Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
No it goes both ways. The rotary thing on the remote controls both speed and direction, plus there's a small switch that reverses the direction as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Train update. Found a video that showed an easy soldering technique to reverse one of the bogies.

But then realized that manual switch might be able to be stuffed online. And it was.

So now we all good! Here’s a video with 4 total but working on one more passenger car.

https://youtu.be/msiFnPPn3MU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pretty rad but I wouldn't stick another car on it. It's already super long.

Are you going to start a city scene and incorporate it?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172971592331?ul_noapp=true

TLNM Ice Tank for $53. Cheapest I've seen it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

Pretty rad but I wouldn't stick another car on it. It's already super long.

Are you going to start a city scene and incorporate it?

Maybe eventually. I have the 3rd car 90% done. I also have about 15 feet of straight track coming. I plan to use all 5 train segments when larger track builds are set up by my kid, etc.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish I had the time, space, money and stable marriage it requires to build a Lego City in my basement. Maybe someday.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

veni veni veni posted:

I wish I had the time, space, money and stable marriage it requires to build a Lego City in my basement. Maybe someday.

Right? I’ve got most of that and it’s still a pipe dream.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

They haven't had Ninjago City in on the last few double points days, but I got it today and also snagged the Star Advent calendar on sale. A good day.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Brick Bank is on sale today! Down to £103 in the UK so I think I’ll snap that up.

Oh wait..

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Mustang build:

https://i.imgur.com/wcP7sbZ.gifv

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
The sheer lack of any official mention of Quake Mech has me worried it may not be due out this Friday. :/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Sigh. My phone didn't make a noise and I missed out on the Town Plan on Ebay today. Closed at $67 for a complete set. That's 1/3 of what it usually goes for. Oh well.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
What time is the Taj Mahal supposed to go on sale?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Sigh. My phone didn't make a noise and I missed out on the Town Plan on Ebay today. Closed at $67 for a complete set. That's 1/3 of what it usually goes for. Oh well.

I haven't heard of that set before, but holy poo poo the box has an old guy on it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

VaultAggie posted:

What time is the Taj Mahal supposed to go on sale?

Brickfan says it’s now available

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Just managed to snag one for my mom. Managed to snag the nutcracker and tote bag too!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

I haven't heard of that set before, but holy poo poo the box has an old guy on it.

It's a pretty cool set. The old guy is the son of the founder or something. And they did a set w/ the same pose when he was a kid. So the new set was an homage to the old one blah blah blah and $67 is a steal for it and I got distracted and missed out cuz I'm sure I would have won that with a $100 bid. Oh well.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Yeah, Taj Mahal is now on sale, and the Ghostbusters Firehouse is 20% off today! That’s such a good set, honestly.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

That's Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, the grandson of Lego's founder, former CEO and president, current owner, richest man in Denmark, and back in the 60s was on the box art of the original Town Plan set.

Although the box shows a different image, Brickset doesn't seem to have any images of earlier Town Plan sets, so that specific one might not be Kjeld.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 27, 2017

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, Taj Mahal is now on sale, and the Ghostbusters Firehouse is 20% off today! That’s such a good set, honestly.

Is this europe? It's still $350 on us shop@home.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shawn posted:

Is this europe? It's still $350 on us shop@home.

Ah yeah, give it a few hours though. I’ve noticed each day’s new items don’t hit just after midnight, but the morning of instead.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
(Apologies in advance for the mass of thumbnails to follow)

I think I've mentioned this in here before, but I've never been satisfied with LEGO's Batmobile offerings. The best by far was the mid-2000s UCS Batmobile, but even that was a little boxy and straightforward, and in the end did not do nearly enough, in my opinion, to evoke the best Batmobile - the Keatonmobile. So, back in the Spring, having largely finished my Pacific Rim-inspired MOC, Robby McJaegarface, I decided to try putting together what was essentially an amalgam of my favorite Batmobiles. A little Keaton, a little TAS, a little Arkham Asylum (which I gather was itself an amalgam of the other two), and a little bit of my own preferences. Between a job, two small kids, house projects, etc..., the build has progressed at a glacial pace, but tonight, I figured out and finished some detail touches that have been bugging me for a while, and feeling pretty good about that and generally happy with how it's coming out - this was the first time I did a rough sketch of the concept in advance, and have managed to come pretty close to those sketches in execution - and wanted to put up what I've got so far.

Disclaimer: front is more or less done. The rear and cockpit undercarriage areas are still works in progress, with much of the rear end supporting being a temporary placeholder. And yes, the entire engine turbine is geared to spin with the front wheels.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
That Batmobile is rad. My biggest gripe with them has been that even the minifig-scale ones are not even remotely minifig-scale. The best is probably the Batman vs Superman Batmobile, the rest are just too large in comparison to standard Lego vehicles.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Bunch of good sales on Amazon last night. Almost all gone except for the Temple of Airjitzu which is around $140 right now. At that price it is an absolute steal.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Bunch of good sales on Amazon last night. Almost all gone except for the Temple of Airjitzu which is around $140 right now. At that price it is an absolute steal.

I couldn't add it to my cart.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cloks posted:

I couldn't add it to my cart.

Managed to get it through PrimeNow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
An actual good ideas set:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2fae905f-71cb-450a-a4ef-827ad96fb574

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wouldn't buy it but it is really cool looking.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

No banana.

3/17

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

I like that a lot, that could so fit in with the carousel and Ferris wheel, county fair midway vibe.

DrChud fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 28, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DrChud posted:

I like that a lot, that could so fit in with the carousel and Ferris wheel, country fair midway vibe.

Exactly.

It's also not using someone else's IP. It looks good. It's probably a $50 set. It's actually built. Ticks a lot of boxes that I feel ideas should.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's a great set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's honestly a ton of good stuff on ideas pretty much all the time. It all just gets passed over for popular licensed stuff or nostalgia poo poo, and never gets enough votes that you will actually run into it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the food stalls in Theme Park or whatever that game was called in the 90ies. I'd buy it if I was into city stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it does beg the question. Why are the burgers, pop and fries all sold at different stands? You gonna wait in line 3 times for a meal?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

veni veni veni posted:

it does beg the question. Why are the burgers, pop and fries all sold at different stands? You gonna wait in line 3 times for a meal?

You'll really poo poo your pants when you realize that I set the price for all of them to 40 dollars.

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Hopper posted:

Looks like the food stalls in Theme Park or whatever that game was called in the 90ies. I'd buy it if I was into city stuff.

Add extra salt to the fries to boost drink sales. Lots of ice in the drinks to increase profit. Don't place food stalls too close to the rollercoaster, or people are vomiting everywhere. Guide everybody past the balloon stand.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'll buy them once they hit Aliexpress :shrug:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

OperaMouse posted:

Add extra salt to the fries to boost drink sales. Lots of ice in the drinks to increase profit. Don't place food stalls too close to the rollercoaster, or people are vomiting everywhere. Guide everybody past the balloon stand.

Exit the park via the broken roller coaster that launches you over the fence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The alternate build can be an Aqua Teen Hunger Force playset!