Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

He does some crazy good editing and filming, a shame he's kind of a knobhead.

This guy read my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

This guy read my mind

The answer to this question is naturally no because then they'd have to learn to ride properly.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is that dude wearing underwear over his leathers?

No, it’s his Max Wrist branded bum bag. I know you guys call it a fanny pack but I won’t do it.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Plus then you can buy stupid comedy poo poo and troll people.

Troll? :crossarms:

Oh 100% stealing that

Beach Bum fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 12, 2020

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Beach Bum posted:

Oh 100% stealing that

It’s just what we call ‘em down under!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Here4DaGangBang posted:

It’s just what we call ‘em down under!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDsfzJXGAo8&t=55s

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

Classic Keith.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

If I ride to my optometrist appointment tomorrow and they dilate my eyes, will I die on the ride home

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FBS posted:

If I ride to my optometrist appointment tomorrow and they dilate my eyes, will I die on the ride home

IANAD but pretty sure eye dilation isn't fatal.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Optometrists usually tell you when you make the appointment if you're not supposed to drive afterwards.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
the first time i had that done i was like pfffff i ain't no baby, scared of a little light, gently caress this i'm just gonna walk home myself. it's cloudy anyway so how bright could it be at noon. it will be fine

narrator: it wasn't

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Last time I got my eyes dilated I got a screaming migraine and had to take a nap because it was too bright in my basement apartment

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

So get one of those welder face masks and tape it to the visor of your helmet, you should be fine.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I got my eyes dilated in my Lasik consultation and I drove back to work by myself and it didn't seem that bad, just brighter than usual at the office and while driving :iiam:

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
Last time my wife got her eyes dilated she walked in the house wearing two pairs of sunglasses.

So, tinted visor and a pair of sunglasses and you should be perf.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

They dilated one eye waaaay more than the other one which was extremely distracting for like four hours. I'm glad I drove.

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I really hate the legacy that Final Destination has left behind.

I don't remember a single thing about any movie in that series except the logging truck scene.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3e4m69nx3w

this is pretty much what my daily commute through Glendale is like

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Was riding some fire roads with a mate on his GS yesterday - he got a low tyre pressure warning for the rear (slow leak) and took out the 12v compressor he'd just bought to air it back up. We tried hooking it up to my battery and nothing. We couldn't get to his battery because the bolts holding the covers on were Torx and I was only able to get one off with a hex key + rubber band, other one was stuck fast.

Surprisingly the Topeak bicycle frame pump my cheap KLR riding self brought along did a fairly decent job of getting it up to around 20-25psi - like maybe only took a minute or so? Couldn't spot an obvious punture so we'd ride a while, stop, pump his tyre back up, and continue. When we got to the first servo he wasn't able to get much more pressure in there because of the dumb angle on the valve for his tyre (he had a 90 degree adapter but had left it on another bike) so we continued on another 25 minutes to a bigger town where were able to put more pressure in. There was a bloke with his bonnet popped nearby, so mate went over and tried the 12v compressor on his car battery - also nothing. Thing was DOA.

At that point I could hear the leak and tracked it down, so he broke out his tubeless repair kit and installed a plug in short order, which got him the remaining 120ks home without incident. The tyre was near the end of its life anyways so he's gonna fit it with a replacement.

Things I learned:
1) Test new accessories before you use them - this was actually a decent brand, motorcycle specific pump
2) If your bike uses dumb Torx fasteners, bring a dumb Torx set (or better yet, replace them with something more universal; all the Torx and JIS bolts I've found on the KLR have been removed and replaced with Allen key)
3) Bicycle pump is not as miserable to use I thought it would be. I splashed out on the fancer Topeak pump with a pressure gauge because I figured it'd do double duty between pushbike and motorbike.
4) Tubeless tyres are pretty great and definitely something I'll consider on my next bike

Ethics_Gradient fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jan 15, 2020

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ethics_Gradient posted:

Was riding some fire roads with a mate on his GS yesterday - he got a low tyre pressure warning for the rear (slow leak) and took out the 12v compressor he'd just bought to air it back up. We tried hooking it up to my battery and nothing. We couldn't get to his battery because the bolts holding the covers on were Torx and I was only able to get one off with a hex key + rubber band, other one was stuck fast.

Surprisingly the Topeak bicycle frame pump my cheap KLR riding self brought along did a fairly decent job of getting it up to around 20-25psi - like maybe only took a minute or so? Couldn't spot an obvious punture so we'd ride a while, stop, pump his tyre back up, and continue. When we got to the first servo he wasn't able to get much more pressure in there because of the dumb angle on the valve for his tyre (he had a 90 degree adapter but had left it on another bike) so we continued on another 25 minutes to a bigger town where were able to put more pressure in. There was a bloke with his bonnet popped nearby, so mate went over and tried the 12v compressor on his car battery - also nothing. Thing was DOA.

At that point I could hear the leak and tracked it down, so he broke out his tubeless repair kit and installed a plug in short order, which got him the remaining 120ks home without incident. The tyre was near the end of its life anyways so he's gonna fit it with a replacement.

