the NSA was created, we were all promised that warrantless wiretapping would never be used on white people.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Saint Sputnik posted:

But more good news: Israelis have a comfy place to sit and watch UN schools get bombed.

I think this is legitimately the saddest thing I've ever seen in his thread. This is somehow worse than border militia kicking over water in the desert.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This is the kind of poo poo that happens when people who think border militia are a good idea governs.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

pkfan2004 posted:

I think this is legitimately the saddest thing I've ever seen in his thread. This is somehow worse than border militia kicking over water in the desert.

There's at least a precedent for this type of stuff.

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Aug 6, 2014

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine

shouldn't this be a donkey instead of a... that thing?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"Not my butt AND my blood!"

A profile in scribbles.

More cartoonists did Brady tributes than I thought would.

Dumb pun then starts talking about himself. If there was a drone in the background, it would be peak Rall.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Wanamingo posted:

There's at least a precedent for this type of stuff.

Yeah but at least those idiots had the benefit of naivety about what the war was going to be, and got caught up in the panic after 1st Bull Run when Army of the Potomac retreated. The Israelis in questions are just a pack of assholes.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Internet Webguy posted:

Dumb pun then starts talking about himself. If there was a drone in the background, it would be peak Rall.

Are you saying there are two other Ted Ralls? That's terrifying.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The father, the son and the holy poo poo, what an rear end in a top hat.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Internet Webguy posted:

That's sad to see that, after a short sequence of decent to even good cartoons by him, that he's now back to his usual form :sigh:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Yeah nah, the TSA might be heavy-handed goons sometimes but they're not loving idiots, they work in airports and know how boarding passes and poo poo work and if your license says "Ted Rall III" and your boarding pass says "RallIII" they're going to loving figure it out. They might give Rall a hard time because he's a huge rear end in a top hat who probably makes snide comments about them every single time he's in an airport, but it's not because they're too thick to comprehend the most basic of name notations.

That all said I did find "Mr. III" to be a funny idea.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
The fact that Rall is a III is funny to me. Like, I know people do it for other reasons, but I'm imagining his father and grandfather having as large egos as his and thinking that there's no one on earth more deserving of naming someone after than themselves. Also, it makes you sound like quasi-nobility, which is funny for Rall the wannabe revolutionary.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

made of bees posted:

The fact that Rall is a III is funny to me. Like, I know people do it for other reasons, but I'm imagining his father and grandfather having as large egos as his and thinking that there's no one on earth more deserving of naming someone after than themselves. Also, it makes you sound like quasi-nobility, which is funny for Rall the wannabe revolutionary.

Even more hilarious is that Ted Rall doesn't get along with his dad. They're very much estranged, and has been since he was a kid, when his parents divorced.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pkfan2004 posted:

Just to make you feel worse, that wasn't militia, that was the border patrol your taxes pay for kicking those bottles.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

That reminds me, "conservatives have always been in favor of legal weed, are you libtards just now catching up?" is a hot new talking point now in its nascence.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Saint Sputnik posted:

That reminds me, "conservatives have always been in favor of legal weed, are you libtards just now catching up?" is a hot new talking point now in its nascence.

The lack of self-awareness/outright reality fabrication is, as always, stunning.

Not that there's a whole lot of politicians actually willing to go to bat for legalizing/decriminalizing pot, however.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Mister Beeg posted:

Even more hilarious is that Ted Rall doesn't get along with his dad. They're very much estranged, and has been since he was a kid, when his parents divorced.

And so we come across that one exception in which it really was the kid's fault his parents broke up.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

The lack of self-awareness/outright reality fabrication is, as always, stunning.

It's a lot easier to swallow when you realize a lot of people look at politics as team sports and only care about winning, not the process of governing

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Saint Sputnik posted:

"I was for it before I was against it" —John Kerry, idiot flip-flopper Jonah Goldberg, Solomonic philosopher-king

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Actually I don't think Goldberg was ever against decriminalization—he's just attributing his own obviously correct worldview to everyone with a brain, i.e., Not Liberals—but I wanted to make that Kerry joke. God bless.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Obama doesn't smoke anymore, hope this helps you get over your petty bullshit, conservative cartoonists. Jesus, it'd be like having every drawing of Bush with a liquor bottle in his hand or lines of coke everywhere. I don't know why I find this so annoying.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look they came up with their caricature in 2008 and they spent a lot of time on it and well they're gonna stick with it, thanks very much.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JaggerMcDagger posted:

The War that Was

Oh. OH! That's the problem! Israel has been trying to shelter their bombs there too!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

Didn't that happen because the TSA agent was an idiot who thought the person was coming from Columbia and didn't know what D.C. stood for rather than any actual policy the TSA has?

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

HootTheOwl posted:

Oh. OH! That's the problem! Israel has been trying to shelter their bombs there too!

Breaking News: Israel rejects the idea it was ever "shelling" Gaza. Instead, during a press conference, Netanyahu referred to explosions at a UN Bomb Shelter as "OSHA-related workplace accidents wherein pilots who were moving missiles from their planes into the basement of the shelter too quickly simply caused them to explode"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Dogstoyevsky posted:

Obama doesn't smoke anymore, hope this helps you get over your petty bullshit, conservative cartoonists. Jesus, it'd be like having every drawing of Bush with a liquor bottle in his hand or lines of coke everywhere. I don't know why I find this so annoying.

Smoking is bad. Obama is bad. Therefore, by the transitive property, Obama smokes

• Locked thread