Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
today I'm wondering what would happen if I made a dutch baby and just put a bunch of lemon curd in the batter before baking it

this weekend, perhaps, we will find out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

today I'm wondering what would happen if I made a dutch baby and just put a bunch of lemon curd in the batter before baking it

this weekend, perhaps, we will find out

probably good, but maybe less good than dutch baby dipped/slathered in curd? why do you have so much curd to be rid of?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't, I just want to try it

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lemon curd dutch baby license.... GRANTED

report back!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
The EU is, in essence, a very complex cheese and wine cartel

Succbot Circlejerk
Jan 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just made an insanely good chickpea, vegetable, barley, tomato, spinach flake soup from all freeze dried ingredients and it's so good I don't think I'll ever eat anything else ever again

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

snoo posted:

nuts.com

i got a free pie from them last time. a+

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

snoo posted:

having a set recipe for sauce is odd to me bc I just open a can or whatever I have and add whatever the gently caress spices and salt and msg and it's done

set recipes are fuckin weird for anything imo

also why i don't bake

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Marx Was A Lib posted:

also why i don't bake

my wife likes baking but hates cooking for the opposite reason. she likes a set of steps you have to follow like you're doing a math problem and the free form nature of cooking entrees is too much.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Marx Was A Lib posted:

also why i don't bake

this is exactly where I am lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

snoo posted:

having a set recipe for sauce is odd to me bc I just open a can or whatever I have and add whatever the gently caress spices and salt and msg and it's done

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

packet crew

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have two pounds of Costco's bbq pulled pork and I don't know what to do with it.

I'm tired of saucing it and eating it on buns. it's too smokey to repurpose in recipes that call for shredded pork so I'm not sure what else to do with it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

soup?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I have two pounds of Costco's bbq pulled pork and I don't know what to do with it.

I'm tired of saucing it and eating it on buns. it's too smokey to repurpose in recipes that call for shredded pork so I'm not sure what else to do with it.

grab a fork and dig in

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

hm that could be good. maybe something with potatoes and coconut milk.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
nachos

edit: soup sounds dreadful. just freeze the remainder and use it later

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

nachos

edit: soup sounds dreadful. just freeze the remainder and use it later

seconding nachos

also, hey now

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Bean bowls

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
pretend it's carnitas and do tacos, burritos, bowls, quesadillas, whatever.

or even make it into breakfast... omelettes, pork hash, pork smeared in egg yolks

or ....a shepherds pie or some kind of casserole thing, with pulled pork instead of whatever other meat. you could use up a lot that way!

orrr pulled pork fried rice?

you can also just freeze it

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
eat it in eggs and potatoes

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I made kimchi pancakes tonight. I wished I’d know about kimchi pancakes earlier in my life.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I made kimchi pancakes tonight. I wished I’d know about kimchi pancakes earlier in my life.

that sounds awesome, I know what I'm making later this week

can we talk about bread? I don't understand bread at all and it's driving me crazy. what's the best book to read to understand what the hell proofing is and why I need to proof twice?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

IAMKOREA posted:

that sounds awesome, I know what I'm making later this week

can we talk about bread? I don't understand bread at all and it's driving me crazy. what's the best book to read to understand what the hell proofing is and why I need to proof twice?

bacteria farts release bacteria poop-taste and it's good. punching it down the first time keeps the bubbles from popping and ruining the smooth texture i think

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
warm water + sugar + yeast, add flour and whatever and walk away
push the dough down after a while and then walk away
later, put in oven

whats so hard

if an idiot like me can do it, literally anyone can

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

what is something fun to do with a pound of ground beef that isn't burgers or tacos or pasta sauce?

I was thinking maybe using it for a Piroshky filling with onions and cheese and potatoes but even as I write it out that sounds like a lot of loving work.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Meatballs

Shepards pie

poo poo on shingles

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

what is something fun to do with a pound of ground beef that isn't burgers or tacos or pasta sauce?

I was thinking maybe using it for a Piroshky filling with onions and cheese and potatoes but even as I write it out that sounds like a lot of loving work.

slop slop sloppy joessss

effort option: unstuffed cabbage. meatballs of the stuffing, braised on top of chopped cabbage and sauce, serve with mashed

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

slop slop sloppy joessss

effort option: unstuffed cabbage. meatballs of the stuffing, braised on top of chopped cabbage and sauce, serve with mashed

Back in Rhode Island we called them torpedoes.

https://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/rhode-island-torpedo-sloppy-joes-31408

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

try the long haul trucker treat 'dan ross' special where you fry off the burger, deglaze with some worcestershire, stock and milk/half n half, thicken with flour until you get a gross gravy and serve that slop on some oven fries. then have a nap and regret

Giga Gaia has issued a correction as of 00:41 on Nov 16, 2020

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I love weird regional quirks like that

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lmfao

gently caress that original comic thing tho

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ground beef cooked until crispy is good in white gravy like poo poo on a shingle

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I brought my ground beef game to a new level by unlearning the "stir constantly" poo poo my parents taught me and learning to get a good char on it before breaking it up completely

Mixed it with a very basic tomato sauce (crushed + butter + onion simmered for 45 mins) and laid it on some spaghetti for an excellent set of struggle meals

Trying new things while fighting the existential despair is difficult but always worthwhile

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Not a Children posted:

I brought my ground beef game to a new level by unlearning the "stir constantly" poo poo my parents taught me and learning to get a good char on it before breaking it up completely

Mixed it with a very basic tomato sauce (crushed + butter + onion simmered for 45 mins) and laid it on some spaghetti for an excellent set of struggle meals

Trying new things while fighting the existential despair is difficult but always worthwhile

maillard reaction is love. maillard reaction is life.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Not a Children posted:

Cook it from frozen. cook flip scrape, repeat. whole block ends up crusty

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Marx Was A Lib posted:

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Marx Was A Lib posted:

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
https://www.thefrugalgirl.com/korean-sizzling-beef-lettuce-wraps/

You need some fresh veggies, but this takes like 20 minutes.

We eat ground beef 3 ways: lettuce wraps like the above, meatloaf, and meatballs. The last two are usually a mix of beef/pork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm probably just gonna ask this in GWS later but does anyone have any recommendations for food processors and/or toaster ovens? My food processor is getting worn out and my current toaster oven has always been a useless piece of poo poo