Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Nebakenezzer posted:

So guys what have I missed in the last 250 or so pages

Is this game still just as hosed, or *even more hosed* than it was before?

Nothing has changed meaningfully since November 2015 when I learned of Star Citizen's existence.

My understanding is that nothing has changed meaningfully since more like 2013 or 2014, but I wasn't there that early, so I don't know.

That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Nebakenezzer posted:

they made a chart of all the deadlines they missed, which pleased the backers because it shows how hard they're working

other than that the usual catposts

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Nebakenezzer posted:

Game RELEASED is still good and improves each week. There is a tightly made schedule RELEASED that show how the game will improve even more and date its milestones RELEASE accuratly. If you can't wait for a FREE FREE FREE FREE fly week you can buy a package with a discount at /r/starcitizentrades.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am a Star Citizen

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

lol. who the gently caress are these people?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

E:D- We want to do the things, but we aren't sure if we can yet or if it will work as intended, so we shall keep mum.

SC- We are doing everything! It's on the schedule! What delays?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I will say that schedule adequately conveys the level of respect CIG has for their supporters.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I will say that schedule adequately conveys the need to hype up their supporters to gain more of their money.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

First day of a new sale and free fly, following CIG's mic drop with the 3.0 schedule!

... what a damp squib.

If you go look at what's on offer for this sale, it's profoundly unexciting. The good stuff would probably still sell like hotcakes, but that trick won't work indefinitely -- even Citizens will eventually realize that they can't actually use 5 personal Javelins. So CIG has to keep that stuff in reserve and trot out these warmed-over leavings, but they're not even getting enough purchases to push them to the ~$100K daily breakeven point, on the first day of a heavily front-loaded sale, having had to incur huge amounts of technical/engineering debt (via the just-published production schedule) even to get to this point.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 16, 2017

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

The PC Gamer crowd has turned against it, except for this guy.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Megabound posted:

at this point SC is essentially inventing a new type of consumer - some sort of hybrid between whale and cultist

The fact he can even say this is pretty ridiculous, but to say it on a post about 3.0 - the thing that was promised to be finished, not even started, half a year ago - is just stunning

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

I touched the poop and Paul B touched back.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

If you gaze long into a poop, the poop also gazes into you.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Its like :eyepoop: but in reverse.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Hobold posted:

Its like :eyepoop: but in reverse.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/InnovusTheGamer/status/853220694640996352

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/itsallsogood7/status/853409762658181120

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Lwh3Pgi-9M&t=18s

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

wow i am honestly lost for words

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

goatee
big necklace
wall of text t shirt

i can hear the panties dropping already

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

boviscopophobic posted:

First day of a new sale and free fly, following CIG's mic drop with the 3.0 schedule!

... what a damp squib.

If you go look at what's on offer for this sale, it's profoundly unexciting. The good stuff would probably still sell like hotcakes, but that trick won't work indefinitely -- even Citizens will eventually realize that they can't actually use 5 personal Javelins. So CIG has to keep that stuff in reserve and trot out these warmed-over leavings, but they're not even getting enough purchases to push them to the ~$100K daily breakeven point, on the first day of a heavily front-loaded sale, having had to incur huge amounts of technical/engineering debt (via the just-published production schedule) even to get to this point.

Any completionists?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

See when you clip off your ship, the ship's angular momentum will adjust to offset yours

it's all magic physics

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Remarkably close to completion imo :colbert:

JUINE!

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I'm impressed that the asteroid didn't start spinning off as well after the ship bumped into it. Progress! :thumbsup:

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

I bet nobody did

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I wonder if the people who got Star Citizen tattoos are starting to regret their decisions.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Bubbacub posted:

I wonder if the people who got Star Citizen tattoos are starting to regret their decisions.

Only after 2030.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

This is what you get when you improperly have your CARGO weight not distibuted evenly across the CARGO bay.
CARGO IS HARD

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Megabound posted:

lol Star Citizen was suppose to be completely finished in 2014.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Quavers posted:

Now that Derek is back, where is MOMA? IIRC CIG have until the end of Summer to show "significant" progress with SC and Sq42 right?

This attempt at a burn might be better in like autumn instead of spring.
If there is even anything left by then.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
To show you how utterly ridiculous the 3.0 schedule is, whereby they are promising a MASSIVE list of stuff for release END OF JUNE 2017, someone spliced it all together in a nice graphic.

If that doesn't show just much BS that is, then I don't even know what to say at this point. Good thing is that even some of the hardcore backers are taking notice that we're way past the ridiculous point now. Completely.

Then there's this: http://schedule.starcitizen.guide/

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I think they will easily hit their schedule this time.

You see Chris has been up all night coding and

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

biglads posted:

I think they will easily hit their schedule this time.

You see Chris has been up all night coding and

It's certainly big enough, and just to be sure, they can lob Ben at it. Huge chart + huge projectile = high CTH, obviously.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/GeraIdEvans/status/853106072969785345
https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/853624940586782721

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Derek "I'VE GOT BLOGS OF STEEL" Smart

BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS BLOGS

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Days on r/DS without an explicit reference to Derek's physical genitals? 0

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I never understood how hard work could be until Chris Roberts told me how hard work can be

I am blown away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
I sure am glad that they've spent a bunch of effort to put together a schedule to show how they're going to deliver all the stuff which is already 4 months overdue from when they said it would be done.

This time they will deliver what they've promised I'm sure.