Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
lol

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
We were going for the 250kd challenge last night.

A made up challenge we made for ourselves. At least 250 kills over 25 matches. No more than 1 death.

This is the best i could manage:

One of my clan mates got a lot closer...

Quickplay is pretty great right now.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
They're bringing radar back to Competitive.

Thank loving Christ.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
cowards

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Yippeeee!!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

qbert posted:

They're bringing radar back to Competitive.

Thank loving Christ.

Oh thank gently caress.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
they're also adding control and clash to comp, which makes no loving sense, as well as the ability to easily earn a better version of redrix

l m a o

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i'm guessing the comp version of control/clash is 4's tho

still a really stupid way to artificially segment your player base however

lol

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also, because they hosed the bonus weekly glory, you're being rewarded with...One time bonus glory next season. can't wait for my 50 free glory!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also, because they hosed the bonus weekly glory, you're being rewarded with...One time bonus glory next season. can't wait for my 50 free glory!

it'll be the only 50 i have! hands off!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

i'm guessing the comp version of control/clash is 4's tho

it still breaks the spawn limited paradigm of comp/trials, tho, which is like the only reason the game mode is actually engaging.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Year 2 weapon slots will be live for all players, which may cause some weapons in players’ inventories to go to their Postmaster
All players should ensure their Postmasters are clear by August 28 to prevent loss of items

Pretty good piece of advice as I almost always have a postmaster full of blues.

I'm laughing so hard that anyone and everyone can get a Redrix' Broadsword which is the same thing but without the Lore tab.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
now the redrix will collect dust in MORE vaults

hell yeah

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm laughing so hard that anyone and everyone can get a Redrix' Broadsword which is the same thing but without the Lore tab.

nuhuh! there'll be a quest first! i'm sure it'll be really hard and not at all something dumb like 'go positive three games in a row'!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

quote:

Some of these quests will ask you to engage with Valor or Glory ranks

If one of the steps of the new Redrix's quest is to still gain ranks in Glory, then uh, yeah still not gonna get it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
maybe they realized that making something barely 1% of the game’s population got was possibly a bad idea

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
or something people even wanted.

thorn people wanted
redrix is a tile in shax's vendor page that 14 people even saw

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

maybe they realized that making something barely 1% of the game’s population got was possibly a bad idea

8,750 is more like half a percent. The fact that over 20x as many people have Whisper is hilarious.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Legs Benedict posted:

Nah grasp of malok was a great idea and well executed.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

qbert posted:

8,750 is more like half a percent. The fact that over 20x as many people have Whisper is hilarious.

listen i was trying to be generous and round it up

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I think 4s comp clash and control is good.

I liked everything in that TWAB.

loving lol about the Redrix though. Glad i didn't get it haha. That no radar bullshit was the loving worst. Good riddance

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I'm very glad about Redrix since it means anyone who has it was extremely owned.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol when I first read the twab I assumed Redrix Broadsword was a sword. I wondered how the hell desperado would work on that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

xzzy posted:

Nah grasp of malok was a great idea and well executed.

No it’s wasn’t, it was only reasonably gettable because a bug was exploitable and it was so powerful lots of players felt obligated to do that

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

el B posted:

Lol when I first read the twab I assumed Redrix Broadsword was a sword. I wondered how the hell desperado would work on that

Same.

I juat boiled it down to bungie being dumb

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

CheeseFactory posted:

Same.

I juat boiled it down to bungie being dumb

In our game that features swords, let's name a bunch of guns after types of swords. Makes perfect sense!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What did y'all think a Claymore was??

Did you picture Uriel covering his piece in Christmas Wrap??

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

qbert posted:

In our game that features swords, let's name a bunch of guns after types of swords. Makes perfect sense!

Someone just watched Baz Luhrmann's Romeo+Juliet

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I mean these are the same guys that, for no reason, decided to change Light Level to Power Level and Heavy Weapon to Power Weapon. What idiot would rename two different elements in their game the same word?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

qbert posted:

I mean these are the same guys that, for no reason, decided to change Light Level to Power Level and Heavy Weapon to Power Weapon. What idiot would rename two different elements in their game the same word?

Both those changes really pissed me off glad im not alone in the world

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I quite honestly am not aware of anyone who doesn't say light level or heavy because that's what the gently caress they are and what they are called.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Im a fan of Top 3 = Win in Rumble.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

el B posted:

Its dumb to call it a broadsword because theres about 50 other names that mean a sword without calling it a sword.

Redrix's cutlass or saber or loving anything but eh.

Also I dont get the complaints? I didnt think theyd announed anything about it other than it exists and has the same perks?

Rest of the comp changes are cool and good. 4v4 clash and elim etc was pretty common for custom games funnily enough especially in tournaments.

Its why the idiots tried to make all pvp 4v4.

Also re redrix claymore its not that its hard to get for most decent players its that
A) its pretty trash in the current met
And
B) no radar is aids and no one wants to play comp.

No one especially wants to grind 50+ wins in a bad game mode for a weapon thats worse than the consensus top 2.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://twitter.com/dadsofdestiny/status/1030249187936534528

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Even if Bungie had and delivered a clear answer, there's a high chance it doesn't even work the way they intended!

Just shoot the guns

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

A CM answered. Flat +1 Resilience with a clanmate, no increase with more members. Probably won't increase beyond cap, but he'll ask the team

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I prefer the LIQUID SWORDS handcannon that decapitates it’s victims at Lord Zavala’s behest.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

now cheese can get his 250 kad and not feel so insecure about himself

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

actionjackson posted:

now cheese can get his 250 kad and not feel so insecure about himself

With that extra 2hp we are going for a 300kds now.

Also, the metric we are using is KD. None of this weak water assist stuff.

:cmon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Quick question guys:

quote:

Lastly, players should be aware that Valor ranks reset at the conclusion of Season 3. If players do not unlock their masterwork for achieving Legend in their Valor ranking by the end of Season 3, their Valor rank will reset and they will have to begin anew in Season 4.

1. So does that mean I have to roll my rank over in order to not have my poo poo reset?
2. What is the masterwork they're talking about? Is there some item you get?
3. How to check my valor rank and/or find out if I got the masterwork without turning this dumb game on?