Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This was their fantasy Warhammer line. They didn't have to rebrand, they simply chose to so they could trademark all their new dumb names.

But then they also did something similar with 40K. Primaris Marines are the new hotness (and also a way to make you rebuy your army :tinfoil:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This is not it, chief.

This is:

Wow I couldn't read this on my ipad so I had to go get my big mac instead

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

The lol is subtle yet still delicious. I'll allow it

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

The lol is subtle yet still delicious. I'll allow it

Too subtle for me :(

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
airpods meme

if i was smarter i'd have just quoted it and edited it in over the original

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

LOL, gently caress, never mind! I thought it was a reference to that Achewood comic.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL, gently caress, never mind! I thought it was a reference to that Achewood comic.

poo poo is worse than smorky.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

A magma-rear end take for sure, oof

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A magma-rear end take for sure, oof

I would like to see the magma rear end please.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

There are about 5 or 6 good Achewoods that get posted over and over

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Spanish Manlove posted:

I would like to see the magma rear end please.

hello dot jaypegee

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

God drat, that just reminds me of how bad the later Beast Wars transformers designs were.

Except Dragon Megatron, that was dope, yes.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
When a meme becomes mandatory education:

We live in a society.txt:

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Can someone explain to this poor moron why McDonald's would lose its claim to the "Big Mac" trademark upon an unsuccessful challenge of someone else (not really) using it?

I love what happened, but I'm not sure why it happened. I thought megacorps usually get to throw their weight around without repercussions.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't realize there had been a page or two since ArMcGeddon

azurite has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Feb 11, 2019

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

azurite posted:

I love what happened, but I'm not sure why it happened. I thought megacorps usually get to throw their weight around without repercussions.

They definitely will, but for this very brief moment all other fast food chains can poo poo on them

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

azurite posted:

Can someone explain to this poor moron why McDonald's would lose its claim to the "Big Mac" trademark upon an unsuccessful challenge of someone else (not really) using it?

who would care that it has been a few pages

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

who would care that it has been a few pages

turn off your monitor

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Samuringa posted:

They definitely will, but for this very brief moment all other fast food chains can poo poo on them

It could potentially be for good, McDonald's lawyers forgot to even make the case that they use the trademark and you usually don't get to introduce new evidence in appeal

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DrBouvenstein posted:

God drat, that just reminds me of how bad the later Beast Wars transformers designs were.

Except Dragon Megatron, that was dope, yes.

Quoting myself, but seriously, look at how poo poo Optimal Optimus was (I believe this is his form after absorbing the original Optimus Prime's Spark?):

The Ape and Robot form are nearly identical (and if I remember right, being a Transmetal, he didn't really need his animal form since the weird form of energon that was all over planet Earth at the time of Beast Wars didn't affect Transmetal robot modes the way it did to their OG forms,) his jet forms is literally just ,
"He flies like Superman with his arms out, but two tiny wings pop out," and his car form is,
"he hunches over and puts his hands together, and I guess a wheel is there."

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It could potentially be for good, McDonald's lawyers forgot to even make the case that they use the trademark and you usually don't get to introduce new evidence in appeal

Luckily McDonalds has vast amounts of the only evidence courts really prefer: money.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Quoting myself, but seriously, look at how poo poo Optimal Optimus was (I believe this is his form after absorbing the original Optimus Prime's Spark?):

The Ape and Robot form are nearly identical (and if I remember right, being a Transmetal, he didn't really need his animal form since the weird form of energon that was all over planet Earth at the time of Beast Wars didn't affect Transmetal robot modes the way it did to their OG forms,) his jet forms is literally just ,
"He flies like Superman with his arms out, but two tiny wings pop out," and his car form is,

it's a child's toy

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Last Chance posted:

it's a child's toy

I assure you DrBouvenstein is physically an adult.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Hey, sometimes the world needs to hear the truth about lazy Transformers. :colbert:

And don't get me started on Michael Bay.

:goonsay:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

As far as I can remember, all the Transformers dolls were pretty loving janky originally. I know they much later did some that actually managed to look like robots when transformed to a robot because I bought my nephew two but they were also really loving hard to transform because the tolerances were so small.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

azurite posted:

They had to provide evidence that they are using their Big Mac trademark in order to enforce it against being infringed upon. The evidence they showed up at court with was considered to be insufficient (on very technical, and pretty spurious grounds), and in fact was deemed to show that they weren't using their Big Mac trademark at all, so their trademark on the name was revoked.

They can still appeal, and will almost certainly get it back, but whatever it's p funny. I think they came with pictures of their Big Mac's for sale at their restaurants and on their websites, and the court was like "well, there's no proof you sold any of these 'Big Macs', so you lose."

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

DrBouvenstein posted:

He was awesome because he towered over all the other Autobots like he was a giant robot's giant robot

And also kinda looked like he was made with a lot of spare parts and missing pieces, a broken sort of look.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

OG beast wars was so much cooler

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yep. Yes. Yes. Uh huh. Yes. And that one. Yep. Yes. Yes, I hate all of those words that you just typed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jerry Cotton posted:

Transformers dolls

Holy poo poo, ten-year-old me just shrieked in pure blind indignant rage. Haven't heard from him in a goon's age

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

So that's why that bottle opener you store in your seatbelt holster was considered stupid

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

This was their fantasy Warhammer line. They didn't have to rebrand, they simply chose to so they could trademark all their new dumb names.

They did try to trademark giant pauldrons and skulls, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

JcDent posted:

But then they also did something similar with 40K. Primaris Marines are the new hotness (and also a way to make you rebuy your army :tinfoil:)

Can't wait for 3D printers and pirated miniatures to put Games Workshop out of business. :allears:

Some friends and I once tried out 40K. It was okay, but really more trouble than it was worth. (And definitely not worth paying a zillion dollars to Games Workshop.) Everyone agreed that the evening we'd spent the week before, ineptly painting all the miniatures, had been more fun than the actual game was.