Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Ben Carson
John Kasich
C'mon, you know it's gonna be Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
Mr. Boogie
Apr 1, 2013

Is a meat patty something or nothing?
Romney won the debate imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

absolutely the winner of the debate was hillary clinton though

I'm pretty sure I'm the biggest winner tonight. I had a great time.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

hahahha Carson's opening remarks are fuckin hilarious after seeing the tail end of the debate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWSJQ6zVhDA

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

absolutely the winner of the debate was hillary clinton though

If she gets the nomination then her prospective future opponent is just getting warmed up, battle hardened, and bloodthirsty

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Every debate seems to be crazier then the previous one.

This one had suspense because I was legit worried Trump was getting owned at the first part but then he came back bigly.

Every debate the attacks on Trump get more aggressive and look more effective but he always manages to turn it around or neutralize them by the end.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Does Hillary have the energy to be able to talk over Trump or will she just appeal to Faire Maiden status when Donald interrupts to push her poo poo in

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Haha, Trump's new pet topic is "The IRS is attacking me and keeps auditing me." Not banging on about Rubio or Cruz, no, Trump's #1 enemy right now is the IRS.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Trump is back on CNN again. He's certainly not slinking off to have a good cry tonight.

Trump probably recognizes that Rubio scored some hits, so his best bet is to do his best to control the post debate narrative as much as possible.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Haha, Trump's new pet topic is "The IRA is attacking me and keeps auditing me." Not banging on about Rubio or Cruz, no, Trump's #1 enemy right now is the IRS.

those paddy fucks.....

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Haha, Trump's new pet topic is "The IRA is attacking me and keeps auditing me." Not banging on about Rubio or Cruz, no, Trump's #1 enemy right now is the IRS.

a lion does not concern himself with the bleating of sheep

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Trump is back on CNN again. He's certainly not slinking off to have a good cry tonight.

I saw Cruz and Rubio get off stage asap too lol. They probably think it's over once the moderator cuts to the pre-closing statement commercial. Have they learned nothing from Donald? For shame.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
i want to see the results of a liver blood panel on trump.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Scott Forstall posted:

I saw Cruz and Rubio get off stage asap too lol. They probably think it's over once the moderator cuts to the pre-closing statement commercial. Have they learned nothing from Donald? For shame.

It's the difference between a natural and the 2nd rate crap that Cruz and Rubio are. Trump knows how he performed and what he needs to try and do, they're probably going and checking in with their handlers/campaign managers.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Rubio's favorability in Florida is 31/55, holy poo poo

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I thought it was over for trump but then he pulled up and won.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Schnorkles posted:

It's the difference between a natural and the 2nd rate crap that Cruz and Rubio are. Trump knows how he performed and what he needs to try and do, they're probably going and checking in with their handlers/campaign managers.

Yeah, he's clarifying on all his debate answers.

"The Polish worker thing was 35 years ago. I had the most beautiful hair you'd ever seen..."

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

CubsWoo posted:

Does Hillary have the energy to be able to talk over Trump or will she just appeal to Faire Maiden status

Trump can control the media and will frame the debate into a populist vs ruling class les miserables showdown and just completely ignore her complex arguments and come back with "yeah she's a liar and Goldman Sachs owns her how can you trust her?"

He will point out all of her contradictions, leaving voters confused and dazed, and present himself as the big strong man to keep them safe against the bad ruling class and outsiders

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

CubsWoo posted:

What's that mean?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Unstumpable

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

CubsWoo posted:

He's really, legitimately, been a truant for most of his term. He has the lowest attendance record of any senator, even the terminally ill ones.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Commie NedFlanders posted:

Trump can control the media and will frame the debate into a populist vs ruling class les miserables showdown and just completely ignore her complex arguments and come back with "yeah she's a liar and Goldman Sachs owns her how can you trust her?"

He will point out all of her contradictions, leaving voters confused and dazed, and present himself as the big strong man to keep them safe against the bad ruling class and outsiders

So he's a sovereign citizen trying to argue about being pulled over?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Commie NedFlanders posted:

or hell just start yelling gibberish like a spaz like he has every single time hes gotten the slightest push back

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

He is constantly self-editing and adjusting course it's easy to see in real time he is more skilled and tactical than people think that's part of his tactic as well

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

glenn back sheds a tear

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

KaptainKrunk posted:

Rubio got two good jabs in at Donald which were clearly rehearsed and well-prepared. Unfortunately, he would always follow them up with a sneering smile and nervous laughter. Reminding people of his earlier meltdown was also dumb as gently caress.

That moment where Trump was saying he gave $5000 to Cruz and Rubio put his hand up and said Trumps's never given him anything, holy poo poo. It made him look like an 8 year old desperately seeking the approval of his teacher. It was propaply the least presidential moment of the debate except for the rest of it.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Blue Raider posted:

cabinet post

Surgeon General

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
seriously, marco rubio had him on the back foot there for a second. the loving waterboy.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
Did anyone check on HW Bush after the debate? Or should we assume he died of embarrassment?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Prorat posted:

I thought it was over for trump but then he pulled up and won.

It's really very impressive to watch Trump get stumped and then sort of recover [he more just dragged everyone down to his level and turned it into a brawl], and then, most importantly, hit the circuit and spin.

Dude knows he didn't have his best night, and immediately takes advantage of every network wanting to interview him.

It's canny politics.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

Honestly, Trump has proven how to defeat the GOP every single time: treat them like idiot children and patronize and berate them in equal measure. They will always show you their soft underbelly within a few hours.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

or hell just start yelling gibberish like a spaz like he has every single time hes gotten the slightest push back

He enjoys the rough and tumble style opponents who push back, he's not that fragile.

His ideology is elusive because he's running on the strength of his will not his ideas.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I had the question wrong

quote:

2 Do you approve or disapprove of Senator
Marco Rubio’s job performance?
Approve 31% ..........................................................
Disapprove 55% ......................................................
Not sure 13%

His favorability is slightly better at 33/53

For reference Trump's favorability is 39/51 and Cruz's is 23/62

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

CubsWoo posted:

I would very much enjoy it if after 3/15 Rubio and Cruz both drop, realizing the inevitability of it all, Kasich runs out of money

But Carson stubbornly stays in and demands all further debates be held, just Donald and Ben having a friendly fireside chat for two hours

There will be couches and mugs of cocoa on stage

I didn't know i needed this until now

Please God

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

pillsburysoldier posted:

So he's a sovereign citizen trying to argue about being pulled over?

Yes, in front of a crowd of teenagers who get to decide who is right

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
CNN dude just called Rubio a pumpkin.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

paranoid randroid posted:

seriously, marco rubio had him on the back foot there for a second. the loving waterboy.

Drago knocked Rocky down too, guess who won

that's right, America

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

VR Native American posted:

CNN dude just called Rubio a pumpkin.

Jesus... I hope he gets blacklisted for that.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

CNN has the dumbest loving panel of clods. Their hot takes like : did you know, the Trump college was really a thing of other stuff that happened, I reported on it!

Or

Rubio really showed up tonight! My Twitter!

gently caress this entire retard mongoloid network.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
bald guy on CNN said this was a "S show" :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

zen death robot posted:

how much longer are you fuckers going to shitpost about this god drat debate i need to reboot the loving database server

do it

i dare you

• Locked thread