Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

BlackMK4 posted:

Someone cartwheeled the gently caress out of that right off the dealer lot. Nice.

The "SOLD" tag really is the icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Dave Inc. posted:

It really is.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

lol...... did you inhale the gas you're talking about?

It's STR.

So almost certainly yes :v:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dave Inc. posted:

Yeah, and the whole

Collision | All Over
Won't Start, Key(s) Present, Airbag(s) Deployed

is one of the great understatements of our time. It's like a cousin of that apocryphal 6-word story by Hemingway.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Seconding this brand, I ended up with this one after asking for recommendations in AI and it's amazing. Way quieter than the lovely ones, way faster, accurate gauge when it's off. I wish I bought it 10 years ago.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I didn't know that the focus was built in Germany.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

slidebite posted:

I didn't know that the focus was built in Germany.

For north america, only the RS.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Michael Scott posted:

lol...... did you inhale the gas you're talking about?

a lot of non-TCC people don't realize whipped cream chargers are N2O.

Absolutely not, no sir, I never inhaled nitrous out of a balloon. ;)

What's funny is when you walk into a head shop to buy them... if you say N2O, or Whip-Its, they get pissy. IT SAYS N2O RIGHT ON THE BOX, AND WHIP-ITS IS A loving BRAND NAME OF WHIPPED CREAM CHARGERS THAT YOU SELL, THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU! They insist you use the term "whipped cream chargers" at the head shop I used to buy them at.

I get why you're not supposed to use certain terms in a head shop, but when it's printed right.on.the.loving.box, and you can't say what's printed on the box without getting kicked out....

Only barely related, I was at a party one night, and the only thing I particularly remember is one guy lit a cigarette... took a few puffs... then took a huge hit of nitrous (I think 2 cartridges in the balloon?). Then exhaled through the cigarette. Which basically burst into flame and disappeared into a pile of ash very quickly (seconds).

InitialDave posted:

You can, however, buy kits to use them on little scooter/kart engines...

Now that sounds fun as gently caress. :getin:

Pham Nuwen posted:

It's STR.

So almost certainly yes :v:

I will admit to having inhaled, ingested, snorted, smoked, swallowed, maybe even plugged enough various chemicals in my lifetime to get the entire population of mainland China trashed (my one bit of pride is that I never touched needles or heroin).

I've honestly forgotten the names of half the poo poo I've put in my body over the years. So many "research chemicals"... and I wonder why I don't remember my teens and 20s.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Oct 28, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I've honestly forgotten the names of half the poo poo I've put in my body over the years. So many "research chemicals"... and I wonder why I don't remember my teens and 20s.
"Since they stopped testing on animals, a guy like me can really clean up"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Now that sounds fun as gently caress. :getin:
There are even tiny nitrous kits for RC engines that use the whipped cream cartridges. :rice:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Know what's terrible? 90's Mercury Capri seats. Holy poo poo, I've sat on concrete benches that were more comfortable and supportive

I guess that entire generation of Capris are generally terrible car stuff, but I definitely have a type

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

The Door Frame posted:

Know what's terrible? 90's Mercury Capri seats. Holy poo poo, I've sat on concrete benches that were more comfortable and supportive

I guess that entire generation of Capris are generally terrible car stuff, but I definitely have a type

The FWD Mazda BF 323 ones? They're actually pretty nice all-around, but when cornering you can certainly tell when you take the hard top off, or the hardware is loose as you suddenly see daylight over the windshield. I never ran the top off for much, even with a good soft top.

Agreed on the seats, though. They were loving awful. I has a set of Recaros from my GTX I ran in it.

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 28, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
https://twitter.com/CrazyinRussia/status/924392985948803073

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Door Frame posted:

Here, lemme help you with that.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Which is the best worst convertible, Capri or Sebring?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Dagen H posted:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Dagen H posted:

whynotboth.gif

ninja: it’s the Capri

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

TotalLossBrain posted:

I saw this thing today. That's not factory...right??

Tonight on Top Gear...

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

Wrong thread

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Dagen H posted:

I was sure Lebaron was going to be one of these words but it wasn't.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dannywilson posted:

I was sure Lebaron was going to be one of these words but it wasn't.

I thought about it briefly, but went with Sebring. Maybe "best worst '90s convertible"?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Ohh buddy, the Lebaron lasted well into that decade.

E: *Aladdin theme plays*

"I CAN SHOW YOU THE WORLD!"

spookykid fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 29, 2017

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
That's what I meant, LeBaron vs Capri.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I would own a lebaron convertible in a heartbeat, almost bought one this summer. It's so stupid and ugly and I love it

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Breakfast Feud posted:

I would own a lebaron convertible in a heartbeat, almost bought one this summer. It's so stupid and ugly and I love it

Have you got a short skirt and a long jacket?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
do you happen to have a quirky son named gordie?

E: a #1 SON?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Finger Prince posted:

Have you got a short skirt and a long jacket?

He changed his name from Johnny to Jared.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Rattlecan the fucker hot pink and drop Right Said Fred into the tape deck and rev the motor at anything remotely sporty :getin:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Breakfast Feud posted:

My grandma's silver 90's LeBaron was supposed to be my first car, but my older cousin got it first and totaled it at an intersection before I had a crack at it.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
My wife's very first car was a mid 80's LeBaron and boy was it a piece of poo poo.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Everyone is wrong, the worst convertible is the PT Cruiser. The correct answer to the "worst _____ car" is always the PT Cruiser

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
~Just drivin' around in Jon Voight's caaar~

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I would totally rock a (turbo) Lebaron if I ran across a clean one. Preferably a convertible coupe, but if I can't find one of those, a woody would be awesome.

TotalLossBrain posted:

My wife's very first car was a mid 80's LeBaron and boy was it a piece of poo poo.

That's kinda par for the course for 80s Mopar.... well, 80s domestics in general.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Wait, worse than that Nissan crossover convertible?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Wait, worse than that Nissan crossover convertible?

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr4Y838Lg1w

Mind you, the Range Rover fails because it is crap and costs $70k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9WZZaM_MKg

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Range Rover looks like something Barbie should be driving. It's like they designed it to save money on injection moulding. Rectangle to sit people inside of. Even that gotdang Murano has a more interesting design.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

The Door Frame posted:

Everyone is wrong, the worst convertible is the PT Cruiser. The correct answer to the "worst _____ car" is always the PT Cruiser

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Wrong thread.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I'd drive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

How dare you. How loving dare you!