Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

FAUXTON posted:

Who could blame her, Indian food is delicious

Just another thing that she shares with the British.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Good news for 30 years war experts: new applications are growing for your expertise

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
In the coming centuries we'll be back to pikes and muzzle loaders, sure as poo poo.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

A tiger will bite your dick off.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

A tiger will bite your dick off.

Yeah if the drivetrain doesn't break

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
please kill me

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man can you believe what the internet is putting out these days

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

There's a lot to unpack there but I'm gonna go with "submarine guns"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
American's "rudimentary supply system" was the part that really stood out for me.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

zoux posted:

There's a lot to unpack there but I'm gonna go with "submarine guns"

Seems pretty cut and dry to me...

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Tank destroyers, famously a thing only Germans had.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Comrade Gorbash posted:

American's "rudimentary supply system" was the part that really stood out for me.

big fan of "the USAAF did not support the army"

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

I'm laughing at how American vehicles were apparently abandoned in mud puddles while Kruppstahl was hauled back and every bit of the buffaloTiger was used, even if the vehicle was scrap metal and they were just looting it for spares.

Also laughing at what I presume is where credentials go on that website. "Read over 100 books on WW2." Half tempted to find where that is and write a rebuttal with "have a PhD in German history."

But I won't. Because I'm lazy.

and because I have to go get really loving drunk because I think I just got a real grown up adult job holy poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The Germans had the support of the mighty Luftwaffe.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
no way that's not written by like a 10-14 year old. bullshitting your half remembered Hearts of Iron campaign into what you think sounds like a convincing historical reality is exactly the kind of poo poo my friends and I would have done at that age.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mycroft Holmes posted:

please kill me

That's what I call linguistic efficiency! You just need to read the first six words, and you immediately know what to do next.

In this case, purging the text from your memory and wishing hard for psychic powers so you can give the author a wedgie through the internet.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Koramei posted:

no way that's not written by like a 10-14 year old. bullshitting your half remembered Hearts of Iron campaign into what you think sounds like a convincing historical reality is exactly the kind of poo poo my friends and I would have done at that age.

Nah, there's some oddball specifics. I mean, could be a highschooler but the kind who hangs out in the history aisle of Barnes & Noble reading poo poo like "TIgers in the Mud" rather than the one who's just cribbing off video games.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mycroft Holmes posted:

please kill me

If it makes you feel better, the top voted answer for that on Quora is "The Americans kicked their rear end in literally every way."

Reading his profile, he claims to be a descendant of an SS soldier. He's also denied that there's any concrete evidence of gas chambers in the concentration camps (with one of his sources being https://www.expeltheparasite.com), stated that the SS always got the best training and equipment, and admitted to getting banned from Fortnite for hacking.

So not a kid, just an outright Nazi.

chitoryu12 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 11, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wow a nazi apologist holocaust denying gamer, you say

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

zoux posted:

Wow a nazi apologist holocaust denying gamer, you say
Whoever heard of such a thing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

If it makes you feel better, the top voted answer for that on Quora is "The Americans kicked their rear end in literally every way."

Reading his profile, he claims to be a descendant of an SS soldier. He's also denied that there's any concrete evidence of gas chambers in the concentration camps (with one of his sources being https://www.expeltheparasite.org), stated that the SS always got the best training and equipment, and admitted to getting banned from Fortnite for hacking.

In Earthdawn, there's a spell allowing you to crush someone's heart by making a crushing motion with your fist. Luckily for that idiot, magic isn't real.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Koramei posted:

I used to post on the gamefaqs forums as a youth and I remember one time in a Medal of Honor game forum (frontline? It doesn’t matter) some kid asked to proofread his high school essay about d-day and it was literally just a description of the opening of Saving Private Ryan. He thought the characters were real and that’s how d-day happened. I think he came back and said he got a B on it

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Cyrano4747 posted:

Also laughing at what I presume is where credentials go on that website. "Read over 100 books on WW2." Half tempted to find where that is and write a rebuttal with "have a PhD in German history."
Are there actually that many books with iron crosses on the cover?

Could it be 100 copies of the same book?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Are there actually that many books with iron crosses on the cover?
100 is at least an order of magnitude too small, even if we just limit ourselves to non-fiction.

However, this

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Could it be 100 copies of the same book?
is still entirely possible.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

I used to post on the gamefaqs forums as a youth and I remember one time in a Medal of Honor game forum (frontline? It doesn’t matter) some kid asked to proofread his high school essay about d-day and it was literally just a description of the opening of Saving Private Ryan. He thought the characters were real and that’s how d-day happened. I think he came back and said he got a B on it

The sad thing is I can believe this, based on my own experience of getting an A for just listing one battle after another in a WWI-presentation I had to do for school. I literally bored everyone to death and still got an A, so yeah. This scenario sounds disturbingly real.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Mycroft Holmes posted:

please kill me

I found the guy's quora page and it's hilarious

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm going to take heart in this part. At least we live in an era where such blatant wrongness can be rapidly and aggressively countered.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Davin Valkri posted:

I'm going to take heart in this part. At least we live in an era where such blatant wrongness can be rapidly and aggressively countered.

i want to know what that weeb thinks about the RKKA

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

If I remember just one thing from this thread, it's the joke about identifying squads by firing a round over their heads and the US response being "nothing happens for fifteen minutes and then everything is wiped out by artillery and air strikes."

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Cyrano4747 posted:

Nah, there's some oddball specifics. I mean, could be a highschooler but the kind who hangs out in the history aisle of Barnes & Noble reading poo poo like "TIgers in the Mud" rather than the one who's just cribbing off video games.

Tigers in the Mud is a far cry from most wehraboos. Carius spends a good chunk of it praising the T-34, plus straight up confesses that his official kill count is fiction.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

I mean, he could be both these things tbf.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tomn posted:

If I remember just one thing from this thread, it's the joke about identifying squads by firing a round over their heads and the US response being "nothing happens for fifteen minutes and then everything is wiped out by artillery and air strikes."

"The USAAF was fighting a totally different war and never coordinated with the ground troops! All their fighters and bombers were in the Pacific!"

"Then how did the USAAF maintain air superiority for so long over so much of Europe?"

"Jews."

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

zoux posted:

The Germans had the support of the mighty Luftwaffe.

I think it's more saying the US Army didn't have the support of the US ARMY Air Force tbh

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ensign Expendable posted:

Tigers in the Mud is a far cry from most wehraboos. Carius spends a good chunk of it praising the T-34, plus straight up confesses that his official kill count is fiction.

You're right, I just grabbed a title from memory. My point is that there's a certain type of kid who loiters in the mil hist aisle at big box bookstores and can end up speaking from what they see as a position of authority on things.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Let's be honest - a lot of the people in this thread were that kid at one point.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Libluini posted:

That's what I call linguistic efficiency! You just need to read the first six words, and you immediately know what to do next.

I think we can get that from the Totenkopf user-icon.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

feedmegin posted:

I think it's more saying the US Army didn't have the support of the US ARMY Air Force tbh

So you're saying that the mighty (and unconstitutional) US Air Force failed to travel back in time to support the US Army?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Let's be honest - a lot of the people in this thread were that kid at one point.

yuuuuuup.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Man, I hope not.

Spend a few years doing suspension work on a tank, then look at a Tiger's suspension. It's sure to cure Wehraboo-ism, and luckily I got that relatively early on in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Cessna posted:

Man, I hope not.

Spend a few years doing suspension work on a tank, then look at a Tiger's suspension. It's sure to cure Wehraboo-ism, and luckily I got that relatively early on in my life.
Not the Nazi part, the hang out at B&N and delusions of authority part.