Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That said, I'm glad they went with USB - C this time because at least I can bring along a power brick now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

:siren: Be warned: The WiiU version of Breath of the Wild has apparently leaked and people are already pulling assets from the game. If you want to remain unspoiled, be wary over the next week.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh dunk.
How does the Visa checkout thing work. People were saying you get $25 off a $100+ order?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FPzero posted:

:siren: Be warned: The WiiU version of Breath of the Wild has apparently leaked and people are already pulling assets from the game. If you want to remain unspoiled, be wary over the next week.

Did Nintendo put it on their content servers? Their content delivery system lets you pull whatever you want off it if you have the right programs/homebrew.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Cojawfee posted:

The Switch is 45% battery, I don't know what else they could have done.

I figured it'd take up more volume, but they did stuff it. Capacity-wise, the Switch has a totally acceptable battery for a 6.2" 720p tablet.

Inzombiac posted:

Oh dunk.
How does the Visa checkout thing work. People were saying you get $25 off a $100+ order?

Yea, Google that and sign up for/use Visa Checkout on orders of $100 and up. Works with preorders, GCU, and multiple orders. I preordered a grip of Switch games with a pro controller and saved around $100 off 3 orders. Only good til the 22nd which is in about an hour so I'd hurry.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 22, 2017

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PerrineClostermann posted:

Did Nintendo put it on their content servers? Their content delivery system lets you pull whatever you want off it if you have the right programs/homebrew.

There's an unlock key needed that won't be hacked but someone can just put up a cracked copy of a Wii U disk online.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I didn't know they were giving out review copies on Wii U.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Video games ship early for day 1 sales. Wii U games have also been leaking early this entire generation so it's not a surprise.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1576389298/nintendo-switch-dog-tongue-stickers-for-joy-con?ref=c0otzh

Now you too can own a dog.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I hope bummerman blows all those stickers up.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

:siren:Jimmy Hats' 500th Nintendo Switch Thread Post:siren:

Fire Emblem in Review

I like Fire Emblem but I read this entire post and it's spot on.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
spoil me on whether or not BotW has a plot worth leaving unspoiled

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Will BotW have dragon loving or do I have to wait for Fire Emblem for that?

Asking for a friend.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Jimmy Hats posted:

I dont speak japanese and was going off of memory. I guess i blocked serra out. Anyways w/e man take your shots i'm 7 feet tall and weigh 265 lbs behind my keyboard

also my best shot is that if you like anime dragons you should watch the Maidragon anime on crunchyroll

pretend I also posted this for the guy above me

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Space Flower posted:

spoil me on whether or not BotW has a plot worth leaving unspoiled

A young adventurer named Link searches for the legendary Tri-Force and Master Sword to help defeat the dark lord Ganon and save the Princess Zelda.

Hope this helps.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

This is so loving stupid I want it. I also want a plush.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Space Flower posted:

also my best shot is that if you like anime dragons you should watch the Maidragon anime on crunchyroll

I only watch english dubs, as I speak english and also they are a sort of litmus test that filters anime into 2 categories: A) actually watchable and B) jerk-off poo poo. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between the two at that point and I understand that whitey needs to sell category B blurays to fund category A. I'm pretty confident without doing any googling or other searches that maidragons (?maid dragons?) are category B.

Nice try though, you bastard!!

I'll just stick to purchasing fire emblem games

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SOON

https://youtu.be/pFlcqWQVVuU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
SOON?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZatoTL9IMk&t=12s

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I've only glanced at it but I think people are downloading it directly from Nintendo, like digital shoplifting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

enojy posted:

I've only glanced at it but I think people are downloading it directly from Nintendo, like digital shoplifting.

But their defense is that they are going to be buying it anyway. So it's like, pre-reverse-digital backup archiving for something they will own one day but don't yet.

It's a stupid defense.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's super easy to steal the games for Wii U. You download a program to the PC, it connects to the eshop servers and downloads data (Nintendo didn't protect it at all) and then run an installer with the homebrew channel. If the game is out of region, a region free hack has to be run first. The game installs and runs as if you bought it from the eshop. Zelda was put on the store but until a decryption key is out there it won't leak completely.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That's so adorable.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I've read a few other forums and people are recommending any USB C external battery to charge the Switch. This is the only forum that seems to think USB C is equivalent to a nuclear bomb and will explode at any moment. Is there any goon-approved external battery I can buy?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I got a power brick and a USB mini to USB c adapter from a GearVR and I'm going to use that to charge my switch and if everything blows up, oh well

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FPzero posted:

Please go gently caress up the Zelda thread with spoilers if people are gonna spoil poo poo

This is a safe space where we can hate on Bomberman openly.

