Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
If you're one of the people on OG Moana clans 2-6 and want to get grouped up with other people in a more populated clan, just Discord DM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/247880267

Redrix's Broadsword Quest Steps

Redrix’s Claymore will remain exclusive to Season 3. The Redrix’s Broadsword will be available through a pinnacle weapon questline in Season 4 offered by Lord Shaxx. To set expectations, here are the quest steps that must be completed in order to acquire Redrix’s Broadsword:

Step 1:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 200 opponents with Pulse Rifle final blows.

Step 2:
• Reach Valor Rank “Heroic”

Step 3:
• In the Crucible. Earn 75 Double Plays.

Step 4:
• In the Crucible. Defeat 150 opponents with precision final blows from any Pulse Rifle.

Step 5:
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Arc final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Solar final blows
• In the Crucible, defeat 50 opponents with Void final blows

Step 6:
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Quickplay (Rotators count)
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Competitive
• Complete 25 Crucible matches in Rumble

Step 7:
• Complete 20 Crucible Bounties

Step 8:
• Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season

Step 9:
• Visit Lord Shaxx and claim your reward.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Roman posted:

Step 8:
• Reset your Valor rank 5 times within a single season

i was on board right up until this. holy poo poo.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Hahaha holy poo poo

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Also: "Valor Rank resets only count during the season in which you have the quest in your inventory. Past resets will NOT count towards this."

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Lol

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
This is actually way better of a grind for the pvp players. I'm down with all of this

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thats really easy.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Seriously I max out valor probably once a week.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
well, guess im just not touching siege again once forsaken hits

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

In other news, I switched the HDD in my PS4 Pro to a 1 TB SSHD hybrid I had laying around and it's silly how snappier the menus and stuff load in now. The default HDD the Pro comes with is some slow rear end Quantum Bigfoot poo poo in comparison.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

el B posted:

Seriously I max out valor probably once a week.

Same.

I dont even know what the big deal is with redrix buttplug. Everyone gonna be running a handcannon anyway.

Also I have a sneaky suspicion that bungie will be too dumb to realise that buffing heavy pulses buffs vigilance wing as well.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Angry Walrus posted:

well, guess im just not touching siege again once forsaken hits

Wrong move.
You should be playing more siege.
Blowtorch op boiiiiiiii

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

BlindSite posted:

I dont even know what the big deal is with redrix buttplug.

Gonna be super good for gambit. Invade, headshot a thrall and then let loose on the enemy team

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
The real poo poo part of the new Redrix's questline is that you have to do those steps sequentially. So only after going through a ton of grinding do you get the privilege to start resetting your Valor 5 times.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I hope the broadsword ends up being a shotgun

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

el B posted:

I hope the broadsword ends up being a shotgun

its the same gun lol

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

qbert posted:

The real poo poo part of the new Redrix's questline is that you have to do those steps sequentially. So only after going through a ton of grinding do you get the privilege to start resetting your Valor 5 times.

That’s insane and a big No. I thought the redrix claymore wasn’t anything special to begin with?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I think it's a good gun, but caters to a specific playstyle that requires thumbs so that's a big ol NO for me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Graviton lance with the completed catalyst requires even less thumbs than before!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Blind Rasputin posted:

That’s insane and a big No. I thought the redrix claymore wasn’t anything special to begin with?

Its not in the current meta. The speculation is though that the archetype will 2 burst like the messenger of old in the new update.

The belief therefore being that it'll be viable without the perk active and godly with it.

I know a few people with it and they tend to find it more frustrating than anything at the moment.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Bungie's clarified that the rank resets for the broadsword quest are retroactive, you need to get 5 in one season but don't need to wait until step 8 before they start counting

https://twitter.com/Tocom11/status/1030650808616931328

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Boooooo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What are the specific perks of this gay MLG sword

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer

actionjackson posted:

What are the specific perks of this gay MLG sword

It’s not a sword, its a Y2 version of Redrix’s Claymore with 2 random perks (still has outlaw and desperado). They are just both named after types of swords.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Kadath posted:

It’s not a sword, its a Y2 version of Redrix’s Claymore with 2 random perks (still has outlaw and desperado). They are just both named after types of swords.

I'm pretty sure it's just random barrel/mag/masterwork. I mean I guess that's 2 random perks, but, you know. It's not going to get kill clip or explosive rounds or anything

Bungie posted:

Each drop will have the fixed Outlaw + Desperado combination
Each drop will also have randomized barrels, magazines, and Masterwork perks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The one you get from shaxx is a 100% perk/stat clone. One hundred

Future drops from crucible engrams have outlaw desperado and additional random aspects

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The one you get from shaxx is a 100% perk/stat clone. One hundred

Future drops from crucible engrams have outlaw desperado and additional random aspects

and those additional random aspects are barrel/mag/masterwork, according to bungie

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

After all this shootmanning and alien punching I've done for this armor it occurs to me I've still only ever seen the catalyst for Tractor Cannon drop. I want my Crimson upgrade god drat it

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
I feel like the kills requirements is maybe one weekend of Moana quickplay action.

Not.... Crazy? Unless they crank SBMM up to 10000 again.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Insane Totoro posted:

Unless they crank SBMM up to 10000 again.

you know this is inevitable.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mazerunner posted:

Bungie's clarified that the rank resets for the broadsword quest are retroactive, you need to get 5 in one season but don't need to wait until step 8 before they start counting

https://twitter.com/Tocom11/status/1030650808616931328

I've reset about 20 times because I'm super duper cool

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

I've reset about 20 times because I'm super duper cool

the quote is kind of confusing, but they definitely mean 'next season' when they say 'the same season'.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So legit question
Is the game good finally?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the quote is kind of confusing, but they definitely mean 'next season' when they say 'the same season'.

Ok i see what you mean.

Yeah that's cool at least you can work on some of these non sequentially

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

So legit question

ahahahahahahahha

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Calaveron posted:

So legit question

its better than it was at launch and still worse than what we had in AoT

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Maker Of Shoes posted:

its better than it was at launch and still worse than what we had in AoT

Sucks. I really enjoyed destiny 1 and it’s bad that this sequel game with what over a year of dlcs can’t be as good as its predecessor

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just noticed the lore tab for the armor and I love that it's canon now that Zavala's a huge idiot for rallying all the guardians next door to the Space Wizard Megaship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Calaveron posted:

Sucks. I really enjoyed destiny 1 and it’s bad that this sequel game with what over a year of dlcs can’t be as good as its predecessor
Ask again a few weeks after the expansion comes out