Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I listened to 3001 just a few minutes ago actually. Didn't think much of it at all. BetterOffDead was way better IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Thanks a lot for the recommendations on Tribe and The Roots my dudes. This continues to be one of my favorite threads on SA.

Maybe one day I will have enough confidence to share some of the sampled beats I am making with you all so you can tell me how much I suck.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get wasted and mumble over them. Upload them to soundcloud and you'll probably become a millionaire

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Get wasted and mumble over them. Upload them to soundcloud and you'll probably become a millionaire

If this works, I'll give you a cut.

In all seriousness though, I don't think anyone wants to hear me rap. I feel like I have a decent sense of flow but my voice just doesn't feel like it translates well. I am sure that with practice, it could become passable but I would rather focus on the music at this point. I'll probably just stick to writing songs and asking my buddy to rap over them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The bar has been lowered so far for what's acceptable in rap that you're probably no worse than a lot of stuff

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Honestly the music I made in high school back in 2000 would've made me a millionaire now

I wonder if that's why a lot of us hate on Soundcloud rappers...resentment.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
if you never wrote a verse, type 1 so i can ignore you

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

The bar has been lowered so far for what's acceptable in rap that you're probably no worse than a lot of stuff

Not sure whether to be encouraged or discouraged by this lol

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

4 my school shooters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOybe9aKSA

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
new King Fantastic

https://kingfantastic.bandcamp.com/album/evening

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
this new Dabrye album is fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebXpst5X_g8

3peat
May 6, 2010

Just listened to the 69 album and it was way better than I expected. That first track is crazy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I thought it was really bad 😳

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
69 tape is super one dimensional but it has some slappers on it, it sounds like DMX for millenials

Don't sleep on this Lord LuCN album, he's one of Denzel Curry's producers and the whole thing is a compilation album for Denzel's crew. Lots of bangers on it

https://twitter.com/LoRdLuCN/status/966773821322665986

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'm gonna listen to Lord Lucn later, I don't think it's on Apple Music so I'll have to use Soundcloud 😰

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

HorseRenoir posted:

69 tape is super one dimensional but it has some slappers on it, it sounds like DMX for millenials

Don't sleep on this Lord LuCN album, he's one of Denzel Curry's producers and the whole thing is a compilation album for Denzel's crew. Lots of bangers on it

https://twitter.com/LoRdLuCN/status/966773821322665986

Getting into the Lord LuCN and its pretty good so far. Great beats for sure.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

new post single actually p good. ty $ kills it

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Tolkien minority posted:

new post single actually p good. ty $ kills it

i hate how much i like post's music. ty$ is one of the most consistently excellent features in the game. if it features ty$, it's probably good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Ty's voice is incredible. that closing track on Big Fish Theory is one of my favourites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeUOvrnOCVY

also this gem from one of the recent Juicy J tapes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxD7BeZE4j8

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Real Friends with Kanye is one of the best songs ever. Ty$ on that is unreal :qq:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Real Friends with Kanye is one of the best songs ever. Ty$ on that is unreal :qq:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

How many of us?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

features are fire but his actual album was maybe the single most forgettable project of 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

40 lbs to freedom posted:

features are fire but his actual album was maybe the single most forgettable project of 2017

yah. he's a paradox alright.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

ty$ should just do a mike will ransom thing where his album is just him doing a verse with 12-15 other artists

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Forever. I listened to it this morning. Also the original mix is still god

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TLOP with Kanye is one of the best albums ever :qq:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kanye West and Kim Kardashian to Appear on “Family Feud”

:stare:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Marching Powder posted:

ty$ should just do a mike will ransom thing where his album is just him doing a verse with 12-15 other artists

Yeah, him and Pusha are both great but can't really carry a solo album. Do a power collab imo.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao like My Name is My Name and King Push Prelude weren't complete fire.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Dexo posted:

Lmao like My Name is My Name and King Push Prelude weren't complete fire.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

to answer the question that immediately sprung to my mind:

Kanye/Kim/Kanye's aunt/two of his cousins
vs.
Kris/Khloe/Kourtney/Kris' mom/a Cousin-dashian

So no Caitlyn, no one related to Caitlyn by blood. Team West is gonna mop up.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

DC Murderverse posted:

to answer the question that immediately sprung to my mind:

Kanye/Kim/Kanye's aunt/two of his cousins
vs.
Kris/Khloe/Kourtney/Kris' mom/a Cousin-dashian

So no Caitlyn, no one related to Caitlyn by blood. Team West is gonna mop up.

Is one of them the cousin that stole his laptop?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

monkeu posted:

That dirty motherfucker

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

monkeu posted:

First thing I thought of too!

Also, I've always wondered if that was the same cousin who was "smokin' them cigarettes now" on Heard 'Em Say...

Mickolution fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 25, 2018

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

monkeu posted:

Dying to know this as well.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Every time I listen to Lil’ B these days, especially his earlier tapes, I get a kick that he is going to be looked at like Nas or Big Daddy Kane in terms of how influential he was to a generation of rappers. His various trappings have been copied over and over, and something like Gucci Gang is just a Based freestyle.

We’re a couple years away from a rap retrospective based around Based God, calling it now. What is SoundCloud rap but Lil B making 200 MySpace pages so he could upload all of his music. I would say Chief Keef and the drill scene created the blueprint for every YT music video but what was that but a Based video?

Anyway,

https://youtu.be/7tklYWVV-xY

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Any time I feel down I slap on Based Jam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
i watch the vans video every now and then just to see where it all began.