Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I'm going to put this next to the Parisian restaurant, then add a bouncer to keep the diner riffraff out.

How do I make minifigs look like they're looking down their noses at someone? That would really sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Looks like they're really doing the custom faces instead of the standard yellow heads then?

Any way to cheaply get a bunch of basic ones?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That 60th set is pretty great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
New modular is $170. I saw a bunch of pics in a youtube vid, not sure where they are from. I don't see them on the lego site.

Looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrjpLZZRRJY

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Waltzing Along posted:

New modular is $170. I saw a bunch of pics in a youtube vid, not sure where they are from. I don't see them on the lego site.

Looks good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrjpLZZRRJY

Embargo supposedly ends in an hour so should have full info then.

Dang, they blew up my need to MOC a gym with boxing ring for my park district building.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 29, 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The curves on that diner window are delicious.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

xzzy posted:

The curves on that diner window are delicious.

As a non-modular guy that is a sweet set. It may be my Jersey diner roots though, just needs more chrome!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I like this ideas set:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/bfc0634a-3a16-472d-8553-0955e52b99da

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

everyone please go support this a million times or I will kill everyone you ever loved. tia

There has been a shameful lack of LEGO Castle in the past 5 years and I need this something fierce.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Straight White Shark posted:

everyone please go support this a million times or I will kill everyone you ever loved. tia

There has been a shameful lack of LEGO Castle in the past 5 years and I need this something fierce.

Agreed. I supported it. I support most decent looking castle stuff on there.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kjermzs posted:

Nice, thanks.
Worth keeping it, it's quite a useful piece.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Hmh... no...

It just looks a bit too clumsy :-/

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

uXs posted:

Hmh... no...

It just looks a bit too clumsy :-/

i will make sure to look your family members in the eye and tell them you did this to them as they bleed out

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Like it matters. Lowtax could nag every single goon to support it and it wouldn't get a quarter of the votes it needs.

Unless you got a facebook campaign with meme potential your idea is DOA.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

I like this. I admire that the builder uses BURP elements instead of building up cliffs from 100 pieces. Shows an understanding of how Lego would actually approach it. Lego designers would be able to make this Idea really shine.

Also, that diner is going to cause friction in my marriage. But I have already committed to buying it. I may line up in front of the store on release day, which I have never done.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I love the design, and the price point is really good after the last two big modulars being ££££.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

Like it matters. Lowtax could nag every single goon to support it and it wouldn't get a quarter of the votes it needs.

Unless you got a facebook campaign with meme potential your idea is DOA.

please do not tell a grieving man his family died in vain, it's rude

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

i will make sure to look your family members in the eye and tell them you did this to them as they bleed out
Castle is Bad with a capital B

Huge obnoxious and awkward fortress wall pieces are terrible and useless except for making fortress walls

Need more Classic Space Stuff

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Huge obnoxious and awkward fortress wall pieces are terrible and useless except for making fortress walls

What the gently caress else are you going to use lego pieces for, making cheese dip? C'mon son

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
if lovely lego castle wall pieces were edible, they'd actually make decent dip scoopers

shame they're useless for everything else

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Need more Classic Space Stuff

I keep meaning to revisit this, and expand on it. But it's been sitting on my desk for like a year and a half with nothing happening.

Mini classic space is fun. Modular mini classic space is nerd heaven.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Landing pads are always flat :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Chris Knight posted:

Landing pads are always flat :colbert:

It's for kosmonauts, not astronauts.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And craters don't span baseplates either. :v:

I had fun with it. My idea has been to rig some technic holes into the edges so I can snap more baseplates together.. I have like six different mini versions of the galaxy explorer so room must be made.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I don't know why we need a Tron light cycle when there's already 70167 from the Ultra Agents theme.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Guess what set the wheels on the ideas tron bike came from. :v:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not that one?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’m going to say the fishing shack.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I got you, bud.

Davros1 posted:

Even Lego doesn't realize there's money in a banana stand
:ssh:

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007

This is great.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I'd love a model home. That falls apart if you look at it funny.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just want Gob and his segway

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

uXs posted:

I'd love a model home. That falls apart if you look at it funny.
Great idea.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just want Gob and his segway
Gotchu.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah, the guy in the 200 dollar banana suit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

I like that it comes with Mr Manager.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Why is the Winter Train 10254 so drat expensive. It has ~700 pieces and costs 1100 of my moonbucks, and i would need to spend 800 more for a couple of pieces to get it motorized.
Compared to the Winter Station 10259 with the same amount of pieces, costs 800, and is oft critisized for its bad piece:price ratio.

Is it the train track pieces? You get 4 of those for a dollar over at bricklink, but maybe Lego has them priced very high, internally? Or is it simply a "Cool set tax"? (The Winter Train is really loving cool and i want it)

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Funny how that set comes with an extra blind wheel even though the train doesn't use it, almost like buying 2 sets would give you a complete set of red train wheels...

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Ooh, I just noticed a 'retiring soon' tag on the lego shop, is that new? Love that, makes it way easier to prioritize stuff that you are saving up for.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Quake Mech went live. Same with Garmadonx3 and Piranha Attack.

I really enjoy going to the Lego store but today is a busy day so I was lucky to find and hold them at my local Target, too. Target has a free Lloyd figure with any purchase of a Ninjago over x dollars.

Did anything else launch today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just your childlike exuberance.