Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

spoken like a man who models his approach of how to act in the office after don draper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

What’s the perk of a Gila over a Prophecy? You get more drone damage and lose some range?

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

And gila tanks like a goddamn monster

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I'd fly a gila if it was any good for pvp

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

Golden Horde's diplomat decided to take the mask off and reveal their blatant sexism and misogyny.

stop manstrating you stupid cuck, be civil

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Not empty quoting.Amazing story would read again 3 out of :five:

Touchdown Boy
Apr 1, 2007

I saw my friend there out on the field today, I asked him where he's going, he said "All the way."
Thats some competent diplo right there. Ask him if he works for the Trump administration.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

When you SJWs want to stop virtue signaling we can talk.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Im too busy weaponizing anti-racism.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Virigoth posted:

What’s the perk of a Gila over a Prophecy? You get more drone damage and lose some range?

The Gila's tank is monstrous, I face tank large 8s and solo lv7 inqs and scouts without breaking a sweat, haven't tried an 8 inq/scout yet but I suspect it will handle those as well. It actually has less drone damage than the Prophecy but more combined dps over all.
It's also a lot more nimble than a Prophecy align of 3.4 compared to 7ish which means it gets on to the next anom faster which translates to more isk/hr.

My original plan when I got mine was to continue using my Prophecy during the week when I semi-afk at work, but after the final wave of a large 8 ran me out in structure I switched and haven't undocked my wallowing turkey since.

Got another day and a half on the stupid audit on my Phantasm so it will be interesting to see how the two compare.

Oh and it can definitely PvP, flew one around in beta a bit where the only real problem was that everything fled in terror when I landed on grid. To give a better idea of the tank when Koiz first broke out the Snek he barely scratched the shields when he Chopped me.

Also its just more fun to fly compared to the Prophecy, I'll often zoom in and watch it banking and zipping between the rats, the Prophecy doesn't zip anywhere.

That said it is a significant isk investment compared to the Prophecy but there isn't a better medium drone platform available.

Final point for the Gila is that it looks quite goosie.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

so today I went to a level 3 base to knock it down...caldari was waiting for me in a vni. They chased me off, I cloaked, went and made coffee. He was telling me he was gonna wait all day...20 mins later he left local and I killed the base

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Skex posted:

The Gila's tank is monstrous, I face tank large 8s and solo lv7 inqs and scouts without breaking a sweat, haven't tried an 8 inq/scout yet but I suspect it will handle those as well. It actually has less drone damage than the Prophecy but more combined dps over all.
It's also a lot more nimble than a Prophecy align of 3.4 compared to 7ish which means it gets on to the next anom faster which translates to more isk/hr.
You won't have issues with a solo Scout, and Inquisitor once you approach it right is easy too at 8. My Phantasm takes its time, but doesn't struggle with the damage unless they're on top of me.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

so more to this story.

I honestly thought VNI's did more damage than an arbi covops, because of the xtra drone and had the same tank as an arby covops, so didn't think I could take him...after the other geese convinced me, I ran up to him where he was 300km off the base and engaged him.

Looks like he'll try again, so stay tuned for part 2 :toot:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It's the skill bonus 12% vs 20% per skill level. You do have 5s in your hull bonuses right?

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

pixaal posted:

It's the skill bonus 12% vs 20% per skill level. You do have 5s in your hull bonuses right?

yeah but I was thinking like each drone was 100%, instead of 20%

so an arby covops is the equivalent of 8 drones, while a VNI is...uh...also 8

and he had mk5's and I had mk7s'

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i do love sniffing my farts soo much

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i do love sniffing my farts soo much

You wanna can some of that and send it my way?

A lot of the bickering ITT could be solved if you just cop to the fact it's a largely unknowable alien. It SEEMS like a virus. SEEMS to have intelligence or not.

We cannot know. Even the science we see is suspect as truth. It is better to understand the Thing as a force that causes. The mechanics are inscrutable.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

All else being equal VNI vs arbco is actually a pretty even fight if the arbco has a cloak in one of it’s lows (which is should.)

k-spar fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 4, 2020

obithrawn
Apr 22, 2003

the real mystery is why that dude wanted to pick a fight when he had mk5 drones filled up

ThatEvilOne
Aug 25, 2020

get that money, sculptor

Oracle is LYFE

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
long lasers

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Unf, I cannot wait to hop on that apoc striker at tech x and get all the large beam laser on. The abaddon looks particularly nasty for things as well.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

See you in 2 years

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, not like I'll have better poo poo to do by then either.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

OniPanda posted:

See you in 2 years

Like they wont keep showering event SP at everyone to help catch new players up to T8+ I bet T10 actually happens around summer, this time next year at the latest.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Shot some blues yesterday, immediate enjoyment from filing our "shot blues" paperwork with the embassy

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Shoot blues, honk at them

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
shoot blues 'erryday

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

shoot blues 'erryday

Chop them!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

pixaal posted:

Like they wont keep showering event SP at everyone to help catch new players up to T8+ I bet T10 actually happens around summer, this time next year at the latest.

If my numbers are right, I hit T10 in mid-to-late August (at 75 SP/min) as is. It takes 21.6 of those 5k SP awards to shorten that by a day.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

If my numbers are right, I hit T10 in mid-to-late August (at 75 SP/min) as is. It takes 21.6 of those 5k SP awards to shorten that by a day.

They mentioned a catch up system done as an event. So think Advanced tutorial only limited time as an SP injection into the game. They'll keep doing these. Making them new player only will make existing players feel like they are left out so they'll be included too. This will lead to SP inflation and more skills being added.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ThePopeOfFun posted:

You wanna can some of that and send it my way?

sent, it's labeled orange chicken without rice

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
who wants one on these as a gangtag? i'll hand out a reasonable amount of them.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I do!

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Honk yeah

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'll take a tramp stamp!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hell yes hit me!

Or replace my stupid AV that some TVIV guy gave me.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sure. Thanks.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Yes please, I'll take one! thank you!