Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, best bet against Gawain is to get a team of Archers together with single-target NPs (preferably ones that are Arts-focused to make it easier to chain spam them) and just turn him into a pin cushion. Search your friends list for Euryale, Orion, Chloe von Einzbern, or Summer Artoria. David is also a good option, since he provides some support to help your team survive at least one NP with his party-wide dodge skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kuai posted:

This second Gawain fight is kicking my rear end. I was cruising along using berserkers until Camelot. Any suggestions?

Euryale is extremely good for dealing with most of the Knights of the Round Table. Two of her skills have a chance to buy you a turn of not getting NPed, and her NP does massive amounts of damage to males as well as also inflicting Charm. Just pair her with some support or defense servants, preferably Arts-oriented, to keep her alive and charge her NP quickly.

Orion and Medb should fill pretty much the same niche, if you have them.

for non-male Knights of the Round Table, it's a bit more difficult. but the same basic idea applies: use NP drain/seal abilities, stuns/charms, and defensive skills to hold off the constant NPs while you use someone with a big damage bonus to beat then to death ASAP. fortunately, there's plenty of support Jacks to give you anti-female firepower, and NP charge reduction skills are pretty common. David is particularly good at dealing with AOE attacks thanks to his full-team-evade ability, Benkei has a skill that has a chance of dealing NP seal, and Carmilla has both a NP drain skill and a NP that deals bonus anti-female damage

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Camelot: Bring Archer
Babylon: Bring Saber

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
as i sit back, to let the merlin gacha pass me by, i shed a single tear for the casters that are about to spook people and get burnt out of rage

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
or be cool and use my maxed out Robin.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

*ave maria plays as dozens of rhymes and helenas are put into the cube compactor*

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
More like Hail Marie (Antoinette).

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
yeah she's saying wassup to her cubies as well

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I will take pleasure in the moral conundrum Claw will face upon getting his 6th copy of Marie.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it is worth noting that Lancelot is immune to debuffs and all the other male Camelot bosses have debuff resist, so anything you try hitting them with needs a decent success rate to consistently lock them down

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also burning servants you don't have at np5 is for cowards

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Completed Babylonia with a couple hours to spare before i missed my free quartz

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

*ave maria plays as dozens of rhymes and helenas are put into the cube compactor*

i had to burn 3 caster Maries because i rolled her 8 times

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Gologle posted:

I will take pleasure in the moral conundrum Claw will face upon getting his 6th copy of Marie.

Claw will transcend mortal limits and will raise SECOND Marie. And grail her.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

dogsicle posted:

also burning servants you don't have at np5 is for cowards

Ya’ll cowards don’t even smoke servants.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Six more hours*

https://twitter.com/trsprrww_fate/status/1074691166094819328

* Barring server meltdown

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope you people roll him so I can leech like a rank E luck goon that I am.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Clawtopsy posted:

I still haven't pulled even one Helena, even though I really want her because UFOs are cool. :smith:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Do not, my friends, become addicted to Merlin. He will take hold of you, and you will resent his absence.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/typedril/status/1075787434791763978

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought the whole point of Merlin was to resent him for any and every reason

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Fou's Twitter account spotted?

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

El Burbo posted:

Completed Babylonia with a couple hours to spare before i missed my free quartz

:same: I've been playing this game like a second job between the Christmas events and trying to catch up for that sweet, sweet quartz. Now all I want is some pages and gears to get Jack and Vlad to their final ascensions and then I'm taking it easy for a while because yeesh.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

https://twitter.com/typedril/status/1074380267165503489

Come soon, next summer...

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Eresh wants to be my friend so she is my friend

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man it's gonna be real weird in a year when NA gets to all the serious part 2 stuff but will have access to nearly 2 years worth of fanart of Anastasia being used as a gag character.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

DW can only blame themselves for using her as a single-gag event character in the time since

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
IT'S GODDAMN HOT

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Whew, after a mad scramble over two days to clear all of Babylon, I have slid into home base for the 30 quartz with 40 minutes left.

I had to just start windmill slamming skip cutscene to go fast enough, I have go to the room log and watch like the entire latter third of the singularity.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/kankan33333/status/1075081355879313408/photo/1

I should probably read Kinnikuman one of these days to get all these references.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Gloomy Rube posted:

Eresh wants to be my friend so she is my friend

Eresh is also so much better than Ishtar.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

agreed

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Agreed, but that is like saying Chocolate Ice Cream is better than Vanilla. They're both good, but one is obviously superior.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

rider Ishtar is vanilla, regular Ishtar is ice cream soup

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Agreed, but that is like saying Chocolate Ice Cream is better than Vanilla. They're both good, but one is obviously superior.

then what is choc mint in this analogy

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Clawtopsy posted:

Terrible :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Clawtopsy posted:

Kiyohime

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Eresh is also so much better than Ishtar.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Did we unleash two of the Demon Pillars already?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

worst post itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

bad civ