Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Best ending would have been Torrey catching the ball off the deflection, fumbling it into the end zone in his effort to get in, Ravens recover, by rule the ball can't be advanced and Pats win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pathetic little tramp posted:

It's literally been a decade since Tom Brady last won a Super Bowl.

I'd be ok with Gronk getting a ring.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Hopefully Stork will be okay and we've got a good chance from here on out.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

agreed. the time is now. hes due.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

After you've got a few rings, it gets kind of banal.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

That Which Squeaks posted:

throw him in the bacta tank

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

That Which Squeaks posted:

of course its hard to make a complete evaluation when you dont run the ball at all and a million other such factors but but the line was better with kline in

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

Better than the evil Ravens. Who has a Ray Lewis statue after all?

I get your gimmick and all but reminder your team fired a guy the same month someone committed suicide in front of him

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

A million times

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hahahaha literally every run in the second half was brady

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Stockholm syndrome, every one of you :stare:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

John Harbaugh isn't even 1% as salty as his brother gets at every press conference and he's still pretty salty.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kalli posted:

John Harbaugh isn't even 1% as salty as his brother gets at every press conference and he's still pretty salty.

about what in particular?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Aye Doc posted:

about what in particular?

Those 4 offensive linemen plays the Pats ran, and a reporter asked him another question and he responded with " I didn't like the tone of that, so I won't answer it". No idea what it was though.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Kalli posted:

Those 4 offensive linemen plays the Pats ran, and a reporter asked him another question and he responded with " I didn't like the tone of that, so I won't answer it". No idea what it was though.

So... i guess he doesn't know the rule about that? Does he think the Pats just didn't announce the ineligible receiver?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'd like to thank the good Lord Satan for making me a Patriots fan.

Gonna get blacked out and throw up on the streets of Boston tonight

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I'd like to thank the good Lord Satan for making me a Patriots fan.

Gonna get blacked out and throw up on the streets of Boston tonight

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

E_Motion posted:

This game really was a classic

Are we calling all close games "classics" now

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

Frustrated.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

no, but that back and forth, high scoring one with a lot of cool plays that came down to the wire in the 2nd round of the playoffs qualifies

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

EugeneJ posted:

Pats were down 14 twice, that's pretty drat hard to come back from. Also, Edelman2Amendola:

http://gfycat.com/AlertAmpleKingfisher

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Burrito posted:

Only if he gets it for his penis.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

TMMadman posted:

Only if he gets it for his penis.

Do they make diamond encrusted inner tubes?

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM
You guys are all gonna look like a bunch of jackasses when the cowboys stuff the patriots in the SB

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Just got home from the bar. Gotta love my boy elite quarterback Joe Flacco. gently caress the Ravens. Onto next week.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What page was the Edelman throw on?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chris James 2 posted:

I get your gimmick and all but reminder your team fired a guy the same month someone committed suicide in front of him

Wow, whatta comeback.

I am glad the Pats won.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
The patriots can only pull so much bs. The ineligible stuff was last ditch. They are not very good and will get beat down next week.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

NakedWithCandy posted:

The patriots can only pull so much bs. The ineligible stuff was last ditch. They are not very good and will get beat down next week.

You are aware that they can only face the Colts or Broncos next week right?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

NakedWithCandy posted:

given that they pulled out julian "just throws touchdowns" edelman on the next posession it wasnt even the last trick they pulled out that game

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

NC-17 posted:

What page was the Edelman throw on?

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
If anyone's interested as to how and why the Patriots were allowed to 'deceive' the Ravens with that 4 lineman play:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/1/10/7526765/explaining-the-patriots-four-offensive-linemen-play

Edit: Also Alabama ran the same play against LSU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPJ4UqKslk8&t=9273s

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 11, 2015

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Mister Fister posted:

If anyone's interested as to how and why the Patriots were allowed to 'deceive' the Ravens with that 4 lineman play:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2015/1/10/7526765/explaining-the-patriots-four-offensive-linemen-play

Edit: Also Alabama ran the same play against LSU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPJ4UqKslk8&t=9273s

The play itself is not illegal, but when an offensive player changes his eligibility as a pass receiver, the defensive team has to be informed. What the Patriots did was declare somebody as ineligible at the last second and snapped the ball hence why Harbaugh ran onto the field.

quote:

Section 3 Changes in Position
REPORTING CHANGE OF POSITION
Article 1 An offensive player wearing the number of an ineligible pass receiver (50–79 and 90–99) is permitted to line up in
the position of an eligible pass receiver (1–49 and 80–89), and an offensive player wearing the number of an eligible pass
receiver is permitted to line up in the position of an ineligible pass receiver, provided that he immediately reports the
change in his eligibility status to the Referee, who will inform the defensive team.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

SuicideSnowman posted:

The play itself is not illegal, but when an offensive player changes his eligibility as a pass receiver, the defensive team has to be informed. What the Patriots did was declare somebody as ineligible at the last second and snapped the ball hence why Harbaugh ran onto the field.

The Ref did state "34 is not eligible, do not guard him". They had about 5-6 seconds between that and the snap. It was pretty clear that the Ravens #d was not prepared for this and did not know how to react.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

GaussianCopula posted:

The Ref did state "34 is not eligible, do not guard him". They had about 5-6 seconds between that and the snap. It was pretty clear that the Ravens #d was not prepared for this and did not know how to react.

IDK apparently it happened a few times before Harbaugh finally came on the field and then the refs told him that they'd start informing them.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

SuicideSnowman posted:

IDK apparently it happened a few times before Harbaugh finally came on the field and then the refs told him that they'd start informing them.

Thats what sourpuss Harbough said. The Patriots gave the Ravens 9, 8 and 6 second's to line up after they announced the ineligible receiver. But they still went no huddle which did not allow the Raven's to substitute, which is totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I love that a coach whose offense which more or less relies on the QB throwing deep balls to draw PI is bitching about odd legal plays.

• Locked thread