Things I learned:
1) Test new accessories before you use them - this was actually a decent brand, motorcycle specific pump
2) If your bike uses dumb Torx fasteners, bring a dumb Torx set (or better yet, replace them with something more universal; all the Torx and JIS bolts I've found on the KLR have been removed and replaced with Allen key)
3) Bicycle pump is not as miserable to use I thought it would be. I splashed out on the fancer Topeak pump with a pressure gauge because I figured it'd do double duty between pushbike and motorbike.
4) Tubeless tyres are pretty great and definitely something I'll consider on my next bike

The weirdest thing about this story is your mate has a GS that doesn't have at least one 12v accessory port!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

The weirdest thing about this story is your mate has a GS that doesn't have at least one 12v accessory port!

lol fr

pretty sure my dad's came with a tender hookup stock

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Wow my bike didn’t come with no tinder hookups :(

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

gotta buy a ducati for that :D

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Finger Prince posted:

It actually did, but the compressor only had alligator clips :negative:

We need a GS emoji

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Martytoof posted:

Wow my bike didn’t come with no tinder hookups :(

right arm posted:

gotta buy a ducati for that :D

He said Tinder, not Grindr.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ethics_Gradient posted:

It actually did, but the compressor only had alligator clips :negative:

We need a GS emoji

Wasn't there a roundel-colored version of :smug: a while back?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
I did the needful and put a rack and top box on the Hawk so I can commute and run errands on it. Night and day difference, I love it and love this bike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

MomJeans420 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3e4m69nx3w

this is pretty much what my daily commute through Glendale is like

If the biker hadn't panicked and grabbed a fistful, the bike would have gone straight into that huge log and he'd have ended up sailing over the top of it and out of the pileup, probably

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Finger Prince posted:

no poo poo. It's a GS that didn't have the Touratech catalog thrown at it? wow.
Even the Africa twin can have one for the low low price of $80.

Had a similar issue with a tirepump after some dirt rides. lovely plastic tire valve failed. rode it 40 miles with 15psi. fuckerrrrr
Test your equipment before it's needed. something something prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Old bucket of bolts has on board air now.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

I did the needful and put a rack and top box on the Hawk so I can commute and run errands on it. Night and day difference, I love it and love this bike.

Luggage is the best mod

DearSirXNORMadam
Aug 1, 2009
<s>It still mystefies me that the NC750 is the only bike I know of (aside from maxi scooters) that has luggage capacity that is completely stock and built into the drat thing.

Like is it really so mysterious a concept that you might want to carry poo poo on a motorcycle that everyone besides honda has to charge 500 dollars for the sidecases?</s>

Ok, and dressers, I'm actually an idiot. Left up for posterity to document the dangers of posting while you are dumb.

DearSirXNORMadam fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 16, 2020

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Mirconium posted:

<s>It still mystefies me that the NC750 is the only bike I know of (aside from maxi scooters) that has luggage capacity that is completely stock and built into the drat thing.

Like is it really so mysterious a concept that you might want to carry poo poo on a motorcycle that everyone besides honda has to charge 500 dollars for the sidecases?</s>

Ok, and dressers, I'm actually an idiot. Left up for posterity to document the dangers of posting while you are dumb.

i would much rather that bike have extra fuel capacity than the lovely little plastic garbage heaped on top of the actual fuel tank to provide that awkward cramped storage.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Renaissance Robot posted:

If the biker hadn't panicked and grabbed a fistful, the bike would have gone straight into that huge log and he'd have ended up sailing over the top of it and out of the pileup, probably

he had to lay her down

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mirconium posted:

Also the Honda PC800 from, jesus gently caress, over 30 years ago now

Isolationist
Oct 18, 2005

The implication.

Razzled posted:

i would much rather that bike have extra fuel capacity than the lovely little plastic garbage heaped on top of the actual fuel tank to provide that awkward cramped storage.

Could be the worst of both worlds, BMW Scarver . Great work, Germany!
🤮

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

He said Tinder, not Grindr.

Can conform: Ducatis get you lots of dudes. Dudecati.

Razzled posted:

Yeah, I’d appreciate a place to store smaller stuff like a wallet or whatever, but these bizarrely-shaped storage spots on some of the bikes are sort of ridiculous. Also, if you’re regularly running around town and need to carry groceries and stuff, there’s no better and cheaper solution than a milk crate strapped to the back of the bike (or scoot).

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

Phy posted:

Luggage is the best mod

The "New Balance shoes are the most comfortable" of motorcycling.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Strife posted:

The "New Balance shoes are the most comfortable" of motorcycling.

More like the "oh it's a beautiful day it would be awesome to ride my bike to work/go run up the long way to the store instead of taking the car" of motorcycling.

Like, I get if you just run local rodes for fun on nice days, track, or haul your dirtbike to the trail. But if you have stuff to carry in your daily life, there is nothing in the world like having a place to put it.

It means you can focus on enjoying riding, and forget about the stuff you brought.

Edit: Modular flip up helmets are the new balance shoes or motorcycling.

Coydog fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jan 16, 2020

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I use a backpack...

Though an underbone with a crate would be a nice citybike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Coydog posted:

:hfive:

Adding luggage that I can swap from bike to bike has transformed them from fun A-to-B transport into practical machines. I take my VFR grocery shopping or to Menards to SAVE BIG MONEY.