Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Soothing Vapors posted:

at what point do you become such a mouldering ruin of a human being that non-carbonated water simply cannot slake your grotesque thirst

I like the bubbles.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Why do you drink seltzer. I don't even really know what that is besides carbonated water. Is there liquor in it? AR are you drinking and driving?

There's also artificial flavors. I am partial to cranberry lime or pomegranate.

quote:

Re Texas: we don't know how to drive.

You're right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

I go through two a month

:stonk:

quote:

I was raised on this:

You come from circus clown lineage?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Soothing Vapors posted:

1.) Slow down a little bit

For a half inch? What tropic paradise do you live in?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ActusRhesus posted:

For a half inch? What tropic paradise do you live in?
Look, Demi, it's a guide aimed at the hill folk and desert tribes of the south. You have to account for their general slowness and lack of cipherin' and book larnin' and make it easy for them

Look Sir Droids posted:

lmao

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Look, Demi, it's a guide aimed at the hill folk and desert tribes of the south. You have to account for their general slowness and lack of cipherin' and book larnin' and make it easy for them

I am now picturing all of the South as hill tribes from the Vale of Arryn.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Look Sir Droids posted:

:stonk:

you could get those delivered in NYC once upon a time

although I did go to clown college for summer camp once

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Yo seltzer is disgusting and I'm really glad I had no idea it even existed until I moved to NYC

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

seltzer is disgusting

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you are a pretty broken human being if you can't even enjoy your water without sodifying it

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Driving in snow? Step one: get rid of your dumb loving summer tires and put on at least all-seasons.

Also, what the gently caress is seltzer? Is that the Le Croix poo poo I see girls who wear yoga pants all the time drinking?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol you scrubs

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

People at my firm loving mainline seltzer though which is crazy to me

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

evilweasel posted:

you are a pretty broken human being if you can't even enjoy your water without sodifying it

what's to enjoy about boring non bubble water?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mikeraskol posted:

People at my firm loving mainline seltzer though which is crazy to me

what kind of lawyer mainlines seltzer

if you're mainlining anything but coffee or scotch you're not a real lawyer

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ActusRhesus posted:

the crisp refreshing taste of oh thank god i'm not thirsty anymore

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

evilweasel posted:

the crisp refreshing taste of oh thank god i'm not thirsty anymore

wow. live dangerously.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I saw a lawyer drink 11 diet cokes while defending a deposition one time. Highlight of my legal career so far.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

ActusRhesus posted:

wow. live dangerously.

Lawyers are well known risk takers. We live on the edge.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

I saw a lawyer drink 11 diet cokes while defending a deposition one time. Highlight of my legal career so far.

Were there, like, 5 bathroom breaks for him alone?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Green Crayons posted:

Were there, like, 5 bathroom breaks for him alone?

Dude was a soldier

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
That really is a career highlight.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

ActusRhesus posted:

I dont know, maybe the knowledge that you're not a spoiled princess turning her nose up at the liquid your spindly body was designed by loving evolution to drink?

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

spoiled princess

you say that like it's a bad thing.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

"27 posts in an hour? Maybe Toona reconsid- nope, just seltzer chat."

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I've pocketed firm cookies and soda at a depo before.

Is that receiving impermissible benefits?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

What kind of cookies are we talking about here?

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

What kind of cookies are we talking about here?

White shoe cookies.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I've pocketed firm cookies and soda at a depo before.

Is that receiving impermissible benefits?

There are certain lovely mediators I'll use just because I know their pantries are well-stocked.

I've also posted in this thread about laughing hysterically with a partner on a case 10 hours into mediation where we broke into the mediator's pantry and as junior associate, he made me taste everything to what was stale.

I know I'm a solo but I associate on cases sometimes if poo poo gets big enough

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

CaptainScraps posted:

There are certain lovely mediators I'll use just because I know their pantries are well-stocked.

I've also posted in this thread about laughing hysterically with a partner on a case 10 hours into mediation where we broke into the mediator's pantry and as junior associate, he made me taste everything to what was stale.

I know I'm a solo but I associate on cases sometimes if poo poo gets big enough

Didn't you also build Lego dicks?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

This is why we can't have iced things.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

White shoe cookies.

The best kind.

This partner I work with, the first thing he says to me anytime I go to organize a meeting is "make sure they have those plates of cookies in there."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mikeraskol posted:

The best kind.

This partner I work with, the first thing he says to me anytime I go to organize a meeting is "make sure they have those plates of cookies in there."

I always insist on soda, so I can carry some out with me.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

CaptainScraps posted:

Truth. I got a guy I use when I want to settle cases (lovely rear end snacks) and folks I use when I want to eat junk food all day.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
I sent up a request for a referral in the Legal Question thread, and would just like to echo it here.

I have a friend in California, LA County, who needs to talk to an attorney. Family law and bankruptcy. If anyone has names of people who'd do right by her, I'd appreciate it.

Feel free to PM me on it as needed.

Alaemon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 28, 2015

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Roger_Mudd posted:

Truth. I got a guy I use when I want to settle cases (lovely rear end snacks) and folks I use when I want to eat junk food all day.

That lady we were talking about the other day I use solely because:

1) Discount half-days; and
2) She puts out the BEST spread of food. Oh my god. And she orders in from a fancy restaurant for lunch.

Shiiitty mediator though.

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

Didn't you also build Lego dicks?

drat straight.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

CaptainScraps posted:

2) She puts out the BEST spread of food. Oh my god. And she orders in from a fancy restaurant for lunch.

drat straight.

What restaurants?

Also, Scraps and I went to high school with a guy whose mother was a mediator. Her name was Gay Cox. At an all guys school this was the pinacle of humor.

Lote fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 28, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

CaptainScraps posted:

drat straight.

If this is Dallas proper, I think I know exactly who you're talking about...

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Lote posted:

What restaurants?

Also, Scraps and I went to high school with a guy whose mother was a mediator. Her name was Gay Cox. At an all guys school this was the pinacle of humor.

It's still the pinnacle of humor.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Lote posted:

What restaurants?

Hehheheheh Gay Cox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

"27 posts in an hour? Maybe Toona reconsid- nope, just seltzer chat."

I just got emailed the agenda for admitted students day. I'm partly stoked and partly curious to see if there are any other 30-somethings starting this fall.