Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/JediInsider/status/1427997812130816002

https://www.denuonovo.com/

Somehow their ecomm site for this one is even worse than NECA Store's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

How the gently caress are these not knocked all over the floor by Lulu and Rokit?

They are pretty indifferent to them.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also one of my favorite photos of Lulu with a kaiju- I call this one “Gossip”

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Haha, that side eye.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I got a Halo toy in a wonderfully obnoxious color pattern today

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Man Super 7 keeps things rolling

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1428150082382221312?s=21

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1428148902872731650?s=19

Mattel from the top rope

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

motherfu-

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

oh hell ye-

omg

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Full wave

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strange choice to just have regular Moe in there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What is going on lately

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
omg Simpsons Ultimate will bankrupt me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Burkion posted:

What is going on lately

All I know is that I'm happy I make an obscene amount of money

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I for one am glad that the initial lineup is so weird, otherwise I might be tempted.

Also, I am sort of ambivalent about renders being used as these solicitation images. I'd kind of like to see what these look like in plastic, ya know?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
My origins Man-e-Faces came in today from Amazon. It was in a plastic bag, the packaging was destroyed, wet and the figure appeared to have mold on it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I am so hosed with Simpsons figs coming back

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

One of the top-selling items on AmiAmi right now is a 1/6 figurine of a shiba-inu being hit in the face by a frisbee:

I'm not going to buy it, but I can't lie... I do absolutely want it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

MooselanderII posted:

I for one am glad that the initial lineup is so weird, otherwise I might be tempted.

Also, I am sort of ambivalent about renders being used as these solicitation images. I'd kind of like to see what these look like in plastic, ya know?

If their TMNT Playmates figures are any indication, they'll be excellent, but $50+ a figure is a really hard pill to swallow for what look to be some throw away characters.

e: not to say they're not good choices, but for an unproven line coming in with oddball choices for figures at that pricepoint is risky.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
You'd think they'd have one "normal" figure of the main family in the first wave.

Deep Space Homer
B-Sharps Homer
Baseball Homer
Nuclear suit Homer...I see it now. They'll go like ten waves before a normal Homer.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

If their TMNT Playmates figures are any indication, they'll be excellent, but $50+ a figure is a really hard pill to swallow for what look to be some throw away characters.

e: not to say they're not good choices, but for an unproven line coming in with oddball choices for figures at that pricepoint is risky.

The TMNT figures are great, but boy do they feel sort of like improved Mattel like sculpts with deluxe levels of accessories at a higher end price point. I guess that' part of the super 7 appeal, making something that feels fundamentally like an American figure, but at a high price point.

Edit: Also, the idea of going deep enough into the Simpsons that you get to Poochie and robot itchy and scratchy (I think that's who those are?) at 55 bucks each is a big oof.

MooselanderII fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Aug 19, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nanigans posted:

You'd think they'd have one "normal" figure of the main family in the first wave.

Deep Space Homer
B-Sharps Homer
Baseball Homer
Nuclear suit Homer...I see it now. They'll go like ten waves before a normal Homer.

Its pretty much a promise and/or threat that they're in this for the long haul and are ready to make some deep loving cuts

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I guess it could still happen but I'd prefer if NECA did these because they'd bang out tons of Simpsons 2 packs and it'd come with a ton of accessories for that $50-$52 price point like they do with TMNT.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Simpsons characters in any 3d form always look wonky and unpleasant to me. I'm kinda glad these are such bizarre choices and that I don't feel any pang to get any of them.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's not a Simpsons figure I want unless it's got a voice tech chip in the foot.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I still have a bunch of those Playmates Simpsons figures, which were pretty great. I have no real desire to start a new Simpsons toy collection, but I will say the "deep pull" characters / versions were some of my favorites. The two that lasted the longest on my display shelf were "casual" Homer (in his underwear) and Disco Stu. The bee man from Spanish TV was another favorite. I don't think it's a bad move to focus on really specific jokes and esoteric references for a collector-aimed toy line, because those were the real joy of the show. They also make for more visually interesting display pieces. Standard Bart has been done a million times, and might not hook anyone at this point.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I guess there is a space for ultra deep cuts in smaller toy lines because I did get this today as well

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

One of the top-selling items on AmiAmi right now is a 1/6 figurine of a shiba-inu being hit in the face by a frisbee:

I'm not going to buy it, but I can't lie... I do absolutely want it.

Want to buy this to mod a cap shield in place of the frisbee

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I bought a ton of Simpsons figures from someone here and never had a chance to set them up. Still have them despite having almost nothing else.

This line is going to be trouble for me.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
A friend of mine is a huge Simpsons fan and has almost the entire Playmates line, but I showed him those Ultimates and he scoffed at the price. Which is fair, $55 is a legitimately tough pill to swallow, but :shrug:

I’ll probably buy a Milhouse or Grampa if they ever do those, though.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
A source I've never heard of revealed some rumors of upcoming G.I. Joe Classified figures today. Some of these sound reasonable, others seem more like long shots or wishful thinking.

https://toynewsi.com/278-39903

But so far, every character that has been made was listed on https://gijoe.hasbro.com/en-us, with one exception (Breaker). And most of those rumored figures are listed on the site too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

There will never be a better simpsons figure line than World of Simpsons. Though those super 7 figures look good

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah that's a wild lineup for wave 1.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I just want a loving Simpsons Spinal Tap figure set.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Give me a Chief Wiggum P.I. and Skinny Boy Skinner two-pack.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

A source I've never heard of revealed some rumors of upcoming G.I. Joe Classified figures today. Some of these sound reasonable, others seem more like long shots or wishful thinking.

https://toynewsi.com/278-39903

But so far, every character that has been made was listed on https://gijoe.hasbro.com/en-us, with one exception (Breaker). And most of those rumored figures are listed on the site too.

That dude with the crocodile was one of the GI Joe figures I really, really loved as a kid, and might be one of a very few I'd buy in 6-inch scale. That's a real short list, but he's on it.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Want to buy this to mod a cap shield in place of the frisbee

It looks like the designers wanted to do that but made it different enough to avoid Disney Lawyers.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nerd Of Prey posted:

That dude with the crocodile was one of the GI Joe figures I really, really loved as a kid, and might be one of a very few I'd buy in 6-inch scale. That's a real short list, but he's on it.

One of my favorite comics of the last 20 years is Cobra: The Last Laugh, a dark, mature, modern, revisionist take on G.I. Joe and Cobra and their war, by Mike Costa, Christos Gage, and Antonio Fuso. The don't handle a lot of the best-known and most familiar characters, but they turn Chuckles into their fascinating, conflicted protagonist and turn some of the sillier Cobra agents -- Tomax and Xamot, Crystal Ball, Big Boa, and loving Croc Master -- into formidable threats and terrifying nightmare people.

I'll never stop enthusiastically recommending this comic (collected in one volume!) to G.I. Joe fans.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Other posted:

Full wave

Kind of cool that they're including a Homer with the Inanimate Carbon Rod figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Shiroc posted:

I got a Halo toy in a wonderfully obnoxious color pattern today

That's an alley viper from cobra. He's just missing his shield :colbert: