Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Guillermus posted:

I hope so because MGSV is next after I finish TLoU.

I would play MGS3 instead. it's about 10times better than V in almost every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah MGS3 is a great PS4 game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah MGS3 is a great PS4 game.

:cheeky:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

veni veni veni posted:

There's a simple explanation for all of it.

Basically Naked Snake is his true form before the New England Patriots separate him into his three states of being: Solid, Liquid, and Vapor. Everyone thinks liquid snake is the strongest because he can get into anywhere but it’s actually Solid Snake because he got all the excessive genes. Vapor Snake doesn’t have a very visible role in the plot.

MGS2 is controversial because it introduces a character who pretends to be the fourth brother Plasma Snake but ends up actually being Ninja Raiden who actually kind sucks until his own game where he becomes Ninja Raiden Black and fights a Senator.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

veni veni veni posted:

Holy poo poo wipeout is so hard jfc

It's a young man's game. I am too old for it and the VR version may very well be the death of me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nanomachines, son.

Or better yet, grab em by the gears

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 15, 2017

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
MGSV looked great, had awesome tools, gunplay and so on. It's just goddamned repetitive :(

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

veni veni veni posted:

Play the HD and Fury campaigns first.

The 2048 or whatever one is nails hard for some reason, despite being the first thing on the menu.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

henpod posted:

MGSV looked great, had awesome tools, gunplay and so on. It's just goddamned repetitive :(

MGSV is my favorite boot camp mil simulator

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

For anyone who played the demo and didn't think much of it (like me), The Surge is actually a pretty good Souls-like. If it's on sale I'd recommend picking it up. I've run out of Souls games and I usually play one over the Christmas break so it was nice to find something to tide me over!

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What good party games are out there? I have drawful 2 and Jack box 3 but wasn't sure if there's anything else considered must have.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jackbox 2 is far better than 3 IMO

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So I think I need to play MGR:R before anything else right now.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Relin posted:

do i need to opt in for the pathetic trophy rewards system or is it already accruing if i have my rewards account linked

You need to opt in. Unfortunately, it doesn't count the ones you've already earned. I stopped focusing on trophies right before i signed up.
(111 platinums :smug: would've gotten me $110 in PSN credits )

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Anyone played Metro Redux on PS4? Can someone tell me if they added a FoV slider? I couldn't play the original on 360 because of the narrow fov and on PC it could be modded, then on Redux editions on PC they finally added a fov slider. I'd replay them on PS4 at some point but only if the fov is not that low.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

For anyone who played the demo and didn't think much of it (like me), The Surge is actually a pretty good Souls-like. If it's on sale I'd recommend picking it up. I've run out of Souls games and I usually play one over the Christmas break so it was nice to find something to tide me over!

I just played a bit of the demo and bought it when it was half-price a while ago, so it's next on my list whenever I reign in my raging DS3 addiction.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

Anyone played Metro Redux on PS4? Can someone tell me if they added a FoV slider? I couldn't play the original on 360 because of the narrow fov and on PC it could be modded, then on Redux editions on PC they finally added a fov slider. I'd replay them on PS4 at some point but only if the fov is not that low.

Fairly sure they didn't.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

veni veni veni posted:

It really says a lot that to beat an event in 2048 you just have to place fifth (which is a loving challenge in itself). Actually winning is "elite". Even a single half-second mistake is the difference between winning and losing, especially in an agility or fighter ship.

The only thing I don't like about it is the music is a little lacking to me but as I understand it they lost the rights to use the original tracks so what can you do

quote:

Fairly sure they didn't.

Nope they didn't.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Dec 15, 2017

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

veni veni veni posted:

You may find these useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxzYkTralIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpM8qOhpoPU

They cover pretty much the same ground save for the team/ship descriptions since they change from HD/Fury to 2048, so watch the one you'll be starting with (which should probably be HD -> Fury -> 2048, since... VVV )

RBA Starblade posted:

It really says a lot that to beat an event in 2048 you just have to place fifth (which is a loving challenge in itself). Actually winning is "elite". Even a single half-second mistake is the difference between winning and losing, especially in an agility or fighter ship.
Yeah, holy poo poo. I played a bunch of HD/Fury on the PS3; I fired this up and immediately got gold medals in all tracks for the first HD event, swapped to 2048 and got my arse kicked all over the place, ended up 7th place in the very first race and I'm still like 5 seconds off elite finish on the first timed track. :psyduck:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, holy poo poo. I played a bunch of HD/Fury on the PS3; I fired this up and immediately got gold medals in all tracks for the first HD event, swapped to 2048 and got my arse kicked all over the place, ended up 7th place in the very first race and I'm still like 5 seconds off elite finish on the first timed track. :psyduck:

Now imagine playing this with the Vita's sticks and shoulder buttons.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Edmond Dantes posted:

You may find these useful:

Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0e8ZMVqVCc

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

fruit on the bottom posted:

Basically Naked Snake is his true form before the New England Patriots separate him into his three states of being: Solid, Liquid, and Vapor. Everyone thinks liquid snake is the strongest because he can get into anywhere but it’s actually Solid Snake because he got all the excessive genes. Vapor Snake doesn’t have a very visible role in the plot.

MGS2 is controversial because it introduces a character who pretends to be the fourth brother Plasma Snake but ends up actually being Ninja Raiden who actually kind sucks until his own game where he becomes Ninja Raiden Black and fights a Senator.

Vapor Snake will be in MGS6. :smugbert:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Can't wait to meet Bose-Einstein Condensate Snake.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Ugh, Battlefront 2 is so much wasted potential. EA has had the Star Wars license for how many years now? And all they have to show for it are Battlefront, an MMO that no one wanted, and that god-awful Han Solo Kinect game.

Compare that to Lucas Arts and 20 years of solid games ranging from Jedi Knight to KOTOR.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually would have preferred Ubisoft to get the 10 year license. At least then we would have gotten a bunch of Ubisoft-like open world Star Wars games.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Battlefront 2 is already half off for the new year’s sale in Japan.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cardboard Fox posted:

Ugh, Battlefront 2 is so much wasted potential. EA has had the Star Wars license for how many years now? And all they have to show for it are Battlefront, an MMO that no one wanted, and that god-awful Han Solo Kinect game.

About 169,000 people have the same sentiment: https://www.change.org/p/lucasfilm-revoke-ea-s-star-wars-license

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nice.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
This fight 9 armored vehicles mission in mgsv is fuckery

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

verbal enema posted:

This fight 9 armored vehicles mission in mgsv is fuckery

block the road

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea you can literally just spawn in a vehicle, drop it in the middle of the road and wait. if you're in the right spot, they'll all try to pass you by and you can fulton them when they stop at your roadblock. one of the easier missions to get no traces on

kinda boring tho since you gotta wait even with the magic cigar

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Liver Disaster posted:

block the road

i loaded up in the middle of the mission when the mlrs appears and i have like 10 seconds to run 15 feet

I have a vague memory of stopping here assuming it wouldn't get worse but then i dropped a tank in and had it one shot by the enemy tank.

Fuckers! I don't want to restart this mission

E: yeah their in high alert already so maybe that's why when i drop a vehicle in the just start shooting the second the see it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

verbal enema posted:

E: yeah their in high alert already so maybe that's why when i drop a vehicle in the just start shooting the second the see it

restart the mission and do this. super easy s rank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUK5_tCqzBY

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thanks for the Wipeout tips dudes. Yeah I started 2048 and thought I was naturally good at it for like 5 races and all of a sudden I was in a constant struggle for 7th place :v: once the B class races showed up. Game is hard as balls. I'll try the other ones.

revolther
May 27, 2008
All the MGSV advice forgoes that if you've played the game in a totally boring fashion just beating the 5 or 6 missions before backup back down, you won't have the ability to fulton vehicles or a heavy weapon beyond the grenade launcher.

Replaying it I discovered this, and it was a lot more difficult than the first time when I had been wanking off in afghanistan picking flowers for 20 hours.

So the answer really is grind till you get a fulton upgrade and vehicle cheese it, or be a bad rear end with a grenade launcher and c4

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Battlefront 2 is already half off for the new year’s sale in Japan.

They just put it on spotlight sale here in the US too.

No thanks.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is Digimon World:Next Order any good ?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I bet none of you cleared Backup Backdown with a mounted anti air cannon

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

In MGS:V everyone and everything 'got' to come home with me and be my friends except for when I was recovering Quiet.
Fulton upgrades first, everything else second.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The cycle of goons turning harshly on initially well received titles is alive and well for these last few pages! Lotta cool guys and hot takes itt.

MGSV is good, get your brains checked, holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Everything about Quiet is embarrassingly bad.