Also Videogames please ban people who post spoilers... cause yeah I really wanna go into this one clean

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Here's a fat spoiler for you: Link gets his hands on some hot meat

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Nintendo is gonna cuck me with the Nintendo switch and it's gonna be some epic poo poo. The best cuck I've ever had.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

InFlames235 posted:

I've read a few other forums and people are recommending any USB C external battery to charge the Switch. This is the only forum that seems to think USB C is equivalent to a nuclear bomb and will explode at any moment. Is there any goon-approved external battery I can buy?

Any decent battery that doesn't use USB C, and a USB A > C cable that isn't trash. Ask the android thread, or google Benson Leung who is a google engineer who tests this poo poo in his spare time.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Not a Children posted:

It's pretty anime but it's literally the only puyo game to come out in the US since like 2004

puyo puyo tsu 3d classic

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

littleorv posted:

Nintendo is gonna cuck me with the Nintendo switch and it's gonna be some epic poo poo. The best cuck I've ever had.

Cuccos confirmed for Breath of the Wild!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Any decent battery that doesn't use USB C, and a USB A > C cable that isn't trash. Ask the android thread, or google Benson Leung who is a google engineer who tests this poo poo in his spare time.

Why would I not want a Type C battery bank? Those seem to be the only ones that put out 5v/3a like the official car adapter does.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

InFlames235 posted:

You've posted long enough to know the difference between goon hyperbole and facts. USB C is a poo poo show.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
will the nintendo switch fit in my pocket

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

extremely hot fire emblem take: i'd rather some dumb character designs and self-insert fanfics then all the weird poo poo kaga put into the snes games

and that he put into tearring saga

edit: wait did that guy just say whitey was the one making money on anime, because lol

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Why would I not want a Type C battery bank? Those seem to be the only ones that put out 5v/3a like the official car adapter does.

This is another issue too. Apparently the Switch needs 2.8a if you're going to play and charge at the same time. The USB Type C power banks I guess are the only ones that can do that which creates more of an issue on which to buy (if any).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

InFlames235 posted:

This is another issue too. Apparently the Switch needs 2.8a if you're going to play and charge at the same time. The USB Type C power banks I guess are the only ones that can do that which creates more of an issue on which to buy (if any).

I have 2 highly rated ones on my Amazon wishlist. Was just waiting on pulling the trigger on one.

Nov 24, 2014

tngffl posted:

Is there a consensus on the best memory card for the switch?

No.

Most people in this thread seem to be recommending Samsung cards. I've only ever used Sandisk, never had any problems. There are lots of fakes floating around so be careful if you plan getting a bargain on Ebay.

From what I've seen premium SD cards tend to have increased write speed, but similar read speeds so I wouldn't expect faster loading times just because you spent more. DO NOT waste your money on a UHS-II card.

I say wait and get one when you need it. You'll have ~25GB to play around with.

tngffl posted:

Also, is a separate charging adaptor required to go mobile with this bad boy?

The included AC adaptor will plug straight into your switch, using the dock is optional.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Just about none of them properly implement the USB Power Delivery spec.

To be honest, with a good C > C cable (they're not going to be cheap like Micro USB B cables) and one of the better USB C banks, you'll probably be okay like 90% of the time. The big issue is that USB C as a connector can support a multitude of technologies, and Power Delivery can do up to 100w of power at wildly differing voltages and currents. It's pretty tough to implement properly, and most everything out there has little caveats with their design at best. If you hit the edge case where they hosed up their implementation, your device could get supplied with a hell of a lot more power than it's supposed to and fry. USB A power is pretty simple and mature by comparison, and I'd take slower charging over using non-compliant devices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

I wish I didn't have such a hardon against Bestbuy, but I'm going to get some perverted satisfaction come Switch release time from the people who swear off Bestbuy for good after they got screwed out of their Switch pre-order or it turns out they didn't literally have an infinite supply of pro controllers.

• Locked thread