Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I've always had a real weakness for Kimi no Kioku, but yeah, I'm probably with people on saying that the final boss theme from P3 is probably the best track in the series. That or Heartful Cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I hate that I can barely any remember music from P3. All that sticks out to me is the Iwatodai dorm them, that the FeMC's battle theme was better than Mass Destruction and that the overworld music in December was super good.

Sadly, I do remember that if I didn't find out you change the Tartarus music by talking to Fuuka, I might've lost my mind

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Moltrey posted:

I hate that I can barely any remember music from P3. All that sticks out to me is the Iwatodai dorm them, that the FeMC's battle theme was better than Mass Destruction and that the overworld music in December was super good.

Sadly, I do remember that if I didn't find out you change the Tartarus music by talking to Fuuka, I might've lost my mind

umm, deep breath deep breath?

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Moltrey posted:

I remember Sun and Time from the FemC's side mainly because Time and Sun are really good. I don't think I remember any of the MC's school themes.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Most of P3's battle themes were good to great. I really liked the dorm theme too for some reason. The rest I can't remember at all or could do without. P4 has the better soundtrack overall, but since it's better at everything else too, that's not a surprise.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I always liked Changing Seasons in Persona 3

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The battle for everyone's souls is pretty memorable to me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Best track is actually Snow Queen. :colbert:

PeaceDiner posted:

It was pretty bad in terms of CGI and acting, but I found it charming. It somewhat follows the game's basic plot, but adds in a lot of different stuff. If you've got a NicoNico account, you can watch the entire series.

I'm gonna guess it's not subtitled. My japanese isn't good enough to follow a drama (yet).

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

I told myself I was going to slog through the rest of PQ this weekend so that there would be no loose ends on my Games To Finish List before DAN, but I'm on the seventh floor of the last dungeon and just learned there are two more and I am just despondent :suicide:

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
P3's dorm theme is probably a large part of why I prefer FES over P3P, beyond being able to give MC whatever weapon I feel like at the moment. Moving a circle around as it plays just isn't the same.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
plus being able to have pierce damage on a character other than your loving healer is really good

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Multiple physical types was the most boring way to attempt to add depth to a combat system that clearly did not have much to it, especially since it was solely because you didn't have controllable partners and it was an attempt to balance that awful decision.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I always liked Changing Seasons in Persona 3

correct

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
bring back nuclear damage

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Remember that Tartarus boss that could only be damaged by Pierce? What a great design decision, I love P3's multiple physical types.

P5 doing it is okay because at least in that every character has a gun.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Bring back this and fusion spells. And mutations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Weren't those just Almighty...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think the skills that were nuclear got merged into almighty, but they were originally separate? Its been a while. We don't need more damage types either way though.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

I think the Megido (Almighty) and Frei (Nuclear) families of skills used to be separate in the same way that Bufu and Aqua were separate.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Delsaber posted:

I think the Megido (Almighty) and Frei (Nuclear) families of skills used to be separate in the same way that Bufu and Aqua were separate.

Persona's the only game with Nuclear in the first place, and the Megido line's part of it there.

There's also never really been Water skills in Bufu.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 28, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Bring back spells based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_interaction

In fact really bring back the whole "we used technology to do magic poo poo" that used to be such a major theme and is now just kinda sorta there but not really. Programming is like incantations is a great scifi jumping off point, drat it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The only issue I really had with P3's music was that Mass Destruction's opening wasn't exactly good for a normal encounter theme. It's a great song, don't get me wrong, but it was annoying for every fight to open with MEL-ME-MEL-ME-ME-MEL-ME-MEL-ME-MELLLLL-YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

Especially since, by the end of the game, that's the only thing you'll actually hear from the song, since the fights don't last long enough.

I didn't mind the different types of physical damage, since it theoretically added an extra feature to your party composition, but it wasn't really well-distributed and the fact they'd rarely ever use physical attack anyway made it a moot point at best.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

MrAristocrates posted:

Remember that Tartarus boss that could only be damaged by Pierce? What a great design decision, I love P3's multiple physical types.

I agree

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Cleretic posted:

The only issue I really had with P3's music was that Mass Destruction's opening wasn't exactly good for a normal encounter theme. It's a great song, don't get me wrong, but it was annoying for every fight to open with MEL-ME-MEL-ME-ME-MEL-ME-MEL-ME-MELLLLL-YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

Especially since, by the end of the game, that's the only thing you'll actually hear from the song, since the fights don't last long enough.

I didn't mind the different types of physical damage, since it theoretically added an extra feature to your party composition, but it wasn't really well-distributed and the fact they'd rarely ever use physical attack anyway made it a moot point at best.

The opening lyrics are actually BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-B-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-B (YEAAAAAAAAAAH) and it's the best part of Mass Destruction.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

The opening lyrics are actually BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-B-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-B (YEAAAAAAAAAAH) and it's the best part of Mass Destruction.

MEL-ME sounds better actually.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

How the heck do you even hear it as "mel-me"?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Terper posted:

How the heck do you even hear it as "mel-me"?

I listened to the original OST version on Youtube when I wrote that to make sure, and it sounded more like an 'M' than a 'B'. It's a mistake of mine, it sounds more like 'baby' in other versions.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Cleretic posted:

I listened to the original OST version on Youtube when I wrote that to make sure, and it sounded more like an 'M' than a 'B'. It's a mistake of mine, it sounds more like 'baby' in other versions.

You sound like an alien trying to make sense of human language in all versions.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
ooh yeah, da da da da da da da da, mel-me mel-me, da da da da da da da da

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hit me mel-me one more time.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
singing mass destruction with your tongue stuck out

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cant stop laughing about melmy

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
And the opening song's "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeel myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead", right?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm not going to defend my lovely lyrical comprehension. I'm an idiot and I know it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Supremezero posted:

And the opening song's "Meeeeeeeeeeeeeel myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead", right?

Apparently, there are people who hear that as "burn my bread."

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Major themes of Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3: death, acceptance, baking

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I do :(

(The singer hardly pronounces the "d" at all)
(Also it only really sounds like that in the Last Battle version)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think the skills that were nuclear got merged into almighty, but they were originally separate? Its been a while. We don't need more damage types either way though.

Megido was Nuclear in P1, where there was no Almighty. Then Frei was Nuclear in P2, while Megido, Gry, and Zan were all folded into Almighty.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
RIP Tera line of spells. You were too good to keep existing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Light Gun Man posted:

Bring back spells based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_interaction

In fact really bring back the whole "we used technology to do magic poo poo" that used to be such a major theme and is now just kinda sorta there but not really. Programming is like incantations is a great scifi jumping off point, drat it.

so like, .hack?