Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

mbt posted:

lol no, he was banned for admitting he jacked off to them

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm nearing the end of DQXI, I have a few hero trials left and 1 or 2 quests to finish, but otherwise I'm right at the end. I gotta do the final wheel of harma for one of them so I'll probably do that tonight

My question is thus: is the Tockington stuff worth doing? I did very little of it and it wasn't great. There's a ton of quests tied to it so I kinda wanna see what it has to offer but not if it's going to take me another 20 hours playing the weird 2d mode

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm nearing the end of DQXI, I have a few hero trials left and 1 or 2 quests to finish, but otherwise I'm right at the end. I gotta do the final wheel of harma for one of them so I'll probably do that tonight

My question is thus: is the Tockington stuff worth doing? I did very little of it and it wasn't great. There's a ton of quests tied to it so I kinda wanna see what it has to offer but not if it's going to take me another 20 hours playing the weird 2d mode

it sure doesnt seem great 15 hours in. i think theres a superboss tied to it though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mbt posted:

lol no, he was banned for admitting he jacked off to them

Based.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's pretty lame but I blew through it all in like 3 hours at 99 for the trophy.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's a bunch of callbacks to earlier games that are cool but also some miserable stuff like the DQ9 dungeon, and the 2D battles are slower for some reason??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Think I'm gonna pick up my devil summoner raidounplaythrough tonight. Don't remember tf I was doing.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I didn't love it and ended up leaving a lot of Tockington quests unfinished, going from the fast paced regular combat to the super slow retro combat was too jarring for me to enjoy it as much as the rest of the game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the tockington stuff is straight terrible. but it is tied to a pretty great boss rush at the end, and a superboss that will really push a lv.99 team to the limit

if you look at a guide you can kill tockington in an hour, would only ever recommend this because it sucks rear end lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

It's pretty lame but I blew through it all in like 3 hours at 99 for the trophy.

That doesn't sound too bad. I might do that this weekend with a few huge beers and a walkthrough bc gently caress trying to figure out which zone to enter next.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't really remember where anything is in devil summoner raidou but having fun relearning the chunky combat and doing some fusions.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The final luminary trial boss was tougher than I thought

Had to fight him twice to get under 50 turns for the reward. Veronica somehow survived to aoe nuke the reinforcements. There's like no time to set anything up cos he'll just negate all buffs so it was a slow chipping hp style fight while hoping you don't get Kathwacked out the rear end. Which I did. 🖕🏿

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

the tockington stuff is straight terrible. but it is tied to a pretty great boss rush at the end, and a superboss that will really push a lv.99 team to the limit

if you look at a guide you can kill tockington in an hour, would only ever recommend this because it sucks rear end lol

Yeah it's worth it to just blast through it all at the end and do the boss rush. The last few bosses blew my nuts off and I finally gave in and turned off stronger monsters

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The final luminary trial boss was tougher than I thought

Had to fight him twice to get under 50 turns for the reward. Veronica somehow survived to aoe nuke the reinforcements. There's like no time to set anything up cos he'll just negate all buffs so it was a slow chipping hp style fight while hoping you don't get Kathwacked out the rear end. Which I did. 🖕🏿

nice. uber jasper is a great fight, im glad S added a great reward for it too

----------------

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Yeah it's worth it to just blast through it all at the end and do the boss rush. The last few bosses blew my nuts off and I finally gave in and turned off stronger monsters

on stronger monsters the superboss 100% requires cheesing it with the invincibility pep power they did not balance it at all lol. that said i did it because im a total psychopath.

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pfff. Bob thinks he’s so crazy huh. Sssshhhhhhhhht. I’ll show him. *installs nude gender swap mods in Overwatch 2 and starts playing Mann vs Machine 6 hours a day*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

nice. uber jasper is a great fight, im glad S added a great reward for it too

TFW the mimic kathwacks 3/4 of your team on turn 3:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

trying to justify buying a ps5, are there great rpgs yet other than ff-7 remake games?

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

well,

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
But if you never had a ps4, buy a ps5 so you can play bloodborne

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I like the Tockington stuff so far but I'm still in aft 1 because a Yakuza and a Final Fantasy 7 came out, so I've only done a little of it. It's a nice break in between looking for rare monsters, finding materials, and using the fun size forge

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

sourdough posted:

But if you never had a ps4, buy a ps5 so you can play bloodborne

Oh I have one but thinking of upgrading esp since my controller is getting wonky

E: also I'm sorry but I gave up on bloodborne. I tried to vent to my buddy about it being too frustrating to play when all I wanted to do was relax after work and I got a real life "skill issue" response

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol that these cowards won't put demons souls on pc

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shageletic posted:

E: also I'm sorry but I gave up on bloodborne. I tried to vent to my buddy about it being too frustrating to play when all I wanted to do was relax after work and I got a real life "skill issue" response

your buddy kicks rear end

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

symbolic posted:

your buddy kicks rear end

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Oh I have one but thinking of upgrading esp since my controller is getting wonky

lol I was the same way when I first played it but went back a few years later when poo poo cooled off. It's a great game. 🎮🕹️🕹️

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

bloodborne owns and you should just take your time to play through it even if you die a million times.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shageletic posted:

Lol epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

(PS4 hat Chad smoking a Switch users dick as a bong) Stay coped out, no-skin. Lmfao. We still on for lunch Saturday?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

(PS4 hat Chad smoking a Switch users dick as a bong) Stay coped out, no-skin. Lmfao. We still on for lunch Saturday?

Infamous Guy - Nathan Blackwell, wearing Crash Bandicoot mascot hat av: Affirmative.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Infamous Guy - Nathan Blackwell, wearing Crash Bandicoot mascot hat av: Affirmative.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Shageletic posted:

welcome to the imp zone, shagadelic. looking forward to seeing what kind of recruitment hacks you use.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shageletic posted:

trying to justify buying a ps5, are there great rpgs yet other than ff-7 remake games?

Although Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is technically available for PS4, that version runs poorly. It is likely that there are other such cases but I don't know what they are.

...but is it art?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Lmfao

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I completed the 5th Wheel of Harma, only to discover they added a supreme ultimate 6th layer in this version. Not even going to think about it at the moment since I'm a little in shock realizing Hand Tech may not even be necessary in this game anymore. Act 3 goes forever, apparently.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

----------------

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I bought a ps5, played a couple hours of the demons souls remake and then proceeded to spend another 200 hours on like 2 different character builds in bloodborne even though it has no ps5 enhancements, bullshit load times and 30 FPS. And God help me, I might do it again soon.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Veronica single handedly clowned Calasmos back to the void by critting/double casting all of her spells somehow lol

Gonna take a break and maybe see if I'm feeling the Tockington stuff, but I feel pretty satisfied tbh